xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

In General, What Do You Think Of Nintendo? The DS, N64, GameCube, etc.

The only thing that bothers me about Nintendo really is that they come out with new things so often with only slight changes in them. What they should do is just come out with something once and then it's done with. There's already like three DSs out there.I really like Nintendo and I love the old characters like Mario and Link. There's something about them that makes their games feel so magical and cute. Something that could probably help them is if they made newer characters with original plots and base games around them, but I also think that they shouldn't get rid of the originals either... They are Nintendo. They have a lot of games directed at a younger audience, but I like it like that. :lol: They have all kinds of games to make everyone happy.I had the most fun with the Nintendo 64, but that's probably because back then even eating bugs was fun for me. ^^ The Wii is also really cool.

Simply Nintendo is the classic and the best console.I play Nintendo consoles since the Super Nintendo.And now with the DS and The Cube I think that is better than Xbox and PlayStation.

To the previous poster, are you serious? Cube? Xbox? Playstation? If you haven't noticed, next gen is here. Xbox360, Playstation 3 and the Wii, just to name a few.Anyhow, Nintendo is great if you like ok games. The wii is basicly a cube with better controls. In a way, its just like what they are doing with the DS. Different versions of the same system. If you like hardcore games, then Xbox360 and Playstation 3 are much better. The games are better, look better and have better online capabilities.

Ive always like every console/handheld game device that Nintendo have produced .... except for the NES. Not really for the performance of their products, but the games on them. If Mario, Zelda, GoldenEye, Metroid, among others were offered on the old Sega consoles or Playstation 1,2,3 i would have bought them without a doubt. But because of these standout games, i've always opted for purchasing Nintendo.After saying that though, gotta say sonic the hedgehog equally rocks!

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Nintendo had always been a very good console my opinion. This is how I look at things, The playstation excels in RPGs, the Xbox excels in first person shooters while the nintendo excels in games that everyone can play. Yes it doesn't have much adult series games but I dont think that was the reason Nintendo was created. The Nintendo franchise was created for families can play, meaning everybody regardless of age group. Nintendo has many hit games that I find to be remarkably great, and these are games that are always remembered by many for example Pokemon, Super Smash Brothers, Super Mario, Mario Kart and Zelda. Newer games are now coming out with even more fun qualities for multi-player, exactly the point of Nintendo is fun for everyone in a party setting.

Edited by Unknown_99 (see edit history)

Nintendo has become a steaming failure in recent years, and it's all the fault of the Wii. I own one of course, believing the lie of how it would bring about a revolution in gaming, but Nintendo's actions this generation have been terrible. Let's look back to when I was two. For Christmas, I was given an NES with about 14 games. The very first one I played, at the suggestion of my step brother was Super Mario Bros. I adored it, and at the young, young age of two, I was able to make it all the way to the first castle. As time progressed, I got better, and less afraid of Bowser, and eventually I rescued the princess some three years later. Along with Super Mario, I played the very first Legend of Zelda, though I wasn't able to get very far in it at first. These games were introduced to a two year old, and he was still able to play them and enjoy them, despite their difficulty that still draws him to them today.

At the age of 6, I was given a Nintendo 64 for Christmas, the year it came out. I also got a Super Nintendo and Super Mario RPG. Even though I was still young, these games provided decent challenge that I was able to overcome. They're still hard today, and in some cases, I haven't played them in so long, I'm a bit worse at them :lol:.

Time progressed and I played more and more games, eventually finding myself to care the most for genres such as Adventure, Puzzle, and RPG. No matter what, these games always challenged me, and I loved playing them. Their stories never failed to impress me, and the gameplay was never short of amazing. Of course, being raised on the NES, I've never cared at all for graphics, so such a thing never crossed my mind and it still hasn't. Thanks to Nintendo's wonderful consoles and handhelds, I quickly began to love the great music in these games, and the interesting sprites, along with the personalities of the characters that reccurred.

Now, we have the Wii. A console that was originally named the "Revolution", promising a stunning revolution in the way we play games. Shame that it was a completely backwards revolution. The games are all terribly uninventive, most of them aren't even a challenge, and for certain there are none made for the true gamer who has been gaming his entire life, such as myself. Of course, at first I believed it to be a good thing, for Nintendo to make these games for the casual gamers, maybe even make a true gamer out of one or two of them, but as time went on and the shovelware piled up, it was obvious that Nintendo had found their new market - casual games for casual gamers, neglecting completely the people who had supported them for all of these years. Of course, the Wii has one or two decent games on it, but even Twlight Princess, a Legend of Zelda game, is too easy. Metroid Prime 3 was pathetic compared to the first two, in both length and difficulty. I was done with that game within a week's time, whereas I still have not beaten Prime 2, albeit mostly out of frustration with not being able to beat the final boss. The outlook for Nintendo looks pretty grim, to me, mostly because they're going to be considered nothing more than a shovelware company, and when their casual market declines, so will they.

