xisto Community
longtimeago

Sleep Control How to control Sleep ?

The best way I've found to "adjust" a sleeping schedule is to stay up entirely through a night or day or whenever I've actually been sleeping. Then I go to bed the next night at whatever time I think I should go to sleep. I make sure I set an alarm clock the next morning to get up by the time I want to get up. This usually works for me... but I don't really recommend trying to do anything too taxing during that sleep-deprived day. Yeah, you want to keep yourself awake, but you also don't want to do something that you really need FULL concentration for.

How to control Sleep in night shift jobs

Sleep Control

Hi this is karthik 24 male . I got Job in night shift job. But iam getting sleep daily in working hours of night shift. I was sleeping morning 9.30 Am to 3.30pm. So Please give some tips to control my sleeping in my working hours of night shifts

-reply by G Karthik

How to control Sleep in night shift jobs

Sleep Control

Hi this is karthik 24 male . I got Job in night shift job. But iam getting sleep daily in working hours of night shift. I was sleeping morning 9.30 Am to 3.30pm. So Please give some tips to control my sleeping in my working hours of night shifts

-reply by G Karthik

When I worked night shift i found the best way to control sleepiness was to find a nice little quiet spot and have a nap. Be careful to use an alarm and don't get caught-you don't wanna lose your job right.

The best way to not be too tired is to do what you are doing now sleeping 9.30-3.30, but add one hour to this before you start work. So if I started work at 10.30pm I would have a sleep from 9pm -10pm then go to work. This should help. And drink tea and not coffee at night and lots of water.

I am having trouble with my sleep right now. I keep waking up at night and find it hard to return to sleep. I have taken a few natural medicines and they don't seem to do much. I really don't want to take meds as they are addictive. It's getting to be a pain though-suggestions welcome.

KJ

Hi , i am 19 male and i have a real problem regarding my sleep timings, I wanna know actually how many hours in a day can a teenager sleep ?
Moreover i wanna know the timings for the best sleep.I go to bed at 1:30 late night and get up at 7:30 . this is my routine ,

But the problem now is that during the day time almost all the time i feel sleepy, that too especially when i travell outside in bus or some means i feel very sleepy,

Please tell me how to sleep Less ,so that i may work more.

Suggestion are welcomed !!!

just ty to sleep before 10.30 because a normal teenager have to sleep atleast 8 hours a day if don in future it may cause many problems even its let some people to death i got this msg from from our family docktor live ur life safe n clear bye

sleeping enough is very important but i never sleep enough there is many reasons for this but the most important reason is that i have much work to do. i have done something that is not the best thing but atleast something better than not sleeping. i sleep about 5hr 5 days a week and in sat and sun i sleep 11 hrs and by this way i increase the average sleep time of mine. but this is not good because i'm sleepy in that 5 days and my strength decreases so i'm trying to sleep more during the week but it's very hard.

Its hard to sleep when you have a busy life. I am in college now, and some nights I stay up in order to get homework done or study for a test coming up the next day. Some people can't get 8 hours of sleep a day. I am lucky if I get more than 5 hours on some nights. Lets not even talk about people who are in law school, and have to read a hundred pages in a single night. You may go through law school on 5-hour energies. Those who work and go to college full time, I don't see how they do it. I would recommend at least 7 hours of sleep each day. If you have to go to a class or work at 7am, then you need to go to bed at 11pm. This means that you will get 7 hours of sleep if you wake up at 6am, and you will have an hour get ready and get to work. Some people need more than an hour to get ready and get to work, and some need less. If you job is far away, obviously, you need to get up earlier. If you take an hour just to get ready, then the same applies...get up earlier. I think it is all about being organized and knowing how much sleep you need to be comfortable the next day. I can sleep for less than 5 hours, and get through the day without a problem. I can sleep for 2 or 3 hours, and get through all my class, but I will need a nap before the sunset. If I want complete comfort and a good night sleep, then I need at least 7 or 8 hours. It all depends on you. I suggest starting at 7 hours, and see how you feel in the morning. If you don't feel too good, add another hour the next night. If you feel good, take an hour away the next night. You will eventually find out how much sleep you are comfortable with. If you can't go to sleep at night, that tells you that you need to start going to sleep at a later time, or use more energy during the day.

Now you guys are going back in time and bringing back those lost topics...i guess the person who asked the questions..now is sleeping well :D after 3 years

Hi , i am 19 male and i have a real problem regarding my sleep timings, I wanna know actually how many hours in a day can a teenager sleep ?

Moreover i wanna know the timings for the best sleep.I go to bed at 1:30 late night and get up at 7:30 . this is my routine ,

But the problem now is that during the day time almost all the time i feel sleepy, that too especially when i travell outside in bus or some means i feel very sleepy,

Please tell me how to sleep Less ,so that i may work more.

Suggestion are welcomed !!!

My dear friend as you said said that u sleep at 1:30 late night and get up at 7:30 . this is 6 hrs sleep which is not good for healthe so i suggest you to sleep minimum of 12 to 14 hrs a day.. So that when you wake up you will not be sleepy and will be active all the day............ Nastyz