xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
killer911pt

I Am Legend

I'm waiting for this film too .. I saw trailers and they are really good .. I like Will Smith and this idea about this world.. It can be really horror movie and really good :P But 2008 years is some months ahead .

I like Will Smith and this idea about this world.. It can be really horror movie and really good :P But 2008 years is some months ahead .

i like will smith too. i think he is good making people funny jokes. i like princ of bel air and he on TV every day. it is funny how joking in america always

Ah this movie is so on my "must watch" list.The plot is scary, intruiging, interesting and cool.Can't wait for the results, still - It's out in United States before it's on cinemas in Norway / Europe so... :\ Ah well... More waiting for me.

Well seen as it's out by now and I've seen it I guess I should review it :) Spoiler free =D

OK So the plot is very basically that theres this one guy left on earth. Everyone died out because some fricking stupid scientist thought she could cure cancer with this virus. Problem is that it makes you uber freaky. He is immune to this weird *bottom* virus though and seeks shelter in the city. I'm not going to say any more because everyone has to go see this film.

The plot is actually based on the '54 book of the same name. There are many variations to the original book however as you will discover upon seeing the film and reading the book. Again I'm not going to point these out I'm jsut saying that if you have read the book don't expect it to be an exact replica because it is indeed nowhere near that.

Will Smith's role portrays mild case of insanity upon the premise of being left alone in the world without any kind of human interraction at all. The only companion he has is his dog Sam. He brings over the role of lonliness and insanity in a performance that seems completely effortless. The scene at the brooklyn bridge cost five million US dollars to create. That is the most amount of money spent on any set in New York City. The makers must have been very confident in the success of this film. It is actually a horror genre film. This is not portrayed in the best sense really. The "dark seekers" are made using CGI *originally it was going to be actors with prosthetic legs as in this film they are mutants as appose to the novels original vampires. The director didn't think it was convincing so he changed it to CGI.* but just aren't really all that scary. One would have thought using CGI the possibilities are compleletly endless. They can make them as terrifying as they like. This is not the case as I was not personally very scared by them. This might be due to severe desensitisation to horror over the years though.

All in all I thought the film was fantastic. It protrayed alot of emotion. Certain moments almost had the entire audience in tears. A heavy use of action and concentrated awesome shone through the film. There was often explosions and guns and really cool stuff happening.

Five stars. I love it. I've seen it once and i plan on seeing it again atleast twice before it comes out on DVD. I will then watch it every night.

tl;dr epic win

I watched this just a few hours ago. I thought it was okay, not as good as I expected though. The ending was not good, for the sake of people wanting to watch it, i will not reveal what happens. For most of the film, it's just will smith(Apart from flashbacks and the ending), which did not make it very interesting in terms of characters.

Its just about to hit the theaters here in Mexico, though a friend already has this movie in a dvd copy :S , that is pretty common here. He said its a good movie though, I cant wait to see it in a movie theater. I have seen the trailer and it looks really interesting.

I've already watched it, but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be, so I was quite disappointed. I thought the plot was a bit of a rip-off from Resident Evil actually, but I gave it a shot because I liked these survival horror kind of plots. But the zombies didn't even look scary and the ending is really lame.

another review to add to the list :) Im gonna focus on Will Smith as an actor and try not to focus on the story line though it is pretty good. I think in this film will Smith has excelled himself in terms of acting ability... He is AMAZING in this film (no i don't fancy him lol) He can portray so many emotions. At first you see a determination and a sort of acceptance of the conditions he is in. He has accepted the solitary "confinement" as it were but, as said already, he has the hints of insanity thanks to the in-depth research by the creators by talking to prisoners who have been in solitary, and psychologists and virtually anyone who's been in solitary for a long time to really get his act right. And it works perfectly, for example during the film it becomes apparent that due to the lack of humans he has done several things. Hes set up manikins across the city in places he visits such as the video rental store and he talks to them in a way that leaves you wondering if hes sane and does it to amuse himself or if hes mad. Also from the prison research, and perhaps for his survival he exercises every day as a regime and talks to his dog excessively. It really is convincing.Along with slight madness and happiness he is excellent at displaying sadness. Im not a soppy type, i love episodes of soaps where someone dies etc... but his act is brilliant, its more than just tears, you can almost feel the pain hes going through thanks to the immersion in the story line. And despite what i though the film is in fact slightly scary. and again i dont get scared in films easilly. I love SAW and Hostel and Ghosty films etc.. but the fear that Smith shows is so real somehow. He transfers his fear onto you. Untill you see the film you wont understand. It really is amazing. And the technical mastery is rather good too. The only thing that lets the film down is the CGI "zombie" like people. They are too smooth, almost blurry instead of having gravelly features that you would have if you lived in their conditions for 4 years. But, given the fact that almost all of the city scenes were actually filmed by closing parts of NY city and filming them "in the field" the city scenes are amazing. I wont spoil it too much but the opening scenes of an empty, silent Ny city are amazing, so unreal yet so real at the same time. the only scene that was completey CGI was one scene involving an explosion.. i cant say more than that without spoiling it buy check out howstuffworks.com and search for the film title, and you will read some very interesting stuff about the film and its creation. Which is where ive learned most of this info from. As for the story line... in general the whole "virus goes mad, people turn into zombies, start eating people, if bitten you get infected, cant go in sunlight, someone invents miracle cure" is just stupid... HOWEVER the story line of I Am Legend isnt like that.. the zombies aren't zombies, the way they were "zombified" is totally believable *slight spoiler........* ************** Instead of being zombies the infected are actually just blood crazed... they are hell bent on aggression and eating and getting blood rather than the whole "oh they're zombies" and instead of being weak and stupid they learn and are powerful thanks to their extremely high metabolism, breathing, heartbeat and berserk style mindset, they actually end up copying a trap Smiths character made and capture him using it which shows intelligence*** end of spoiler***so an overall rating... Its difficult. For acting Smith scores a 10/10 and i dont give out many 10's! for technical/research/creation of the film and story they deserve a 9.5 I think that by adding another 10 minutes a more scientific explanation of the virus and why it affects people like this and giving a plausibly explanation would really improve the immersion in the story. For CGI and filming techniques they get a 9. some of the camera work is filmed with a "head bob" style effect which made my eyes hurt and the CGI of infected people could be better, they look like gollum... for storyline itself they also get a 9.5 for the same reason of not enough depth to the details of the virus. In total a 9.5 definitely worth the cinema ticket price and on DVD too, and i very rarely buy DVDs! SEE THIS FILM! Its brilliant. And if Will Smith doesnt win awards for this film i will be very shocked, its the best acting I've ever seen, not a single flaw. Well done Will!

will i saw the movi too it is bad movi all the time you see only will smith face and his dogno one elseyou dont even know the story like resdintevel you know what hapins and you can see the monstorsbut in this movi you cant see the monistors face only at the end of the movi when thay attak himand the hiro dai at the end also a bad thingthir is no reson for him to daiyou feel like this story has medvide allot of timesand maked just for himhe has allot of cars plans hilcpotars and every thing in the worled and he just stay at his housand go to shping every day watch the movislike nothing hapinsit is bad movi for my opinins

I AM LEGENDThe novel that gives the title to the film, written by Richard Matheson and mythical circulated by our shares with the title "vampires", dates back to 1954, but the first to stay only on Earth inside the big screen, sought by evil beings equipped with zombies features was the unforgettable splendid Vincent Price in "The Last Man on Earth", which, ten years later signed by Ubaldo Ragona and Sidney Salkow , ended even inspire masterpiece "Night of the Living Dead". Unless we take into consideration "28 2003 by Danny Boyle obviously taking account of the ideas behind the work of Matheson, we can safely say that Boris Sagal was the last director in charge of a transposition film official the successful "1975: White Eyes on the planet Earth", interpreted in 1971 by Charlton Heston and the script which seem to have drawn the scriptwriters Mark Protosevich ( "Poseidon") and Akiva Goldsman ( "The Da Vinci Code") in order to obtain the script on which to build this "I am Legend", directed by Francis Lawrence that former some time ago, not exactly memorable "Constantine". And it is the former "Prince of Bel Air" Will Smith to replace Price and Heston in the role of the brilliant scientist that fight the virus which has reduced New York City, and probably the entire world, a ghost metropolis populated only in ' overshadowed by aggressive infected. But, beyond the fact that the choice of an actor of color tends to encourage more study of a certain hidden meaning on the strong link between intolerance and violence (with a quote from Bob Marley), Lawrence does not seem to succeed in the to recall that sense of desolation human effectively emphasized by the two previous film versions, which are not aligned even the unexpected epilogue devoid of hope, with more attention to the typical luxury pack of blockbuster of the third millennium, which deserves to be recognized especially beautiful photography Andrew Lesnie (the trilogy "The Lord of the Rings") and as well scenes of Naomi Shohan ( "Training day"). So nice, in some part so boring, in some part photocopy of some great film :)

ok ok ok, so i went and watched this movie about a month ago, and it was probably the BEST movie of 2007/2008.as you all know, will smith was the star of this movie, and he was absolutely brilliant. when i first saw the trailers, i thought that the movie would be set out in the following way: they show glimpses of the past, and then how three years later he is the only one. then he has to try to find out what happened etc. and how he can bring the human race back. the second idea was correct, however the first wasn't. the movie was ENTIRELY set three years after the human race was wiped out, and he is the only one remaining. the only flashbacks you get from the past are at the beginning and in his dreams.***WARNING: DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE MOVIE, IT WRECKS IT FOR YOU***ok, so it starts off with a news report from the past. they are discussing a new treatment for all forms of cancer. this is possible through the genetic modification of the measels. next thing you know, you see will smith and his dog. will is holding a pretty big machine gun, and they are walking along a street overgrown with grass.from here follows a series of thrilling moments, in which will comes close to death many times. i wont elaborate on the middle part of the movie, see that for yourself. you get to see what has become of the rest of the human race.the end was the best part of the movie. will's dog dies after being infected by one of the feral dogs. will attempts suicide, however is rescued by two other survivors. they take will to his home, however that night the dark seekers had followed them to the home. it finally comes down to this: the three survivors are in the basement along with like 100 of the dark seekers, only separated by a glass wall. just before it seems as if they will die, will discovers that one of his experiment cures worked. he gives the cure to the other two survivors, and hides them in the fireplace. then, he reaches into his desk and pulls out - you guessed it, a grenade! just as one of the dark seekers breaches the glass, will pulls the pin and sacrifices his life for mankind.finally, the other two survivors make it to a 'survivor's camp'. they hand the cure to the officers in charge, everyoneis saved etc. etc.the end tells you what a legend will was. it ends with the line:'this is his legend'this is a 5/5 movie. as i said, what i think was the best movie of 07/08. a warning though, this movie is not for the faint-hearted.

Personally, I think this movie is very good. I went to the cinema to watch it with my friends. The plot is good but not original. I mean, it basically revolves around a sole survivor in the midst of a city against all those mutated human. Sounds familiar with Resident Evil. But the novelty here is that the good doctor didn't wanna leave. He chose to stay because he thought he could cure the disease. Unlike Resident Evil where the main characters only want to escape and prevent being eaten, Dr. Neville faced those demons with courage and even captured them to conduct experiments.Central to this novelty is the way the camera and cinematography is handled. It exudes a sense of loneliness, horror and despair not found in other movies. For this, the movie is a huge success because audience really feels for the main character and gets immersed into the horrifying experience. My friends were stunned and speechless after the movie because it really gripped them tightly and plays with their minds. What I really like about the movie is the way subtle messages are conveyed. At the end, Dr. Neville decided to sacrifice himself. He didn't believe there was a God and he was in despair. At the end, he said that he's 'listening', which means he's giving up everything to God. Quite a message to get across to our world, eh? Shows that in the end, when all else fails, all we could do is trust in the Lord.I'd recommend this movie to anyone, though many of my classmates got emotional after the movie and said they dislike it. :P