xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Northman

Quick Theory I Have About " Doing Your Best " No one agrees with me though :(

I've learned from my Psychology class -- reading "The World Of Psychology V. 7" that there are many theories similar to yours.This one in particular sort of relates to your theory: The Yerkes-Dodson law suggests that the principle for one's best performance is when their level of arousal is appropriate. That means you can't be too excited when doing something, and you can't be too depressed when doing something!I personally believe if you can motivate yourself to do something, set your mind to it. Give it your all, but also take note of your level of arousal! And you can do anything you put your mind to.My mom always told me this. :)

i do my best for what it's worth. so i will not do my best for something worthless. i'm interested in physics so i will not do my best for solving a chemistry problem. i don't agree with this title : "Do your best always or never". Doing my best will take my energy so why should i do something that doesn't worth that much of work. i may damage myself by doing my best so i should do it only for something that i think is more important , i should specify priority of the things that i should do and then specify the most important one and do my best for getting it. there is situations which you should choose between two or more options like being with your family and working hard , this time you should choose to do your best for one of them or you can balance your might between them.

@salamangkeroWhile I was reading your post, I noticed that you mentioned 'jeepney' and I thought, "Hey! He's from the Philippines!" I then scrolled up to your personal information message block and sure enough, you had your location listed as the Philippines.In India, agricultural produce is transported over short distances by bullock carts - those are 2-wheeled wooden carts towed along by oxes/oxen (I wonder which is grammatically correct; I've seen both in use). Over longer distances, however, they do use trucks.@sheepdogI agree with what you're saying. What is best in terms of time may not be the best when you think of what gives you the most exercise, even if it is that extra bit strenuous and something that the average Joe-Shmoe would find impractical. Sometimes, apart from the exercise, you can go out and have the best adventure by taking a hand-cart and walking all the way to transport the rice, camping outdoors during the night and travelling during the day. Sounds like fun, but I'd rather not that when in the middle of a forest - you never really know what lurks in the shadows! (creeepy!)@allThe expression that folks always use is "Give it your 100%". However, some other folks say, "It is guaranteed 101% to last that extra mile," they probably mean, "We will pay you 100% of what you pay us, plus an extra 1% for our reputation." Usually, the folks who say that are the ones who have nothing to lose because you gave them nothing, so 100% of nothing is still nothing, and that extra 1% of nothing is also nothing. A pointless little guarantee that seems to have a positive effect on the listener :-P

Doing your best for me is doing what you believe is your best. You could be underestimating your capabilities and rest assured that you’re doing your best. Also you could be overestimating your capabilities and always torturing yourself for not doing your best.

The way out of that is to know exactly your capabilities and know when to use the to the maximum and when to save your energy for a more demanding task.