xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blood618^_^

Virus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices) Heres a Tip

I found another way of removing these pen drive trojans. Take any live Linux distro. Run it and plug your pen drive after you've booted into the linux. Find any unnecessary files .exe and .vbs and delete them. Most of trojan exe's are generally under 1 MB :)Though ppl will find it difficult if they have a complex directory structure on their pen drive but this works 100%. Also the Autorun wont work properly in Linux. Since it will try to call an EXE which will not execute.Hope this helps .. Happy Hunting

I have been experiencing this problem lately. When I opened my flashdisk, every files are ok, then the window refreshed and the files' icon changed and they became application files. I cant access my files anymore. How can I solve this problem. Is it a virus or what? is their a way to have my file return to what they should be?-reply by Nymp

Recycler & System Volume Folders

Virus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I used to get RECYCLER & SYSTEM VOLUME FOLDER on my External Hard Disk, Pen Drive & on Flash Drive also. Each time I deleted them but they came back again. Is this virus? If yes then why Norton & AVG Antivirus don't detect them???

One thing more, When I insert my pen drive then I m not be able to open or explore. I have to use the "search" option by right click and then I used to type the file name.

I don't don't know, How to solve the prob.?

Please Help. Thnxx

-feedback by sound.Sfm

virus make me crazyVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I have a one flash dr ive which included more important files.Now it effect a virus it name is global exe.It is not stopping and continuesly spreading.So would you please guied me how to remove them from my flash memo without deleting files.

autorun.infVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I have tried the procedures.. Follow every steps, but still my flash drive have its auto run.. And when I paste the autorun.Inf there is no message that says to replace it.. Is it just fine or is there something wrong???

-question by zephyrKeywords:

Concerning RECYCLER folderVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I get this when confirming deletion:  You "The file 'Desktop.Ini' is a system file.  If you remove it, your computer or one of your programs may no longer work correctly..."  I'm hesistant to delete this...

I also can't see any steps to remove the virus worm from the system itself (not only the USB).  The worm infects other USBs through the computer.  Although it may be removed from the USB, the computer the flash drive was plugged into, still has the virus and will infect any other USB that is plugged into it.

how to bring back yor lost filesVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

Got START then click run. IN the run dialog box type cmd. A command prompt will show. Type attrib followed by the path of your pendrive and *.* then /s /d -h -s

note the spaces between attrib and the path and between  /s /d -h -s

eg:

attrib H:*.* /s /d -h -s

-reply by Junaid

Memory Card ErrorVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

My memory card last night stopped working. It reads Card error everytime I turn on my camera. When I put the memory card into the computer, it says I need to reformat the disk. Is there any way to save the files on the memory drive, before I format it? I cant even open the memory card on my computer without it saying I need to format it.

Files not showing but the memory size is as is the last time I used it.Virus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

Can someone help me out..?

My best friend went to a computer shop and have the memory card checked. A virus has been detected - an "autorun" virus - and the attendant deleted it.

I assumed that it was the reason why files are not showing up. Is there any way I can get back the files? I can't reformat it 'coz my thesis is saved there T_T

-reply by Timie

RecyclerVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I've already had Recycler (straight from a crap system to my USB) which I've eradicated from the drive using Sophos and Spyware Doc. The issue now is that when I open the docs on the flash they duplicate, despite the exe program for Recycler being deleted and removed. What I want is to be able to access the files on the flash drive without it becoming a liability in terms of reinstalling...Since I've removed the cause can anyone tell me why I'm still seeing the symptoms? Does the viral perpetuate in the doc? What did I miss? For this system, I'm running Vista on a bog standard Dell..For the rest, long live Linux..

-reply by FlashBack*

RecyclerVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I've already had Recycler (straight from a crap system to my USB) which I've eradicated from the drive using Sophos and Spyware Doc. The issue now is that when I open the docs on the flash they duplicate, despite the exe program for Recycler being deleted and removed. What I want is to be able to access the files on the flash drive without it becoming a liability in terms of reinstalling...Since I've removed the cause can anyone tell me why I'm still seeing the symptoms? Does the viral perpetuate in the doc? What did I miss? For this system, I'm running Vista on a bog standard Dell..For the rest, long live Linux..</ 

-reply by FlashBack

External Disk problemVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I have a problem with my USB too. Avira anitvirus located and deleted it but since then my external storage device cant open. When I try to open it from My Computer it tells me to select program to open file. If I remove the USB cable and re-enter it founds the new device and I am able to open it from autorun. The trojan was TR/Spy.105472.F and some other similar named files. What can I do to make my external disk run like before? No files seem to be damaged just cant open the external disk properly

-question by Peter

Reply to LanceVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

Good Morning:I have a problem with a virus in my flash USB Kingston.I have a virus in autorun.Inf and create another archive named Lio.VbsAnd when I delete manually the virus and put the another autorun.Inf toReplace it, the virus is recover again and replace my archive ofAutorun.Inf and create again Lio.Vbs. How I can do to prevent that theVirus come again and infect my drive?.Another thing, autorunAnd Lio appear has hidden, Read - Only and Archive and I cannot removeHidden because the option has disabled.Thanks for the answer from antelation and excuse my english, if are something wrong.Lance.

hey Lance, all you have to do is run an antivirus to delete the virus from your computer. Then create 'autorun.Inf' and 'Lio.Vbs' in your drive (using notepad), and be sure to mark them as "Read-Only". Then your USB should be safe :)

-reply by Firzen

formatting removable disk with raw fileVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

Dear ,

how to format my removable disk with raw file?

when I format my removable disk by right click , windows send to me this message :

windows was unable format disk

please resolve my problem ;

thanks.

sasan

-question by sasan