xisto Community
UnheroicHero

A Highly Controversial Topic: The Death Penalty.

Should the Death Penalty be used?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

True2Earn - Using God as an example? Wasn't it GOD who destroyed (murdered) nearly the entire HUMAN RACE because they SINNED? I seem to recall a great flood... Noah and his family survived, but most DIED. Is not MURDER a SIN according to God? So it's okay for God, but not for man, who is created in the IMAGE of God? Sounds a bit funny to me.Maybe we should take God's approach, and just destroy ALL sinners... somehow I don't think anyone's voting THAT into law!

homeloansnow -

Maybe Satan is you man since you so despise God. Anyway, this threat is about whether or not you support the death penalty. Maybe you should put your dualcore AMD x2 3800+ to better use and go back and read this thread. I am sure you can put your gig of DDR to use for such a simple task. At least I hope you are capable of doing this as it sounds like your computer may have a higher IQ.

Let's take your quote

Maybe we should take God's approach, and just destroy ALL sinners... somehow I don't think anyone's voting THAT into law!

Now, let's go back and take a look at what I said.

There is no law above God's that gives mankind the right to take a life, whether through anger, violence or government-sponsored premeditated murder that they so elegantly label as justified execution.

Apparently, you did not read my post and were quick to lay down your judgement.

So it's okay for God, but not for man...

As a matter of fact, yes. We are His creation. If He wants to take us, He has every right.

The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. (job 1:21)

But back to the topic of the discussion. You are the first person to post in this threat that did state your views on whether or not you support the death penalty. Your post was more of a flame than anything else. I would like to hear your view on the subject. Just make sure you take your medication beforehand so your NPD does not interfere as it did above and give us your view on the death penalty. It is a sensitive subject but everyone has a right to their own opinion.

True2Earn - And your personal attacks make you superior? Don't make me laugh. I just find it amusing that most who don't support the death penalty hide behing the whole "God" thing. Accusing me of being a Satanist, or somehow mentally deficient, doesn't change the fact that man has ALWAYS been a violent race, so much so that God Himself wiped us off the face of the earth. I believe in God, but not in the " do as I say, not as I do" God that you seem to follow. But back to the topic of the death penalty.One of the main arguments against the death penalty is "rehabilitation". One thought on rehabilitation: If they spend the rest of their lives in prison, how do we know if it WORKED? Look at Charles Manson - Charlie was guilty of nothing more than being a good "evangelist". Others did his dirty work for him. But he remains in prison, never to leave. Been there for ages. Rehabilitated? Seen his TV interviews? FAR FROM IT!!! What has 'rehabilitation" done for Manson? NOTHING! He has been a burden on the taxpayers who support him for all this time, and we have nothing to show for all our hard-earned tax dollars but a guy who is crazier now than when he was locked up.Back to the God argument for a moment - did you miss these entries in God's law?Exodus 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. Leviticus 24:17 And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death.18 And he that killeth a beast shall make it good; beast for beast.19 And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him;20 Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.21 And he that killeth a beast, he shall restore it: and he that killeth a man, he shall be put to death.Seems to me that God supports the death penalty, or at least He did when it came to Judaic law. Some may argue that the ministry of Jesus changed all that, but Jesus said He didn't come to change the law, but to fulfill it.In short, I am for the death penalty. I feel it is a double indignity to the families of the victims of these murderers to have to PAY for these people to live, in some cases better than the victims families live. While incarcerated, they make no useful contribution to society. Instead, they victimize society yet again by taking money that could be put to better use. Can you show ONE case of effective rehab? Someone who did the crime and was 'cured' by prison? I haven't found any yet. But I'll keep looking. In the meantime, I'll be grateful that people like Ted Bundy won't be getting out anytime soon to kill again.PS - My AMD and I thank you for the stimulating conversation!

I am sort of iffy on this topic.I think that if you kill someone purposly you don't deserve to live, because you took anothers life, for game or whatever murderers brains are thinking of when they kill innocent human beings.But if you kill someone by accident you shouldn't be punished by death, because you didn't mean too.How can you decipher between an accident and not an accident? The answer is easy, you can't. That is why many people agree and don't agree. People that say yes even if it was an accident, picture this.Your driving down the street and some crazy guy jumps in front of your car, and you hit him. You get punished to death, even though it was an accident.So I believe that you can't be for it or against it.

I have mixted feeling about this.because I think that every human being do not deserve to die this way,I think life sentence could be enough but I guess it could depends of the cases its hard to tell.there's a lot of people who died this way and were innocent too I think it gives a different view of death penalty but on the other hand some murderer can be very cruel and I don't see how they can continue living a life after destroying someone elses life.like I said I have very mixted feelings about this.

Death penalty is wrong.No one has the right to decide on someone else's life. As Pope JP II forgave his perpetuator, he is valuing life, not consenting murder. Its called life because its complicated, no matter how bad, there's always a way to make it good. Killing criminals doesn't change anything, so as inducing fear to everyone by imposing death penalty.God even forgave His people even if they crucified Him, He gave us the best example. How would you feel not being forgiven? Its the worst feeling after all.

