xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
A1.G

Movie Release Date Other countries get to watch firstSo Unfair

The most thing that i ever hate is movie release date, i am very looking forward watching Naruto shippuden movie in Australia but the movie only release in Japan and i need to wait till next year for the DVD.Most of the blockbuster movie are release earlier in some countries such as Japan.It is so unfair.Ds,PsP and other eletronic gagdet are release earlier in Japan than Australia and America.Even some games are release earlier.We need to wait for weeks maybe months just to get it.I don't hate Japan but come on,they should at least release their product to other countries as fast as they can.While they watching and playing newest movie and games, we are sitting here and get bored.Be fair!!

I understand your concern. It's really unfair but I guess, the other countries where the "latests" are released serves as a testing ground. Example of which is the Beta test of Stracraft 2. It was only held in Korea. Lucky Koreans! I'm not sure of the reasons companies are doing that but it's unfair. Marketing strategy, perhaps. To force consumers outside the territory of released to order the product online. They're slowly converting the market into an online Agora. It's really frustrating. As for the Naruto movie releases, same goes here. It wasn't even released in my country. Good to have the fansubs available online. This goes to other animes. We always end up with fansubs instead of the real deal. Maybe it takes time to process franchise or licensing. I don't know. Other holywood movies, though, are released in time here. Always the same, or a week or 2 off, as the worldwide premier. And just a $1.00 per ticket. LoL

You have to remember though, that it there is a thing called a language, and it takes time to find the right actors, converting one language to several others, finding a distributor and other stuff. Heck look at the U.S. sometimes it takes years for new stuff to come out by us, of course that was back in the day anime was just starting to pick up. It takes time to get all that work down to convert an anime, especially if its a full blown movie as well, so take your time and do what everyone else does (to bad I can't mention it).

i should say this is one of the reasons why piracy is prevalent. :) but **MAINSTREAM** hollywood movies for our side of the world (PH) are always shown "simultaneous" with their original scheduled premiere dates as with the US. come to think of it, since we are ahead of the rest of the world timezone-wise, we get to get our first crack at watching the latest hollywood flicks EVEN BEFORE mainland USA viewers get to watch them... at least the big-budgeted media-hogging movies which the whole world is anticipating for. :Pnot so with other foreign releases though, just like with this naruto film in the case here. SM is right, dubbing japanese text to english for the rest of the world would take some time, and distribution is a major factor too for the wait. and since these take time, nothing to do but wait... or learn the language and go where the movie is showing in its original form.

The most thing that i ever hate is movie release date, i am very looking forward watching Naruto shippuden movie in Australia but the movie only release in Japan and i need to wait till next year for the DVD.Most of the blockbuster movie are release earlier in some countries such as Japan.It is so unfair.Ds,PsP and other eletronic gagdet are release earlier in Japan than Australia and America.Even some games are release earlier.We need to wait for weeks maybe months just to get it.I don't hate Japan but come on,they should at least release their product to other countries as fast as they can.While they watching and playing newest movie and games, we are sitting here and get bored.Be fair!!

isnt the reason that alot of those stuff are realesed earlier in some countries than others is because it's in that country that is was made, manufactered. or that's where the main office is located. i'm not sure but if that's the reason i think it's pretty fair. specially for america they make absolutely nothing so there is very little chance of them having it first, it's always made in japan china or mexico. but i think the system is pretty fair.

Here in Holland, movies also come out a few months after they are released in the US.With some movies, that also bugs me.But I heard that they are planning to work to an international release date, meaning a movie will be released in the whole world on the same date, to opress/avoid piracy. I'm just thinking how hard that would be for those who release movies.

Oh yes I know that. I'm in Germany and some movies take several months to get released here. I remember some Jackie Chan movie that got released about 6 months after I have seen it in South America on VHS o_0

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

It's just the way it is, and like someone above stated they have to make the laguage changes, subtitles and that takes alot of time. so im sure they try to get them out as soon as possible at as manny places as possible.But hey whats the difference your still going to get to see it.