xisto Community
Thyta

Cats Vs. Dogs: Who Will Win? These are peoples OPINIONS.

Cats or Dogs?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope it's okay for a poll on which you PREFER: Cats, dogs, or both? And emphasis on the PREFER. These are people's OPINIONS, like I said before in the title. So please, don't say one's better than the other. They're both equal in some people's point of view, dogs are better in some people's point of view, or cats are better in other people's point of view. TONS of points of view. So don't sulk because people don't like the same things you do! Not that I'm saying you WOULD sulk..

Ahem. Anyways, I'd prefer dogs, because I'm more familiar with them. Despite their eagerness to lick you and drool on you, they're really loving. I'm not saying cats aren't that way, however. They just portray their affection differently.

I hope it's okay for a poll on which you PREFER: Cats, dogs, or both? And emphasis on the PREFER. These are people's OPINIONS, like I said before in the title. So please, don't say one's better than the other. They're both equal in some people's point of view, dogs are better in some people's point of view, or cats are better in other people's point of view. TONS of points of view. So don't sulk because people don't like the same things you do! Not that I'm saying you WOULD sulk..

Ahem. Anyways, I'd prefer dogs, because I'm more familiar with them. Despite their eagerness to lick you and drool on you, they're really loving. I'm not saying cats aren't that way, however. They just portray their affection differently.

Hi Thyta!

Welcome to Xisto, I see you just joined today. I've just been here a few months myself, but even in that short time, I'll bet everybody know's how I'm voting on this poll! :rolleyes:

Dogs Rule and Cats Drool!

Actually, I've joined yesterday. =D Not much difference, however.

Yep, I WAAAY prefer dogs. But I still like cats. Nice, but still, cats don't like me. So I have the same feelings for them, I'm sad to say.

You must've been around the Pets & Animals forum a lot, huh?

How about using the default text size. My eyes are too old for that little type. :rolleyes:

I have had dogs and cats along the path of my life, but I settled on cats as my favorite because they are easier to tend to, can be left alone more readily, and you don't have to walk them. I loved my dogs, but they did require more of my time. I have had more trouble with dogs than cats.

Of course my real favorite is a horse. Think of all the more things you can do with them. And, they walk you. ;) Although you cannot have them sit in your lap and are hard to house break. :D

Very true. And here's your big text for ya. ;)

Yes, cats are easier to tend to than dogs. I've tended to kittens before in an animal shelter.. Just take out the litter box, cover your nose while you dump it, and a bunch of other stuff. AND cats don't bark loudly! They hiss! Yay!

..Ahem. Anyways, horses are nice. Horseback riding is fun! Though, many times, I'd hear a thump on the ground behind me as I am riding.. And also some hisses of liquid hitting the ground. I won't go into it anymore. I think you know what I mean.. :rolleyes:

It's hard to choose between the two, as I like both for different reasons.Cats are awesome because they're cute, cuddly, small, and they don't want constant attention from you (as in that they go out doing stuff and explore by themselves). Dogs are great because you can actually play with them, be less gentle (in terms of firmness, I guess... not sure how to word it), they'll follow you around, and if you have a lot of love to give, they're always by your side. Cats poop inside; with dogs, you usually have to let them out. Most dogs will show that they love you all the time; cats will purr and rub against you, but won't be physically with you all the time.I'd personally would like a cat and a dog one day... right now, I have a Siberian Huskey named Angel. :rolleyes:

I believe cats are better than dogs; they cuddle up easily, are very cute, don't chew all the pillows up (*cough* the dog *cough*) but overall cats are better. My issue with dogs are that their plain annoying, they pee everywhere, chew everything up, eat the cats food, bark and carry on like a pork chop! But some dogs are cute, you have to admit, and there are some really ugly cats out there!

Cool, its a tie!! Which is what my answer was. I do not prefer one from the other, it really depends on the animal. Sometimes the dog could be a boring dumb dog, and sometimes the cat can be a cat who does not even care about you and only cares about you feeding him and giving him water. Some dogs are really fun and can also help protect the house and some cats can also be playful, curios and cute. It also depends on what the owner wants, but I really dont prefer one from the other, I guess I would choose both if I was given that option.

