xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blood618^_^

Virus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices) Heres a Tip

i have problem in my usb stickVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I don't know wots the problem wid my stick I copied data from one pc which is completely protected and as I plugged my flash stick in my PC all files got currupt and I don't which format is this language of the files got changed and aloso file type is changed Please tell me wots going on wid my flash drive

-reply by naeem

Possible fix to USB virus infected flashdrivesVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

First of you should all ask yourself HOW did my machine/USB drive get infected?

Answer is almost always a combination of (A) I inserted it into another infected computer and (B) both this other computer and mine have AUTOPLAY turned on.  

What is AUTOPLAY you may ask.  This was designed for people too slow to actually find and launch new CD's when inserted into their PC and to cut down on support calls where they had to help people to find and open their CD drive and click setup.Exe because it was a task too complex they invented AUTOPLAY.

Save these following commands into a text file and name it with the extension BAT or CMD then run this command batch to TURN OFF that cursed AUTOPLAY on most windows computers will stop them from self-infecting from virus laden CD's and USB Flash drives.  Yes we have this power!  It is only two lines and the second line is EXIT so if the first line gets split make sure it is all on one line in notepad or something.

REG ADD "HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesShellHWDetection" /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 0x4 /f

EXIT

OK next step is formatting the USB drive to get rid of the virus.  Well once you run antivirus to ensure your computer is not infected and you are able to insert the USB drive without it RUNNING anything - you should be able to format the drive.  

Most people having issues with not being able to format the USB drive are having these problems because the drive is RUNNING their angry little virus AGAIN.

Format Pendrive or USB drive in NTFS Format and Protect against Viruses from Entering your Pendrive

NTFS file format offers more security and speed compared with the other file system?s like FAT or FAT32. When you want to format a Pen drive or USB drive in NTFS file system Format actually you will not see any option in Windows by default to do it. When you right click on the Pen drive?s icon and choose format option you will get only two options FAT and FAT32 to format the pendrive. So you can format your USB drive in those two formats only. So here is a way to format you Pendrive in NTFS file system format.

The best advantage of NTFS file system format is that data can be written to the pendrive only using our system I.E. By your pc only (the data is secure). So when we plug on to other system they can only read the drive and cant write to it since the pendrive is in NTFS file format. So we don?t need to fear any virus from entering our pendrive.

(mixed reviews of this claim FAT systems are indeed targeted by more viruses but NTFS should be supported by most systems and should not be read only -  many argue infected files can still be copied onto the drive if the host system does not have anti-virus running - just FYI)

Here?s how to do it.

Plug the USB drive or Pendrive to your PC.

Now right click on MY Computer in Desktop and select Device Manager.

Select Disk Drive and Expand it (+) and you can see your drive.

Now right click on it and select Properties and go to the Policies Tab.

Now activate the option showing Optimize For Performance and press OK.

This will enable the pendrive to be used in NTFS file format. From now on you will get the option to format your Pendrive or USB drive in NTFS file format.

You will also notice a speed increase in writing and reading data with your pendrive, this is because the pendrive or USB drive is now optimized for performance mode.

Good luck and happy computing.

-Rayford.
-reply by george

Autorun.infVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

If a  burger like you can tell everyone to save a file as autorun.Inf and it will stop the virus, you are right it will stop only once,

Then it will completely replace your autorun file in 3 seconds or on refresh

-reply by Pramod

My usb cant be read Virus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

hi,

2days ago I used mu usb to tranfer data but data copy process was intrupped by an error and then my usb

was not usable it was converted into another hardware but orginal drivers database on usb isnt damaged

when plug in it into my pc then it shows removable media and I cant open it t shows that not inserted

please tell me how to resolve this

thanks

-reply by Arsal Shaikh

flash diskVirus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

Hi everybody!

My windows XP attack with an unknown virus.

Now, when I try to copy a file to my flash disk it says: "cannot copy x: cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name."

I checked my system with several anti viruses and they didn't show any virus

I think one of my system files is infected but I don't know which.

can any body help me?

thnx.