xisto Community
flash4satheesh

Desktop Resolution What desktop resolution are you using?

for me, I'm currently using 1280x800 but there was a time when I had a computer with a 30" screen with a resolution of 2560x1600, it was the best! I can't wait to buy a 30", sadly it was under my control for only 2 days *sob sob* then one of my friend's friend took it since it was his...

i use 1024*768 60Hz resolution. this resolution fits my 16" monitor nicely. i think most of the website today has been designed to fit 1024*768 resolution ("best view on 1024X768 res... ")

I currently only have a laptop and I use it at 1400x900, :rolleyes: I wish I had more ;) I really like a lot of resolution, cant stand just having one window taking up the whole screen :D

It depends which computer i am on. If i am on my one laptop (that acts as a desktop now since the battery died) i run 1920 x 1280. If i am on another desktop of mine, i use 1280 x 1024. And finally if i am on my little versitale laptop that i take every where with me, i am running 1024x768. I refuse to use anything smaller than 1024x768 since i do a lot of coding and the more code i can see, the easier it is to not make mistakes.

I use 1280 x 1024 on my desktop. But it's too bad my 17" LCD monitor does'tlet me go higher. So stoped on this res.This is a shotpost-13683-1196150660_thumb.jpg

Running 1920X1200 here on 24" Widescreen monitor. Can be a little hard on the eyes on time I suppose, but really good for multitasking. Can run multiple spreadsheets, windows, ect. next to each other, so worth it in my opinion.

I'm using 1152x864. It's pretty subjective though. If you're eyes are ok then higher resolution will always be better. Then it also depends on the size of your monitor and how much you want to fit on it!

I am using 1280x800 on my laptop because it's the highest :) I have nVidia geforce go 7600 and I think its becase of the drivers or something, does anyone know how to increase the resolution using a program or diffrent methode ?

I'm using 1280x800 on my laptop, mainly because that is the native resolution for the screen. It's great for watching videos and stuff like that. On some websites though, if they use 100% of the width of the page and a really small font, it can makes the lines ridiculously long.

Posted Image

Screen Resolution & FontsDesktop Resolution

Hello, I have MS so my eyes require a certain view on my computer. I have tried all kinds of settings on the screen resolution and can't get it right. I am not a computer expert by a long shot but am not dumb either. My screen is a 17 inch Dell laptop. Studio. If I get the resolution right for my web pages, then my email (the part that is incoming) is TINY. If I get the email correct, then the desktop doesn't fill the entire part of my screen and looks stupid. I have also messed with the DPI. I just can't get it right and the closest I've come, then everything looks distorted. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can anyone help? Thank you very much!

Victoria

-question by victoria