xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ariel

Software To Restore Data

Somebody knows software good to restore data. Yesterday one of my disc crash B) and i have information that i want to restore...Someone knows any program to do this??

Prevention is better than cure, so try to back-up your valuable data B) As for your question, there's lots out there, depending on the exact problem. If you just want to restore your PC into an earlier configuration, then Norton GoBack 3.0 is one option. In WinXP, you can do this easily without having to buy extra programs.If you just want to recover data, recovery softwares like MagicRecovery and DiskmasterPro are good.

Thanks! and you say its true!!! but...i always says...i have to do a backup, ok...i do tomorrow! today...i learn!!! hahai try to download this programs...thanks!

Windows XP has its own system restore which can help restore your computer to an earlier state. Its quite sufficent for basic restoration and its turned on by default. You should try it first before attempting to buy commercial programs to help you.-Shackman

Ariel i suggest you use EasyRecovery Professional. It has 6 diferrent modes of data recovery. If you have any deep knowledge about hardware and file extension and Signatures of files you ca use its advance mode with over 80 percent of recovering your data.

There is also a GoBack program from another company which is quite good, although i've forgotten which company it was (It definitely wasn't Norton though).Maybe system restore would work for you? Although I reckon it probably wouldn't work, as i'm not sure it undoes deleted files. It might do though (This program is pre-installed on windows Me, 2000 and XP i believe).

Most of the programs, like those recommended by some posters here, will not work for your case as you've not installed the software before your hard disc crashed. These software are meant to be installed to track your last good configurations and backs them up for you automatically everytime you shut your computer down. If any problem occurs, you can then use the program to recover your last good configurations from the backup archive done by the software.Of course, some software are able to recover data before it's installation date. However you should use the feature with care as it may cause more damage and makes data unrecoverable.

There is software out there to restore disks, but they rarely work and usually make the problem worse. This happened to me and I used drivesavers.com and they sent me all of the data on DVDs. If you want drive recovery from a company, here are some of my favorites.

well,refering to disk restore,Norton Ghost must be the first place.it is very powerful to do any job about disk.remend you to try that...and try the dos mode version which is fast and easy to restore.good luck.

Reminds me what recently happened to my 80GB external drive... I had a major crash and I've been painstakenly reconstructing the entire drive by hand as nothing else has been able to recover it. Fortunately, the drive was mostly defragged but I know that I'm going to end up with a massive amount of data loss. Backup? Sure, but this drive was my storage for backedup and original data. I ran out of blank DVDs before I was able to copy everything. The best thing is to have multiple backups of everything as not all backups remain uncorrupt. Prevention is better than any cure...