I think thats a little harsh Forte. I think nintendo has been great from the begining, and the Wii has made it only better. Sure look at the games, their pretty much crud for the most part. But do you remember back to the old arcade gaming at the arcades? Do you remember what I like to call my all-time favorite, Mike Tyson's Punch Out? Guess what? That came out for the Wii with a remake! I haven't played it yet, but supposedly it also came out with a new, improvement and upgrade to the wii remotes. These will come with the Wii Resort game, and make our motion more realistic. I mean the Wii is a work in progress obviously, and it will probably never go back to the old way of gaming, (it being nintendo).In my eyes, the Wii was never made for hardcore gamers, but more to bring a family together. People and media brought it upon themselves to think this thing is actually giving you excersize (thats America for you). The people at nintendo just started experimenting with these things, and the graphics, and everything will get better, I mean theres no way you can tell me that you beat super smash bros on the hardest difficulty with no struggle..I mean that right there is amazingly hard. If we can get more difficulty like that, yet still have some sort of family oriented games, I believe nintendo will go far.

Of course I know that there is a Punch Out!! for the Wii, and from what I hear, it's good.

Your idea of the Wii bringing families together is a bunch of garbage. If your direct family doesn't so much as play a board game together every once in a while, there's no way the lot of you are going to get together and play on the Wii. To think that a little white box is going to change that is foolish. Of course, I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's highly unlikely. And I'm not even mad about the Wii because of it attempting to bring new gamers in. It's the lack of support for the true gamers that actually like Nintendo. It's the lack of true innovation. The Wii remote was not innovative. It's a wireless mouse, in its purest form, and interacts with the Wii in a way no more complicated than a television remote. Do you know how long the television remote has been around? Ages. I've had both a TV remote and a wireless mouse for most of my lifetime, the only innovation the Wii brought about was sticking them together, a previously useless fusion. The games are no longer truly great, the graphics have become better and the music has begun to sound richer and clearer (I'll refrain from using "better" as I feel that 8-bit video game music is god tier), but the overall feel is nothing compared to those classic games which, if you look at the Japanese names for the NES and Super NES, were for the family (talking about Famicom and Super Famicom, Famicom being a shortened form of Family Computer).

The Wii was indeed made for bringing casual gamers into the market, but a truly good system should be able to do that while still attending its true gamer fanbase. The Wii has failed to do such a thing, and until it does, it will be a failure, no matter what sales say.

Ok I guess I can agree with you, my family bonds have always been strong so I guess I assumed that because we got a wii, it kind of gave us something to do when we used to be just chilling out during that time, and nothing else. The wii brought together younger people, and older people with it's simplistic games, and I believe that is what it was meant to do, a couple games do require the taste of a "hardcore" gamer, such as SSBB, and maybe? Legends of Zelda: TP (I never beat the game yet, still on first dungeon, don't really play it much). But ya in reality your right, the Wii does not compare to any of the other nintendo consoles or even handhelds (which is pretty sad in itself). But really, you will never get better then the classics, I boot up my Sega Genesis or Dreamcast more than I boot up my xbox 360, I love classic games, I love classic music, and a lot of people are like that, nothing will ever beat those good times that we had playing those types of games when we are younger, and thats what these kids are hopefully experiencing now, with these games.

For Nintendo, I'd say that they aren't that bad. Their Nintendo 64 is also the first one I also bought, and I stuck to it for about 2-3 years. The GameBoy Color wasn't so bad for its time. Sure, it was large, but improvements were made when the GameBoy Advanced, GBA SP, and Nintendo DS came in. Recently the Nintendo DSi was released, I haven't gotten a chance to get one yet, though.The Nintendo GameCube has got to be the one that I liked the most for a console system. The GameCube is a one-of-a-kind game system, where you could use your GBA SP in place for one of the controllers, and they would syncronize. That feature has got to be one of the best.Nintendo Wii - Motion sensors has got to be the best feature. The Wii is very interactive and accurate. I think Sony tried to compete against it, but it required too much 'Extra' gadgets to sense motion. Its design is cool too, and it is simple to use compared to other competitor's motion sensing game systems.Nintendo Characters - Nintendo is BEAST at creating new characters. Pokemon and Mario Bros were a big hit in the beginning, and still are now.Nintendo Support - Nintendo has a good support team. Its game manuals are easy to understand, they dont take up a thousand pages and they dont use so many tech words when it comes to game guides.Nintendo Community & Fansites - This plays a big role in Nintendo. Without the Community and dedicated Fans, they wouldn't be so successful. I dont think any other competitor would be successful if they didn't have fans, either. Nintendo has a bigger community. It has more fans.Overall Rating of Nintendo - 10/10