xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Nereviar

Is Animal Blood Drinkable? And why is raw meat now bad for us?

It isn't actually entirely the bacteria that would be the problem when eating raw meat. There are some internal parasites, especially in pork that can infect humans if ingested. Heating kills the parasites and their eggs. Now personally I love a good rare steak. There are people who can't even bear to watch me eat if the steak is cooked the way I like it. Since I'm pretty old, it's probably a safe be that raw meat won't hurt you, or I'd be long gone. Either that or I'm just a tough old bird that can handle it. I would think blood might actually be safer, as the parasites live in muscle tissue, not so much blood, but I could be wrong.

I eat raw bloodIs Animal Blood Drinkable?

I know this is a very old discussion, but I came across it tonight and wanted to add my comments. I personally eat raw pork blood in solid form.

I get the blood fresh from the slaughterhouse and immediately add salt to it, then mix it thoroughly. Adding the salt prevents the blood from sticking together and keeps it in liquid form until I'm ready to prepare the blood for consumption.

Once I'm home and ready to prepare, I take about one cup of the blood and mix it with various seasonings and spices and a pound of ground pork that is fried completely dry and hardened. From here, I add water to dilute the salt in the blood. Once the salt is diluted enough, the blood becomes solid. This is what I eat. The blood is completely raw.

This isn't a ritual or any belief. It's an acquired taste and I love it. But lately, I'm beginning to worry about the risks of eating raw blood and perhaps it's best to stop. I'm a healthy person, good teeth, normal blood pressure and no diseases. I've been eating this dish for about 10 years, about once a month.

I like to eat my steak rare too. When going to a restaurant, I ask them to make it as rare as legally possible for them to prepare it. At home, I just drop it on the grill for about 2 minutes on each side. I dip it in a homemade pepper sauce. I don't like it with bbq sauce or steak sauce.

-reply by Neosum

Depends on the animal. Deer blood is actually very good, full of iron and protien. But like a bear or something, I would not sugest that, you may get ill.

Me and my family are veary fond of raw meet. Me and my mum, when we are making a disch whit minced meat we always eat some of it raw cus we like the taste of it. But we only eat the minced meat if it's from cow or from moose not when the meat is from pigg cuz that is much more likely to contain bad bakteria.I love raw meat, I love the blood and i love the soft and tender consistency of it!I'm a predator!

[its so that if u are stuck somewhere without food or water and you happen to spot an animal, you can kill it and drink its blood for vitamins and minerals, i would suggest boiling it before consumption to get rid of germs/bacteria. its been done by soldiers and martials artists for centuries, and trust me they still do it.but drinking too much of it will give ur body an imbalance if iron, and thats bad cause iron affects ur libido.

well you could drink pigs blood, or a few other blood of animals just heat it up and you should be able to drink it i don't know why you would but you can.