Hi,I personally love all animals so obviously my answer would be Cats and Dogs both rule :D Ever since I was a baby my family kept a lot of different kinds of pets.. Cats, dogs, fish, birds and other teeny tiny mammals.. So I have learn t to love all and not pick any favorites Currently I have 2 dogs and 2 cats... They live harmoniously together for the cats are tolerant enough towards the dogs and one of the dogs is a very motherly figure :DI believe that both cats and dogs are prefect for they each help you settle in your mood perfectly.. For exampleWhen you feel like lazing around you would always entice your cat with a toy or a string and watch it run after it :rolleyes: Or Throw a ball or something for your dog to fetch.When you are reading a book or working, you would love to have your cat on your lap or your dog sleeping near your feet.... In my case I have both.When you want to take a walk, you will have your dog to walk with but when you feel like watching some T.V or cooking a cat makes the perfect companion.I have spent many school years with my cat sitting next to me while studying and my dog supporting my back... I try to encourage the cats and dogs to be near me and help me enjoy the moment more :D I cuddle one of the dogs when I sleep while my cats sleep near my feet and back...So conclude my long winded random speech ;) I would say that both a cat and dog make you happier at the right time and mood.As for the peeing and stuff... I used to feed my cats raw fish, the residue I got was enough to make my bro want to faint... At least it made him gag :D I guess everything has its pros and cons.. We do not mind cleaning our pets for they are like family

Cats are still in the lead, by 1!! My sister wants us to get another dog- my mum just said no, which is good because having one annoying little dog that drools on everything is enough for our house, as its CAT COTTAGE not dog dungeon... cats rule dogs drool! :rolleyes:

Alright.. Haven't been here for a while. Anyways, I still prefer dogs, whatever you say. =D

I love cats and dogs, and think they are both great companions, but as far as which I would rather OWN, I would pick cats hands down. First of all, they are cleaner. They don't smell, so that when someone walks into your house they don't instantly know you have a dog. Also, you don't have to give cats baths because they clean themselves. They are really just less work in general. You don't have to take them for walks or let them outside, you just have to feed them and dump out their litter box about once a week. The best thing that is better about cats that is not related to their cleanliness or care, is that they are cuddly. Yes, some dogs are lap dogs, but cats are all small enough to fit on your lap, and you can actually HOLD them. Some dogs (bigger dogs) may want to jump on you, but that's the last thing you want them to do because they will crush you.There is not argument that can beat "cats are better than dogs" other than the fact that dogs can be more fun. It's true that it's great to have a dog to take camping and to the beach and hunting and fishing, but it depends on your personality. I'm not an extremely active person, so I wouldn't use a dog very often. I love to just snuggle up and watch movies or play games, so I would rather have a nice, subtle, quiet, cuddly kitty there by me.Oh, and cats don't bark. Sometimes they meow A LOT, but if you yell at them or scare them away, they will run away and hide and shut up.So, yea, pick a cat when in doubt if you are like me.

waaaa I think the cat is win because the cat is run faster ^^/ and good jumping

I'm a cat person. I dunno, they just seem smarter (not to say they are, or that dogs are dumber) but they seem smarter... and cynical. I dunno, just the way cats sometimes look at you as if to say, 'if you don't feed me ill poo behind your television'they're still cool :lol:

Many people says dogs are stupid. I do not think they are, but stupid things goes quite well with me. I think cats are arrogant, always gets hit by cars... and, well I feel like you just do not get the same connection with a cat. I love dogs, though I have not got one myself. My sister do, and I love that little creature. But what is great with dogs?Dogs are quite easy to train and learn new things. Like for example id you are too lazy to get of your but to get the paper every single morning, train the dog! If you always keep forgetting where you put your keys, then train the dog! Dogs are great, and many often turn into a family member. Kids love them, and most of them love kids. Come on, it is much more fun to have an animal that you can play with, take on trips and such things. But then again, maybe dogs are stupid... maybe that is the only reason why they are easy to train. And cats are so clever, that they simply do not bother about those weird humans wishes.I would still prefer dogs, but big dogs. Not one of those that can easy fit in your handbag. :lol: