xisto Community
jlhaslip

*** Virus Alert *** Important *** *** DO NOT TOUCH THESE LINKS ***

Sources have warned that the following links, or similar, should not be "touched" or linked to.

Your Anti-virus will issue a severe warning if you click to these links.

It would appear that the common element is the filename in the link which follows the web protocol h t t p.

h {double t} p {colon} //xxthebestxx.hut2.ru/r57.txt

h {double t} p {colon} ///cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgir57.txt

h {double t} p {colon} (a file on your account)%20script:void(0)

h {double t} p {colon} //turkey.dnsdc9.com/~activ7/r57.txt

h {double t} p {colon} //turkey.dnsdc9.com/~activ7/r57.txt

and here are the details from an Anti-Virus program:

Posted Image

This is a Brand New Trojan/Virus. It can not be found in a Google Search, fortunately the NOD32 Anti Virus I use was effective against it.

Just another example indicating that there are IDJITS on the Internet and you should be careful.

Ensure that your security is updated with an effective Anti-virus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware and all the rest.

Thanks for reading. Be careful.

hmm... thanks for the information. i told my brother about it as well since he uses this laptop aside from me. i wonder how those files get embedded on your account or other people's websites.anyway, thanks again. i hope my antivirus gets hold of a solution just in case. there's only a few sites i go to and they're reliable sites, so i'm not that worried, but a little notice won't hurt.

WOW,Thanks jim. This is really a shocker to me. But one question the 3rd link of the virus. Is this file a virus or any file chosen? Thanks for the notice i will check it out. How effective is this virus and what is it? a keylogger, a Trojan? well thanks on the heads up will keep an eye out

Thanks for this, ill keep an eye out, is there a central monitoring organization that has got their eye n this too? If not it could be a good idea to fire off a report to them with the AV message in it too so they can warn others.

the 3rd link of the virus. Is this file a virus or any file chosen?

That is a Hacking attempt to inject a script for XSS, or something, included as a reminder that nothing is safe.

it could be a good idea to fire off a report to them with the AV message in it too so they can warn others.

Done. The Anti virus I use is NOD-32. Supposed to be pretty good stuff. I have sent all the information I had to their Lab, as suggested. Actually, they have an Early Detection Program that does it automagically for you, in order to include the 'item' into their thrice daily updates.

Woooow! a new brother to the trojan/virus family. Hmm ..... I gotta be careful of the links I click on these days. And that reminds me of a link that appeared through a friend's MSN messenger to mine which invites me to view her holiday picks. Immediately I clicked on this link, my antivirusb Bitdefender internet security 2008 immediately complained. And from then henceforth, my computer was never the same.Finally, I had to reformat in order to terminate the threat.People should be careful of what they click on these days.

And that reminds me of a link that appeared through a friend's MSN messenger to mine which invites me to view her holiday picks.

One of my contacts sent me a similar message but i didnt click it as it was out of character for that person and after a little research i fund out it was malicious, bad times.

I have sent all the information I had to their Lab, as suggested. Actually, they have an Early Detection Program that does it automagically for you

Ah good good, the more eyes on a threat the more people can avoid it until we can be sure that every AV has been notified and updated, i pity the fools without AV and firewalls!

Thanks for this, hopefully it will help keep this from spreading too far. Too bad people feel the need to make viruses in the first place though, it's just unneeded destruction that nobody wants. What I would like to know though, is how the programmers make these viruses without infecting their own computers.... hmmm, well, thanks for the warning!

Whoah, Didn't know about any of these I hope my all my virus Software updates to include these new additions to the family.

Thanks for posting this jlhaslip! I would have easily clicked it from curiousity.., lol. :) I will tell all of my friends and people I know online, and since I know its not a fake like the other so called "Life is Beatiful" Virus, I can provide them with this proof that it is not a fake. :D

Also, I have a question I could not find the answer to in your first post (Did not check the others thoroughly) -- Do you know what these Viruse(s) do exactly? :P

Thanks again! :D

- kab012345

Edited by kab012345 (see edit history)

Darn, I dont use an antivirus =(, well yeah, avgfree but not nod3d. Guess I will be careful when i navigate, or maybe I will get nod32 soon.

Darn, I dont use an antivirus =(, well yeah, avgfree but not nod3d. Guess I will be careful when i navigate, or maybe I will get nod32 soon.

I purchased mine from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

1 year $40 (I think) and renewals are only $30/year(if I remember correctly)

Thanks for finding this, jlhaslip! Fortunately I am a careful internet user and only visit websites I know I can trust. Plus I have Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Programs that run Resident Shields, so I'm always informed if something I'm about to open, download or visit is malicious...But I will make sure everyone I know is aware of this.

Well, traditionally, I try to keep an eye on what links I click... And when I see a link that looks like xguxhjhd.za I won't click it... Who in the sane mind would give such a name to a domain...I avoid .ru, .nu, and similar sites, just to be on the safe side... Or rather... I avoided them while I was on windows... Ever since I moved to Linux, I don't have such problems as spyware, viruses, and such...Generaly, what one would have to have is a good firewall (and by good I mean exclusively AtGuard firewall; the one that doesn't try to guess what you want, it simply deos what you tell him), a good decent antivirus, with fresh definitions, and good bloodhound and heuristics technology.... AVG was doing a great job for me, so I'd recommend it...Also, avoid IE in all it's skins, inlcuding ports of IE, like Maxton and others, that use IE engine... Use Opera or Firefox, as they are much more secure than IE, and not so much scceptible to spyware (but they're not immune either)... Those of you who use e-banking that requires IE, should use IE only to perform e-banking, and nothing more...