xisto Community
shiyutang

Can I Host A Chinese Site Here?

Hi everyone,I have a question. Can I host a Chinese site on Xisto.com?I previously put my site on kwix-host.com. But after 6 months, kwix-host.com deleted my site without warning. They said hosting any site in langueges other than English is forbidden. But I carefully check that when I registed, there is no language limition. They added this limition after my register. But they haven't even send me an email. So, I have lost more than 100 articles I had written during this 6 months. Thanks to Google cache, I have found and backed up about 70 articles.So this time I have to ask you this question. Can I host a Chinese site on DogGunn.com? Can you confirm you won't delete my site like kwix-host.com again?

I have the same question.
I want to setup a cms here,but i don't know how to make credits?

I come from China, hunan.

As far as i know, the only limitation to languages are those that actually exist

As for credits, just post quality posts here in the forum, gather 30 of them then request a hosting account, through this thread

Free Web Hosting Account request

and start having fun

From the Terms of Service as found by reading the Xisto Readme file:

TERMS OF SERVICE RELATED TO WEB HOSTING( applicable to Web Hosting Account holders)

All websites must be in English to qualify for free hosting. We do this to ensure that Accounts are legal and have permissable contents.

We may remove any material that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal or may subject us to liability.

Once you have an English web-site, feel free to enhance it with a translated version, but the requirement to provide your site in English is enforced. Providing the site with a language system is recommended in this case, but English should be available in order that there is a version which the Moderators and Admins can inspect.

Web sites which violate this English Language requirement will be deleted from the server. No questions asked.

Hi Chinese guys..I'm from Slovakia and I'm hosting my site here and as you can see it is still working without any problems. Why? Because I know English (not good but I'm still learning). You just can write some longer post one a day and you will have no problem with hosting here..But if you don't know English then you are in trouble and I think you will not make credits so easy..

Like haslip mention as long as you have one page or if you want, a English version of your site that you can host here. Usually the index page has to be in English and after that everything else can be in your language, just as long as you follow the rules on legal and illegal content that can be hosting through this domain.

Or I'd suggest hosting 2 versions, your local language, and a English one. Since this is a active forum, many readers will at some stage going to visit your site for whatever reasons. Varying from whatever the subject of the site is, to curiousity.

I think to allow site in Chinese be hosted is not a good idea.As I know, most of free hosting is denied by the Great FireWall and can't be visit in China. The reason is that the Chinese GFW is sensitive to Chinese content, anything what GFW think is not good will be simply banned. GFW ban IPs these site hosted.So. If you want Xisto will keep on be visited in China, you'd better not allow site in Chinese.

Ah,Just what i thought someone might have asked. Well as you know there are many sites that have 2 versions of their site one in english and one with the preferred language. You can make your homepage in chineese. But there must be a link of the english version of the site ( it is a must ). So i hope you understood and continue to post on Xisto and get what you want.For more information on anything you might need help with please PM me.

i am also wondering about this one, but a website with both english and another language but the other language is the index but you can change it via button, is this allowed?

As long as that that button goes to an english page and talks about what your site is about then that is fine.