xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

Wordpress On Subdomains

Hi Im hosted with Xisto - Web Hosting.and im looking for wordpress installation in subdomain.I know how to add ubdomain in control panel but i dont know how to add wordpress to it.i dont want to link wordpress at some root level folder like dominadress/folder i want to do it with subdomain.how to do it? I saw it done on the site blog.kirupa.combut i dont know how to do it.is there any way to do it? how to do it?can anyone help?thanks in advance.

Yes, there is.

After creating the subdomain, upload the Wordpress (files) on the root folder of the subdomain. And install it from there. I'm not familiar with databases, but I guess you have to create a database for the WP subdomain installation.

So, if you have a subdomain. (subdomain.domain.com).
Upload all files to that domain (via FTP or browser).
Install wordpress by accessing the subdomain. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or something like it and follow the installation procedure.
When completed, the owner of that WP-blog can login at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

If there are errors/comments/questions on the procedure. Please let me know. I'm not a web professional, just thinking that it's possible base on experiences.

To install wordpress in a subdomain just follow the following steps. 1. Create a subdomain in the cPanel, lets suppose it to be "blog.mysite . com" 2. Goto Fantastico and select Wordpress from the available list of Packages avialbe under "Blogs section". 3. Click on "New Installation" 4. In the "Install on domain" option you'll find a list of available domains and subdomains, select the one where you want to install the Wordpress. Here in our case, "blog.mysite . com" 5. Next Complete the required information and your Worpress will be installed in the subdomain automatically by Fantastico. 6. Pre-check all the info before hitting the submit button. 7. after completion you can view the Wordpess blog at "blog.mysite . com"Hope this helped you :P

subdomainsWordpress On Subdomains

If you follow the above procedure can you select a different WordPress theme than your homepage?  IE blog.Mysite.Com would look different than mysite.Com?

Also - can you post seperate ads on a subdomain than a main domain.  If your subdomain is about cars and your main domain is about paint could you place ads strictly having to do with cars on the subdomain w/out paint related ads appearing on it from say google adsense?

Thanks

Bill

haha yeah. thankfully the host offers fantastico! i didnt know about this and went about installing everything on my own. Still pretty quick n' easy, haha.. though I got sidestepped along the way. Good luck with your new blog mahesh

Edited by gummybear (see edit history)

I want subdomain on wordpress configured properly???Wordpress On Subdomains

I have messed up everything I guess... I will start from beginning.. I have domain name reviewcity.Net and a subdomain called antivirus.Reviewcity.Net ..Now I hv installed wordpress on both. I have hostgator account. But I have posted articles on antivirus.Reviewcity.Net and nothing on reviewcity.Net. Now I wanted to put a link sort of thing on reviewcity.Net so that if anyone clicks on it, it should directly take him/her to antivirus.Reviewcity.Net ...I need help... Please help...U can even mail me...

-reply by Vipul

I need help in subdomain setup...Wordpress On Subdomains

I guess in the last msg I selected wrong Nature of post...So pasting it again... Its not spam so plzdo respond..If u want delete my question and just put the answer...This was the data in case you miss that..

I have messed up everything I guess... I will start from beginning.. I have domain name reviewcity.Net and a subdomain called antivirus.Reviewcity.Net ..Now I hv installed wordpress on both. I have hostgator account. But I have posted articles on antivirus.Reviewcity.Net and nothing on reviewcity.Net. Now I wanted to put a link sort of thing on reviewcity.Net so that if anyone clicks on it, it should directly take him/her to antivirus.Reviewcity.Net ...I need help... Please help...U can even mail me...

-question by vipul

Reorganize blog/ to .blogWordpress On Subdomains

I installed wp and all is set up as domain.Com/blog how ever I needed to set up subdomains for other reasons and so seems like I should keep uniform so I am trying to switch to blog.Domain.Com...The site is working fine with the subdomain but everything still says domain.Com/blog and I want it to say blog.Domain.Com...What am I missing...Do I need to do a complete reinstall?  Site is http://photos.ninogabaldon.com/ thanks!

-reply by Victoria