No human has the right to kill another human ,if a particular person kills someone or even a lot of people ,yet he shouldn't be hanged,but should be given a sort of punishment which would help them get a good life even in jail and would lead to their heart transformation, even if the goverment becomes like them becoming a murderer than whats the point of the whole thing ,a revenge is never a solution to the problem but a enforcer in violence in this world ,we as humans should be above animals and should be able to control our revenge instinct.let assume a guy kills a nother guy ,the families of the killed guy suffer a lot because of this and the guy who killed will also be hanged according to the goverment laws,but now isn't the goverment killed the guy(killer),now obviously the family of the killer have to bear without him because of the goverment ,so isnlt it unfair to them ,a possible solution could be lifetime imprisonment ,which could be a solution to both the parties,but a kill for a kill is really a jungles way of life ,not descent humans.

Without reading the previous reply to the thread. There is a good point of mistaken identity when someone gets trialled, guility, sentenced to death.. only to find out that it is the wrong person that they hanged, etc.. (meaning they need to compensate his family, etc). But either way, the death penalty could still be used in the most extreme cases when its obvious when a accused is guilty (eg the recent Saddam Hussein case).

i am against the death penalty, but i think you have to take it on a case by case basis. i mean, i'm against sentencing people to death and all, but i wans't upset about sadam hussein getting the death penalty at all. i think it was coming, he deserved it. all though i would have liked to see him face the natural consewuences of his actions, i almost think this WAS the natural consequence of his astrocities.

I strongly belive in the Death Penalty. If they are willing to kill someone they should have th esame done to them. As long as the case is proven that it is them who committed the murder let them die. I know I'm sound quite evil, but these murders are screwed up in the head. The first time you kill someone it is more easier to kill someone else. It is our duty as a socitey to stop this murders.

I am strictly against the death penalty no matter what. And yes I have had some love ones very close to me that have been killed. One was only 2. Sometimes I find it very hard to forgive but my faith will never want me to see any one executed. I won't go to there level. The death penalty doesn't work. The murder rate is going up. And what happens those extremely rare times when we get it wrong and the wrong person dies? You can use any fancy term you like execution, death penalty, whatever when you take someones life it is murder plain and simple. C Moore

The funny thing about crimes and the death penalty or DEATH in short is that It becomes the end for the criminal and the only ones who "Suffer" are the families/loved ones for at that moment of rage they would want the criminal dead thus stooping down to their level but later either due to their holy places like churches,temples and mosques..... or their own conscience They would feel guilty for behaving like the criminal. Even if they say that the criminal deserved it but In the inside the guilt hurts them inside. And I totally agree to Mr moore's point that you give a fancy name to justify your crime against the criminal Instead of killing that guy and letting him off why not make him get a job and take care of the family or donate the money earned to some charity.Because In some cases the murderers genuinely regret their mistake so why End their life If they are good souls?But If they are the psychotic then counsel them and If they do not change then they should be given the same mental misery as the family.Even though It sounds cruel it is the only way A person will repent what he did and ask for forgiveness. Giving the death penalty wll mentally prepare him for death, Not in all cases does the criminal repent on his crime.Like they say : Fight fire with fire,

Edited by velma (see edit history)

Oh yes, I definetly believe that there should be a death penalty. What I'm saying is some people just WANT to go to jail to get away from life, if they are a killer then you can't have them having a decent time getting DISCIPLINED! That, im my opinion, is where the death penalty should take place. Now, it's hard to determine when the person is enjoying jail, so you have to take close observations which isn't usually possible. Set aside fron that, a killer who kills fro no/bad reasons should be killed, just as was so in the Bible. The person killing him isn't a cold killer, he's just stopping that man from killing someone else, "a life for a life."I don't see what everyone's problem is with the death penalty, I mean, you're stopping a killer, and it's not like the person killing him is going to kill an innocent person. I am a firm believer in giving what's given, in this case, death.Some people though, need to just be put in jail for life, because the death penalty could be a way out for them, like if they had a mental problem or such. Life in jail and the death penalty, both are the same in the end, but for different people.So yes, keep the death penalty, it's working very well and people shouldn't be concerned with how killers are being killed. That's my opinion though, so scream at me if you want. :lol:

I think that murderers should be hung, but in the electric chair, or whatever they do today, instead of being givin a life sentence in jail! What is the point! them goverment people are just wasting our money, by collecting extra taxes paying for food and items for people in jail! If somebody did something wron, like murdered, and given a life sentence, they have time to think of a new plan for a murder, if they escape!? I am thinking the head of the prisions, or whoever is wanting them to escape and go around and start murding people, but why? Do they know the people who are in jail? Or do they just feel bad for them. Dont feel bad for them, just look what they did, they ended somebodies life unexpectedly, and that is pure wrong, and all they do is give the murderers a time to think of another plan... I think anybody with a life sentence should be killed, or sent away to their death somewhere... somewhere.Just think, part of your tax goes to.... cleaing up (dont think of it that way) messes from murderers, building new containment areas for the murderers, buying food for the murderers, buying clother for the murderers, buying more murders for the murderers!!

I think that at a certain point, you have to forget about the feelings of the prisoner, you have to forget about any money, and you have to forget about making the killer pay ammends. there gets to be a certain point where it becomes a safety issue for anyone in the area. It comes to the point where you have to make sure that the killer can never kill again, whatever it takes. I think that the farthest it really needs to go, however, is a life sentence without parole meaning a life sentence without parole. there's no "good behavior" for a murdere. They've killed someone, and by taking away someone's right to life, liberty, and property, they should at least lose two of the three. If that's the sacrifice too kepp innocent people safe, then so be it.