xisto Community
chassidydawnn

Wolves As Pets

I have a Mackenzie Valley Wolf named paris and we are about to start breeding her does anyone else know anything about breeding wolves that might help us out? We are very excited about this? We are looking for people with more Mackenzie Valley wolves because they are extremely rare does anyone know where some are other than in west texas?

Don't know much about wolves. I don't know how simular they would be to domestic dogs. My guess is they would only cycle once a year, as compared to domestic dogs having 2 heat cycles per year. I would have to guess the gestation would be about the same. I would think placing the pups would also be a major pain. I mean, lets face it, there are a lot of people out there that can't handle a pet dog, imagine finding people responsible enough to sell a wolf pup to! Curious, how is a Mackenzie wolf different from other wolves?

I used to have a half wolf/half german shephard named Pax. He was a very cool and loving pup. Shephard coloring, but otherwise looked wolfish. I had to give him away when I moved to a pet unfriendly building years ago.

I have a Mackenzie Valley Wolf named paris and we are about to start breeding her does anyone else know anything about breeding wolves that might help us out? We are very excited about this? We are looking for people with more Mackenzie Valley wolves because they are extremely rare does anyone know where some are other than in west texas?

wow i would love to have one of them they are so beautiful but i cant find them anywhere you can you tell me where i might be able to buy one... cause i would love to have a Mackenzi valley wolf i bet yours is really beautiful how old is paris

Not to be rude or anything, I'm a wolf expert. First of all, nobody should be keeping and breeding wolves. Wolves are wild animals and they are not to be kept as pets. Second of all, you shouldn't breed wolves either. At least a quarter of the reason why people do not like wolves and are killing them is because people are breeding them. You see, when people breed wolves with dogs, and the dogs are aggressive and bite, people blame the wolf-half of the dog. Unless you are breeding wolves together to save the wolf species, then I'm fine with that! So here's a tip: Don't keep wolves as pets! thanks! Sincerely, Anna Lewis Wolf Expert-reply by Anna Lewis

O.M.G. That is THE best! I love wolves. they are fluffy and cute and fun to play with! :D I don't know anything about wolves, but that is so cool. don't listen to people who say you can't have a wolf as a pet. you can have it if you know it's not endangered. If it IS an endangered species, you have to set it free, but don't do anything rash without consulting. Hope this helped(Ok, so it didn't help, but it gave you a little info) :) YAY!!!

Where are you located? And, just what is a Mackenzie Valley Wolf? Are you keeping this one as a pet? Are you working with local Wildlife organizations?

As Ann Lewis has said, this is a project that should be reserved for Wolf Experts. Or at the very least, be co-ordinated with Wildlife experts.

wow I didn't know that wolves can be domesticated! I thought it was only possible in RPGs. lol I wish I could have a wolf as a pet too, but I can't even keep a dog lol Good luck with your wolf breeding!

That sounds pretty interesting having a wolf as a pet. I'd be interested to know more about what it's like living with one. Sorry I don't know much about raising wolves but could you tell us how it's been so far?

No one should be owning and especially breeding wolves or wolf hybrids

Wolves As Pets

I'm sorry to be harsh but this is ridiculous...A wolf is a wild animal, they are not like dogs that have been domesticated for hundreds of years. A wolf hybrid is even more dangerous because they don't have a fear of humans as a true wolf would. THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PETS AND THEY DO NOT MAKE GOOD PETS. Seriously people, think about this and give your heads a shake. They do not make cute and cuddly pets. Anyone who is owning or breeding a wild animal (conserving an endangered species is different) and call themselves true animal lovers are hypocrites. If you were a true animal lover you would know where WILD animals belong and are happier and that's the best place for them. Lol I can't believe people sometimes.

-reply by xxJESSICAxx

I have a 12 year old male timber wolf. He has been a wonderfull companion.But he is not social to other people. Therefore people who do not understand thier nature oppose ownership. Or perhaps had a bad experince with a rouge. And there can be rouges in any breed. They are differant and must be respected

As some have all ready said.You should probably be very carefull whenbreeding the wolf.Make sure it doesn't breed with any domestic dogs. It must be neat having a wolf as a pet.I'd feel much easier and saferhaving a wolf as a pet rather than a pitbull.Pitbulls make me very nervous.

Edited by networker (see edit history)