xisto Community
Spyda

Lack Of Posts

I would have to agree the junk threads are piling up a bit, but thats the thing though, you can only talk about so many things especially when it comes to topics that are literally posted to death on other sites. Heck this was my slowest week in posting as well, busy with other things as well, but still the most effective way to post about other stuff is to lean about it. Heck I barely touch the computer hardware forums until I completed my computer hardware course and soon that forum blossomed again.

Heck I give every a freebie search out computer news, and heres a free link to everything computer related,, it don't take much to search the forums and post about it, heck I used yahoo all the time we I post topics about computer security threats here in the forums. We got the browser wars, OS wars, war on computer crimes, etc, etc. I would say start posting about news you hear or read about, especially the bizarre stuff, everyone like to post about weird stuff. Members complain that there is nothing to post about well fun stuff worth posting about, yeah school is in session but doesn't mean you can' create a topic about something school related.

Heck you can start earning posts in the movie section now, heck post about movies that you have see and give your review on it and stuff. The idea's are not hard to find, look at me I been dubbed "posting *BLEEP*" because I spread myself. It don't take much of an effort to learn something and then being able to help others, I know we got gamers, computer techs, history buffs, science geeks in here so post stuff you find interesting.

Yeah the search function is pretty crappy, but here is a solution open another window or a tab to google and use this set up:

site:Xisto.com +Hardware problem (fill in whatever words you want to make sure a topic has not been created)

Its that easy, heck this post alone I will be earning about 3-4 credits on just because of the idea's I throwing out for people, don't limit your knowledge on just one topic spread yourself out and you be surprised what you can pick up and start posting about. This is the best advice I can give for all members young or old because thats how I have over 5700+ and almost 1900 hosting credits, its just not that hard once you your start exploring the forums and the topics.Here is another freebie post in the introduction forums and greet new members, that forum alone will get a poster an easy 1-3 credits just by welcoming the person. I know most people spend more then 30 minutes here on the forum and that is mostly searching through the forums looking for stuff to post on, a effective method is to force yourself to post in topics you normally wouldn't post in and thus once you do it plenty of times you won't have to think about it because you will be doing it just like that.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Yea, I also noticed that things seem to have slowed down a bit as well, but I think it all depends on when people are coming online. I typically don't have any problem finding a topic to reply to, but I haven't noticed many that leave open for some good back and forth discussions on a topic. I much enjoy those kinds of posts.I'm not even sure if you can really call that sort of thing "a kind of post", cause I don't really think there is a certain group of topics that would fuel that sort of thing, but it is certainly nice to get into the middle of one of those and actually feel like you are contributing to something.I wasn't sure about how people felt as to posting on threads that have long since been buried in the site. So I really haven't been doing that, but since Opaque suggests that option, I think I'll try that out if I can't find enough posts to comment on when I'm doing the "View New Posts" that I usually search through.So far, I've only really used the search feature when I'm looking for the answer to something, but I know now that if I have a reply to give to that posting, I should just reply to it as well, so long as my reply has something people might also find interesting in it.

I have been having a lot of trouble finding interesting topics to post in too. I haven't had much time to visit the trap either. I am actually down to 12 hosting credits right now which is the lowest I've been since I first started here at the trap. My domain is about to expire and I have no money in my paypal account (SOMEBODY PLEASE DONATE $8 to me???) so I'm probably gonna end up losing that domain. When that happens, I will probably just let my trap account go. I love CPanel and I love not paying for it even more! But it is a lot of work and a lot of time to sit here every day trying to keep up hosting credits by posting. I think once I make some money and stuff, I will just get paid hosting from Xisto - Web Hosting. That comes with CPanel right? Sigh.... like kinda sucks right now :P Plus my girlfriend is giving me a lot of problems...

I don't know about lack of posts. However, I do find it difficult to find such a good post that I can actually get into the discussion and have a paragraph post. I agree to sylenzednuke. There are times back when I joined (not too long ago, but seems like a long time ago) where activity was actually higher. The only reason I keep comming back is the wonderful help with coding, and hosting of my things. They don't delete your things randomly, they don't mess around with your account, they play it fair and nice. Staff is great, but the thing is theres no real posts anymore! Well, ya there is, but its covered up by all those annoying posts about things you don't want to know about, and some of which is in the wrong forum because people can't look. Expecially the gaming section. I'm not dissing Xisto, or its staff, but more of those people who post private servers. Nobody likes those private servers, maybe the huge ones like LG Gunz, or something that has oveor 100+ users on at once, but whats with those runescape private servers? Their not flexiable, or anything. I'm not saying that we should ban runescape private servers, but its all over the gaming section, and alot of other private servers are. No point in them, make your own game if you think your good at coding. I don't like how people do this, plus it covers the real gaming topic discussions, which are the ones I get into. Otherwise I think Xisto has had its peak, but definatly isn't close to dieing.

Yeah agreed with nol here. Besides, who wants to play RuneScape on private servers, or (lol) who the heck plays RuneScape anymore! :)I think we need to get some more "important" discussions going on, and skip the private server setups.Sure! I'm not saying DROP THEM - But at least keep the good things flowing and and the useless flowing around, to fade.

Since there don't seem to be any other dog breeders here, or even goat farmers for that matter, I do have trouble sometimes finding posts that I could contribute anything of importance to. It is a bit difficult to keep credits up, and I definatly need to do that. Starting new topics is about the same problem, if they are to be of interest to other members here. I have few computer skills and at least this summer, have been struggling to keep my business afloat, which eats up all my time. Since I am older than probably 99% of the other posters it is also a bit difficult to relate to some of their problems. Sometimes I hate to say anything when I could because teenagers especially think old folks don't know anything anyway, and I also hate to come off sounding like their parents, in which case they (the young 'uns) darn sure wouldn't want to hear me. I have noticed over the years that all forums suffer slumps in the summertime. I think more people are outside enjoying the weather and doing fun summer stuff, and not spending as much time on the computer. So things will probably pick up over the next few months.

