xisto Community
petsecia

What Are Your Favorites Dog Breed?

I love all dogs, but my favorite breeds are poodle (ok, my dogs are poodles, so I have to put their breed first), maltese, golden retriever, yorshire, labrador retriever, border collie.And you what are your favorite breed?

I'm not really a dog enthusiast (and I don't own any dogs myself), but if I were able to purchase a dog, I would probably pick one of the following breeds: Siberian Husky, German Shepherd, Akita. Then again, the Scottish Terrier is pretty cool in its own little way as well.

Siberian husky is very nice but as I got cats it's not an option for me. :)(Scottish terrier are cute but tehy're terriers.. hehehe... To much energy for me. I have a friend tha breeds scottishs terriers.

I love pugs and sharpei and bulldogs. They rock, friggin' little monsters... Lol. I dont know why but I think they look really cute and they dont grow really big like other dogs.

I'll bet you think I'm going to say Sheepdog! Of the large breeds, they would be on top of my list. But for a small dog, in the house, nothing beats a mini schnauzer. They are smart, loving, and don't shed. I also actually like all 3 sizes of schnauzers, the mini's, standards, and Giants. I had a standard for several years as my house dog, and there was never a more loyal and devoted dog. She traveled everywhere with me and was so smart I could talk to her in full sentences and she certainly seemed to understand ever word I said.

Well I'd have to go with the two breeds I own - rottweiler and bulldog. The rottweiler, in particular, is very affectionate, loyal, highly intelligent and very people-orientated. My bulldog is also quite typical of the breed - being a proper family dog while at the same time quite stubborn. I honestly couldn't do without either of them.

My favorite type of dog is the sheltie. My aunt has always had 4 to 6 of them since she trains them and competes with them in agility competitions. When i was really young, one of her dogs was very very loving and even let me it as a pillow for hours on end and it would not move. Since that time, i have always had a place for these types of dogs. My mom is actually allergic to them so i have never had one. Now that I am about to graduate college and move onto my own, i do not know if i will get one just because i spend lots of time with my family. However, if i were to get a pet, it would be a sheltie.

My favorite is a Gordon Setter. Ours is a great family dog. We've had a lot of dogs over the years. Most were strays that we adopted. Ranger is the smartest and best dog of the lot. He loves to play games, learn tricks, play with kids, chase golf balls and talk. He does a lot of talking. At 80 pounds he isn't a small package, but there is just that much more to love! He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He is great with the cats.

Here's a picture from a couple years ago.

Posted Image

He's 12 now. Just had cataract surgery and ready to start all over again. His favorite thing are Barneys--stuffed animals of the purple dinosaur persuasion. He loves to carry one around. Every now and then he gets the idea he just has to go bury one. We always find them in the funniest places. If you want to see a video of him there is one on youtube.com.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I love so many kinds. I am a fan more so of small dogs, and love Papillons, mini pinchers, poodles, and any kind of terrier. For big dogs I am a bit pickier. I love golden retrievers and huskies--they are so beautiful. I like chocolate labs but not yellow labs. Black labs are okay. Really, I like mutts best of all. They can be so cute, and they range in size. Medium-sized dogs are a perfect compromise, and most of these are mutts. You can get the most unique looking dogs out of a mix, and I love dogs that are unique and adorable.

I love all dogs

I feel the same way about the human species, but that doesn't mean I want to take long, intimate showers with the lot of 'em (isn't that something Jack Nicolson said?). Yes, I will extend the branch of humanitarian compassion to all dogs - but don't expect my blind reverence to those annoying little yappers that grace the laps of little old ladies and smell of Depends. I tend to favor the larger breeds for their ability to fend off coyotes and intimidate stupid people. I recall an incident with my beloved Helga (God rest her soul) that involved an individual who harbored irrational fear of dogs - especially big ones. In other words, he was stupid. Helga was a gentle creature who wouldn't harm a maggot, but when this person reach out his hand to her in feigned friendship, Helga lunged forth at the quaking idiot with ferocious abandon and a wanton lust for blood not seen since Vlad the Impaler's illustrious reign. Apparently, she sensed both his fear and insincerity. Helga was a Rottweiler, the king of canines. I am fond of the breed for several reasons, not the least of which a history rooted in calm servitude and protection to their human masters that traces it's history to the Roman empire. In more recent times, they have taken on the role of guard dog and companion. I believe it this combination of appearance and temperment that draws me to the beautiful breed. I am partial to gargoyles, black hair, dark eyes, imposing features, and a quality more comfortable in quiet repose than frivolous activity. Enter the stoic Rottweiler.

I am mad about dogs... so you name a dog and i like it... But i do not like skinny dogs.. i mean not so healthy or the breed that looks no healthy.So here are my Favorite breeds...1. German shepherd2. Beagle3. Labrador4. Dalmatian5. Australian shepherd6. Golden retrieverI might have missed a few... but generally i like dogs.I like strong and good looking mountain dogs.... :lol:And my next choices... Pug... boxer.. all retrievers..