xisto Community
delivi

What's The City You Live In?

Lets start an interesting topic.

post here the name of your City/town, Country, any specialties of the city and the population of your city.

This will help us to learn more about new places on the earth and share the knowledge.

Let me begin with mine.

City : Tuticorin

Specialties : Port City - India's 3rd Largest Container Hub, known as Pearl City, One of the oldest cities in India, former dutch, Portuguese colony.

Population : 600,000

Okay, I'll continue with your topic here.

City : Jakarta

Specialties : Capital city of Indonesia, we have so large of communities here.

Population : (largest in my country-I dunno though)

City : Brezno

Specialties : Brezno is the entry centre into contiguous areas of travel industry and their holiday centres as Tale, Chopok and Certovica offering excellent snow conditions.

Population : Don't know but something about 5000 people here :)

City : Southfield

Specialties :

Southfield, city, Oakland County, southeastern Michigan, on the Rouge River, a suburb of Detroit; incorporated as a city 1958. It is a commercial and office center. Lawrence Institute of Technology (1932) is here. A noted historic district, ?The Burgh,? contains several old buildings and a museum of fire fighting. The city was laid out in 1817 and is thought to have been named for its location in Bloomfield Township, from which it was separated in the early 1830s. :P

Population : The U.S. Census Berau's 2005 Estimate is around 76,818. :)

City : Liverpool

Specialties : Only city in the world to contain two Cathedrals, home of the "Three Graces" The Beatles, and the Second Largest Chinese Arch outside of China, originally one of the worlds most important ports, to be joint European Capital of Culture in 2008. Played a large part in the Triangular Slave Trade. HOME OF THE LAMB BANANA! (Which is REALLY cool.)

Population : At the time of the 2001 census Liverpool's total population was registered at 439,473.

Edited by RAWRzilla (see edit history)

City : Edison

Specialties : Edison was ranked the 28th most livable small city in America by Money Magazine and the 2nd in New Jersey in 2006 in MONEY Magazine's "Best Places To Live"

Population : Est. 99,523 in 2006

I live in a town, the nearest City I live near is the capital of my county (Cheshire), Chester. The next nearest is Liverpool, then Manchester.

Town : Runcorn Country : England Specialties :

Runcorn is an industrial town and cargo port within the borough of Halton in the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England

Population :

In mid-2004 its population was estimated to be 61,252

Wikipedia Page for my town. Some interesting trivia:

Edward John Smith (1850�1912), captain of the Titanic, purchased a retirement home in Higher Runcorn but never lived there because of his death aboard the Titanic. The singer Nicola Roberts (1985� ) from the British girl band, 'Girls Aloud,' also comes from Runcorn.

City : Minneapolis (I actually live in brooklyn park, which is a suburb about 15 minutes away, close enough)Country : United StatesSpecialties : The mall of America is pretty close by downtown. Other than that it is just a nice city to walk around in.Population : about 3.5 million

I don't actually live anywhere near a big city, or a small city for that matter :) The closest I get is a medium sized town.

Town: Aylesbury

Specialities: Used for most of the exterior shots in Judge John Deed, lots of great bands used to play there, and the English Bridge Union is based just outside Tesco.

Population: About 69,000

City Sunshine CoastCountry AustraliaSpecialties Laid Back, nice beaches, reasonable developmentPopulation: Just over 200,000 (all 3 local government areas that form it).

Lets start an interesting topic.

post here the name of your City/town, Country, any specialties of the city and the population of your city.

This will help us to learn more about new places on the earth and share the knowledge....

City : Melbourne

State: Victoria

Population 3.7 Millions.

- Melbourne was first settled by the British in 1835

- Melbourne become the capital of the state of Victoria established as a separate British colony in 1851.

-When the Australia's Federation anounced on 1 January 1901, Melbourne was specified as the temporary seat of government and remained the national capital

- The first Federal parliament was convened on 9 May 1901 in the Royal Exhibition Building.

Only in 1927, when the Federal parliament was moved to the planned city of Canberra., the current capital.

- With the discovery of gold in Victoria in the 1850s, leading to the Victorian gold rush, Melbourne

grew rapidly.

- Melbourne is often referred to as Australia's garden city, and the state of Victoria was once known as "the garden state". There is an abundance of parks and gardens in Melbourne, the CBD.-

- Melbourne is known as an Australian cultural and sport capital, and is the spiritual home of Australian rules football.called AFL. Last week the Geeloing club won the Grand Final of AFL.

- On 6 of November there is a famous Melbourne Cup for Horse Racing.

- Morevere it conducted Gran Prix of Motor racing each year.

- Melbourne has hosted the 1956 Olympic Games and the 2006 Commonwealth Games

- In Melbourne there are 6 Universities in Melbourne: : The University of Melbourne - RMIT University - Monash university - LaTrobe University- Deakin University - Victoria Universit

- Next are some links to maps, videos and photos to places in Melbourne:

Map of Melnbourne,

Park and Garden,

Places,

LandScape,

Buildings,

Feature movies,

Google Map