Since there don't seem to be any other dog breeders here, or even goat farmers for that matter, I do have trouble sometimes finding posts that I could contribute anything of importance to. It is a bit difficult to keep credits up, and I definatly need to do that. Starting new topics is about the same problem, if they are to be of interest to other members here. I have few computer skills and at least this summer, have been struggling to keep my business afloat, which eats up all my time.

I post about things that I find interesting whether I think other people will find them interesting or not. For example, I'm not expecting anyone to really respond to my tutorial on how to do Sudoku & Kakuro, but it's something that I know a little something about and something that I enjoy doing. I like to share my experiences, even if no one else is really interested. True, it's easier to garner more credits when you can get a discussion going about a subject, but it's not necessary. Just write about what interests you and perhaps you might spark up a heated debate where you least expected.

Since I am older than probably 99% of the other posters it is also a bit difficult to relate to some of their problems. Sometimes I hate to say anything when I could because teenagers especially think old folks don't know anything anyway, and I also hate to come off sounding like their parents, in which case they (the young 'uns) darn sure wouldn't want to hear me.

There are more than a few members than need to be taken over the knee and given a good spanking. When you're 15, you think you know everything there is to life and no one understands the world better. But perhaps one of these days, someone might see those words of advice and actually listen to it. So go ahead and sound like their parents. God knows there are plenty of parents out there who are little more than biological donors.

Well since I posted this, I have found it easier to post in topics, lol. I don't know why, but I just do. Anyway, topics like these always create a "buzz" and I guess are ways to create some topics, not the best way pointing out flaws, but that is a way to generate credits and keep your hosting up and going. But, I think the main thing is I need to make topics that interest me, and maybe this will help other people when needing to pick a topic to post in.

Even though i am still a newbie, i already feel the drag of posting just to keep your hosting account alive (I had my account suspended once). Sometimes you just want to browse thorough the forum and post nothing at all, at other times you may post a few which catch your attention. Furthermore,its difficult to have posts that give you a lot of hosting credits other than tutorials and lenghty posts. I would like to suggest using forum login time as a extra source for receiving hosting credits as one's time spent in the forum is oso as precious as posting.What do you think???

Even though i am still a newbie, i already feel the drag of posting just to keep your hosting account alive (I had my account suspended once). Sometimes you just want to browse thorough the forum and post nothing at all, at other times you may post a few which catch your attention. Furthermore,its difficult to have posts that give you a lot of hosting credits other than tutorials and lenghty posts. I would like to suggest using forum login time as a extra source for receiving hosting credits as one's time spent in the forum is oso as precious as posting.What do you think???

I think time spent online is definitely as important as the topics created. Unfortunately this could never be done because too many people would cheat the system. They could just leave their browser on all day getting it to refresh every 10 secs.A different way would be to use the number of posts read. Unfortunately this would be cheated too.
It is much more difficult to cheat the current credit system as it is, because people notice plagiarised items as they can be seen, rather than invisible statistics running in the background. We like to see what's going on.

The reason for trap free hosting is to build a community, not have people browsing the forums all day, like it or not! (I'm also one who browses a long time but searches for a while before finding a topic I can really post something I believe about. It's kinda painful to do this :) ) So get used to the credit system as is, and make the most of it.

Sudoku & Kakuro

LOL, your right, I don't even know what that is!
But part of being a community is getting involved in things that others in the community are or would be interested in. I have a great tutorial I wrote on AI in dogs, but I'm guessing nobody here will be needing that info any time soon. I try to stay alert and find things that may be of interest, like the recent discovery that there is no longer any canine rabies found in the USA. That would be hopefully of interest to dog owners at any rate.

There are more than a few members than need to be taken over the knee and given a good spanking. When you're 15, you think you know everything there is to life and no one understands the world better

Boy, now that's the truth! :)
I've always wondered what it is that right at age 15 or 16 kids suddenly wake up one morning and think they know everything in the world there is to know. I saw my silly young brother in law one day arguing with his own mother that he was not 15 that he was actually 16, he was using numbers on a calander and counting years, he wasn't smart enough to realize the year he was born he was not one year old. What a duffass.

It does seem like the post numbers are going down, but if I look hard enough I can usually find a good article. I think it's because most people only post to keep up their hosting active. And since most people don't have hosted accounts for whatever reason, they have no incentive to post articles. However, I have found this site is can be used for learing, and conversing, instead of just posting in return for a decent web provider.

It does seem like the post numbers are going down, but if I look hard enough I can usually find a good article. I think it's because most people only post to keep up their hosting active. And since most people don't have hosted accounts for whatever reason, they have no incentive to post articles. However, I have found this site is can be used for learing, and conversing, instead of just posting in return for a decent web provider.

Yeah I guess you're right on this one.
But if it weren't FOR THE WEBHOSTING - You can have honest word that I wouldn't be posting here.
Nor would many others I know, there's simply too much else to do and i'm lucky I keep reminding myself to come and check how many days I have left.

And @ sheepdog - So you got a good "tutorial" for us? Well let's have it! You don't need to mind if no one else wants it or not - Next time someone wants it - It'll be here. :)

I have some problems with posting, just I rarely find an appropriate topic to reply in. I'm still new and I like the hosting service, so I will keep posting, untill I got totally bored (which I don't think could happen soon:D ) The forum is active, which is the most important :P