xisto Community
kab012345

Do You Use Imagefilez.com? ImageFilez.com : Free Image and Video Hosting

(Please Post Why you chose what you chose Below)  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been using imageshack for about.. always.. and i still like it so, nope. im not using ImageFilez :)

i have never used any image host, i just use my own site and host the file there, no restriction

I don't use Imagefilez or should I say I can't use :) . Whenever I check Imagefilez it is always down. I use imageshack.us, perhaps it is slow, but your images will not be deleted too shortly.

I have been using Photobucket for quite a while now for images that I want to refer to over and over again. If I just want to post a single instance image, such as an image to go with a single post on a forum, then I use tinypic to host the file. One useful tip is using an image hosting site to avoid problems with hot linking. If I find on the Internet an image that I want to use that is public domain, released under Creative Commons license, or that I can claim fair use of, then I will upload it to an image hosting site rather than hot linking to the image where I found it. This avoids stealing someone else's bandwidth, and also means that you are not at their mercy should they decide to move or remove the image. You can achieve this quite easily by copying the image URL to your clipboard, then going to the upload form of your image hosting site, click to upload the file, and browse your local computer for it. When the dialog box opens to search your local computer, simply paste the image URL into the filename field and click OK. Then continue as if the file were coming from your local computer. Using this technique with a single-use hosting site like tinypic is very quick and convenient, I find. You don't need to sign up for an account or to log in to tinypic. You just upload the file and it generates a randomized URL for your file that you can link to. Very quick and very convenient.

I visited ImageFilez for the first time just now, and saw this message at the top of the page...

Table 'i' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=select i.*,s.domain from images as i left join server as s on s.server_id=i.server_id left join users as u on u.id=i.uid left join groups as g on u.gid=g.id where i.deleted=0 and i.private=0 and ((u.bandwidth<=g.bandwidth and i.uid!=0) or (i.bandwidth<=6442450944 and i.uid=0) ) and ( i.width>150 or i.height>150 or (i.width=0 and i.height=0) ) order by ratings/votes DESC limit 0,5

Table 'i' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=select i.*,s.domain from images as i left join server as s on s.server_id=i.server_id left join users as u on u.id=i.uid left join groups as g on u.gid=g.id where i.deleted=0 and i.private=0 and ((u.bandwidth<=g.bandwidth and i.uid!=0) or (i.bandwidth<=6442450944 and i.uid=0) ) and ( i.width>150 or i.height>150 or (i.width=0 and i.height=0) ) order by i.views DESC limit 0,5

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/imagefi/public_html/includes/database.php:143) in /home/imagefi/public_html/includes/function.php on line 1228

Table 'images' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=select count(*) as pics,count(if(time>1220338800,1,NULL)) as todays,count(if(1220338800>time and time>1220252400,1,NULL)) as yestodays from images where deleted=0

Edited by travstatesmen (see edit history)

I have been using Photobucket for quite a while now for images that I want to refer to over and over again. If I just want to post a single instance image, such as an image to go with a single post on a forum, then I use tinypic to host the file. One useful tip is using an image hosting site to avoid problems with hot linking. If I find on the Internet an image that I want to use that is public domain, released under Creative Commons license, or that I can claim fair use of, then I will upload it to an image hosting site rather than hot linking to the image where I found it. This avoids stealing someone else's bandwidth, and also means that you are not at their mercy should they decide to move or remove the image. You can achieve this quite easily by copying the image URL to your clipboard, then going to the upload form of your image hosting site, click to upload the file, and browse your local computer for it. When the dialog box opens to search your local computer, simply paste the image URL into the filename field and click OK. Then continue as if the file were coming from your local computer. Using this technique with a single-use hosting site like tinypic is very quick and convenient, I find. You don't need to sign up for an account or to log in to tinypic. You just upload the file and it generates a randomized URL for your file that you can link to. Very quick and very convenient.

I visited ImageFilez for the first time just now, and saw this message at the top of the page...

it seems that tinypic is good, i should try it sometimes

anyway, if tinypic is running, anyone knows how their earn the profit from? since we dont need to register also, they dont have any of our profiles dont they?

in my country, also has such a host name /legacy maybe anyone can give a try and review. when i use http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it seems the hard part is uploading the file, since the url must be typed by ourself which is not listed in menu (secret url), and this only be known by gossips around internet.

Hello all!Personally, I do not use Imagefilez and neither any type of image hosting.First of all, I really love to keep privacy if I ever have to host some personal pictures, so I would not like some companies to have my pictures on their servers.So what I do, is host them on my own hosting 100GB space (I get it free with my internet provider, but there are no PHP MYSQL PERL and so on supported on it, so I use it as a personal storage site.Also, it is protected with all terms of usage that I've read before and much more secure and backed up.Finally, I would prefer to host non personal images on my own storage site also, because it will save me time for the registration processes and so on and I can put a password much more faster on those files than with any other sites. Also, I can let peoples access it via an FTP server and I can even add any other types of files in it that are not images of any size...So if peoples are looking for room to store personal and non personal stuffs, I really suggest to buy a storage room on internet. It should not be too much expensive!Good luck!Tim.

I have not needed an image host in awhile.I do have a photobucket account, but they have changed so much and added so much junk to their site it seems its more of a hassle than when I joined them.There for a couple of years I had my own image hosting service but killed it last year with the rest of my stuff.Now I will try imagefilez and see, but mainly because of the brotherhood between them and Xisto. lolI will personally do anything I can to help xisto and its network of services etc.-------Well, the Imagefilez site works well etc., but I have issues with them placing a watermark on an image that I created.If this is a must, it should be much smaller and say "hosted by ImageFilez".Ive created sigs and tags for many people and dont usually sign them myself .. there should be a distiction between hosting the image and where the image may have been gotten from!Thats my 2 cents!

Edited by sylent (see edit history)

I usually use imagefilez every once in awhile. I'm not going to lie, I do use photobucket and some other image hosts here and there. But, I think imagefilez is up there because you do not have to make an account with them which is a big plus for me.

No I do not use Imagefilez because I never heard of them until I joined Xisto/Xisto. I use photobucket.com but I think I'll get a account on Imagefiles to compare the two and deside which one suits me better and pick one. The reason I use photobucket is because its big and way back when, I ask so person how they posted pitures in there posts and they told me about photobucket and I have been using them ever since. I'm going to go check out Imagefiles right now and I'll edit my post once I deside to switch or not.

Well I've used Flickr, Photobucket and Imageshack in my time, but have never come across ImageFilez till joining. I might start using it but the only thing i hate is those pesky ads.

I do not use imagefilez, when i want to upload an image, i just go to my imagehack account, there is no need to create another account at another website because we all know that imageshack is the best image uploading and sharing service on the internet, but if there is someone that says to me that imagefilez is better then imageshack and that it proves it tome with facts, i will start to use it instead of imageshack.