xisto Community
petsecia

What Are Your Favorites Dog Breed?

My favourite dog breed is definitely rottweiler. My sister has a beautiful one, (though she is kind of crazy and eats the floor, shoes +...) it is like my family's dog. My dad also had one before he met my mom. I like big dogs, dogs that are active and would enjoy a trip in the woods, or a long walk at the mountains.

I personally own two adopted stray dogs but generally I cannot pick a favorite breed but there are a few that I can't help admire or fawn over... to name a few

Tibetan Mastiff :- These guys are MAGNIFICENT!!! So huge, humble yet so royal, they look like roaring lions as adults but so damn cute as puppies.

Corgi :- SO CUTE!!!! Nothing can take away cuteness from these guys.. Not to mention the fact that they are energetic yet easy to manage, I plan on getting one in the future.

Bernese Mountain Dog :- Another majestic yet humble breed.. Great for families

Akita Inu :- The ultimate family dog!

Alaskan Malamute:- Needs no description, they are amazing :D

Even though I have a mixed black Schnauzer with a long hair and really love him, I like a husky dog breed.Whenever I see a Siberian Husky, I really like it, it's an amazing look having dog, the blue eyes, the fur :D But it needs to run a lot everyday, so it's not so easy to have a dog like that.

I too love all dogs, but my favourite list looks like this:

Alsatians (also known as German shepherds, however, they have messed around so much with this breed certain problems may arise with them.

Saint Bernards, beautiful and loyal dogs.

Labradors, I own eleven of them at the moment, but that will be reduced to three. :)

Huskies and Malamuts.

West Highland terriers.

Poodles.

The list is not in a particular order, and some breeds might be missing, it is just to give an idea about the dogs I like, but, as I said earlier, I like any dog, really.

After all, are dogs not known as man's best friend?

Alsatians (also known as German shepherds, however, they have messed around so much with this breed certain problems may arise with them.

Saint Bernards, beautiful and loyal dogs.

Labradors, I own eleven of them at the moment, but that will be reduced to three. :)

Huskies and Malamuts.

West Highland terriers.

Poodles.

Nobles beasts, Alsatians.. I had one growing up.. He was a magnificent creature, the breed always reminds me of a horse due to their demeanor, very loyal breed and the perfect companion breed. I miss my old boy :( Belgian Shepherds are equally very gorgeous and wonderful, I have had the pleasure of working with many shepherd dogs but some of them through ill treatment had all the bad signs psychologically and physiologically. West Highland terriers are super adorable but there are some as notorious as a dachshund, they can be snappy around children or overprotective.I can't begin to tell the number of times I have been carted away by Bernards & Labradors in the clinic, such lovable doggies.... I have seen a few poodles but never interacted with them...

I have a Shih Tzu. He's been with us for more than three years. :) Shih Tzu is one of my favorite breeds and the others being:

Japanese Spitz

Akita

Pomeranian

Golden Retriever

Shetland Sheepdog

German Shepherd

Edited by xChellesei (see edit history)

Well, in the mean time, there has been some change there.

The eleven labradors did not get reduced to three, but rather to four.

Also, (don't know what happened to my mathematics ability) there were not eleven, but ten labradors, namely, the father and mother and eight puppies.

The excuse for the confusion might of course be that I owned eleven dogs in total, as said above, and our other, non-labrador dog, our trusty sixteen-year old Mozart.

Anyway, coming back to the subject of the four dogs, we kept a chocolate labrador, a boy we called Gaston, and a golden one, amother boy which we called Marley.

So, with the parents Dido and Lucky, we now have four Labradors, and, add to that our Mozart, that means we have a total of five dogs.

For completeness' sake, let me add that Mozart is a cross-breed dog, who seems to have some Staff inside his bloodline.

Add to that the four cats we have too, and our zoo is complete.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)