xisto Community
varalu

New From Microsoft Live Labs.... New Technologies from the giant.

Here are some of the new technologies coming up from Microsoft Desk... Pretty amazing stuffs which brings about change in how we look and do computations.... Haven't personally tried any of these products... But was able to go thru some of the reviews and user experience. Though some of them are not really very much satisfied with them, they very much agree that its just the beginning and there is a long way to go...

Here are the list of Products....

1. Photosynth - This is something which many people looked for... It does comaprison of photos and enables people to view a particular object or place in all angles... To be precise it enables to view pictures in 3 dimensional space.

Here is the link for you to experience -- Photosynth

2. Deepfish - This is a new web-browser from microsoft to be used in mobile phones..This is highly interative and has many more advantages.. Deepfish is here for you to try.

3. Seadragon - This is really an amazing technology and iam leaving it to you to try.... Here is the site -- Seadragon

post-50968-1191854810_thumb.jpg --- post-50968-1191854819_thumb.jpg --- post-50968-1191854826_thumb.jpg

Below is the projects page in microsoft live labs.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by varalu (see edit history)

all these are not new technologies, they've been around for more than a year. these are prototypes and not final products. Microsoft works on a lot such projects and many are included in their products or OS or just dropped. :)

Yes none of this technologies in fact is not brand new and it doesn't represent anything new nor it proves new concept or anything to be called new. And there already exist many such programs. And in fact they are maybe even better then these presented here. However I think that by expanding their offer of products programs software gadgets and so on. Microsoft is actually trying to keep uyp with google which has less employees then Microsoft but it is in fact bringin more products to the market. So you see. It is important for Microsoft to keep it up. Otherwise they might just lose step with oders also important thing is that microsoft restructures because it has become so much ineffective. Also one more thing to point out is that new leadership of microsoft is making new changes after Bill Gates left.

I have seen these technologies before when i signed up for a microsoft service in beta. If i am correct, it's a mashups community where you'd need silverlight to use it. It's browser-based technology, just like yahoo pipes(line)? Hmm, microsoft is drifting away from it's roots as maintaining windows' quality. Secondly, they are spending too much resources on what they shouldn't!

I have seen these technologies before when i signed up for a microsoft service in beta. If i am correct, it's a mashups community where you'd need silverlight to use it. It's browser-based technology, just like yahoo pipes(line)? Hmm, microsoft is drifting away from it's roots as maintaining windows' quality. Secondly, they are spending too much resources on what they shouldn't!

I wouldnćt really agree with you because of few resouns. First of them is that any serious company to survive must expand and Microsoft is doing just that. Like Google and Yahoo and many other companies. Also Silverlight is very good technology and it is nothing different though many people speak against it why don't they also speak against flash java and other web technologies. Though some of them are now used also in other fields of computer science it is important that they expand in other fields also.

And secondly I would like to point out that Microsoft is playing good guy in the last few months and linux community had some really bad answers on their behalf and reasons for this just playing stupid out of themsselves. Also it proved that their hatred against Microsoft is not just because software. Which many of them will not admit.

Also to conclude I would like to point out that Microsoft's idea are in fact moving computer science world and many of the ideas you are acustomed today and aare using them are in fact firstly worked out in Microsoft's labs and then some other ocmpanies decided to work it out also. So you see. Microsoft doesn't just sell final products but it sells also ideas which is more important.

All of those products look very good. They all have multiple uses and if they are furthered then there is real potential for them. I'm especially impressed with Photosynth. It reminds me a bit of Sketchup, but more image oriented rather than design.

Wow, deepfish looks like it will be quite good.Although a lot of the descriptions were fairly vauge..although all three of them look like they will be quite nice interfaces...cool thread