xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thing

Paranormal Activity Ever had a paranormal experience?

I thought I was experiencing some...but then I realised someone put something in my food.

lol my uncle scared the crap out of me once because he was telling us a story about how when they first bought their house someone was murdered in the back yard. and like he said that the guy would come in and knock things down and the out of no where my uncle was like "EVERYONE STOP" and he was like "do you guys hear that...?" and then he farted -.- i almost died from the suspense lol :)

I've always been interested in this kind of thing, but have never had anything really freaky that's as fun to read as some of these stories. Though, I have had a couple.

There was one night that I was in my bathroom across the hall from my room while my CD player was playing in my room quietly. I had just finished brushing my teeth, when I suddenly heard my CD player turn up really loud. I walked into my room slowly and didn't see anything. (of course) I calmly picked up the remote to my CD player and tried to turn down the volume since it was somewhat late at night and people were trying to sleep, but it didn't work. It was still loud! So, I had to walk over and manually turn down the volume. About a minute later the same thing happened, and I turned it down again. I've had that CD player for about 4 or 5 years before that and nothing like that had ever happened, and nothing has happened since.

Now, I know that technology always seems suspicious with these types of stories. Sometimes electricity can make odd things happen without anything paranormal attached, but I can tell you that at the time I was pretty freaked out.

Keep the stories coming! They're fun to read. :)

I had an experience something like these beforeParanormal Activity

I was with my friends, watching a movie, not a horror movie or anything that could have got my mind on the subject of paranormal activity and I looked over and there was a shadowy figure in the hallway. Quickly I turned to my friends, asking them if they had seen it. They replied, "no" and asked if I was okay. I nodded but said I was sure I had seen it. Then within about thirty seconds after I said I was sure I'd seen it my nose started gushing blood. I thought it was weird and eerie but I ws he only one who had seen it and my two friends and I were the only people in the house. This is not my first experience but it was one of the strangest.

-reply by Deanna

Replying to A donutSomething like this happened to me once. Although the shadow was of a dogAnd I DID NOT have a dog. It really freaked me out. And that thing is thatWe were only 15 years old. Now I'm 18 and I hear things at points but I don'tFace them. I'm use to it. And the last time I experienced something was likeAbout a week ago. Where I have this thing were I get paranoid and stareInto the screen of the TV . When its off. And I seriously start to freak out.When I start seeing someone standing.. 

Open-minded.....?Paranormal Activity

I went to go see the movie "Paranormal Activity" tonight at the Rave Motion Pictures w/my brothers' best friends & his fiance. I knew this would be a spooky/scary movie, but I didn't know this movie would make me cry out of fear! Yes you heard it right, fear! See some of the stuff in the movie I haven't happened to me, b/c I didn't try to contact demons or anything of that nature. Let's just say after I got out of this movie & went into my car & on the way home I was crying out fear of this movie, b/c some of the stuff that I have seen on people's cameras on Youtube & people I have talked to in real life (NOT THE NET) have told me what experiences they have had w/the paranormal. That's why I was crying. Anyways, it was a great movie & I am a believer in the paranormal, I'll explain why down below...

I have always been the type of person ever since I was a little girl I have always had this sixth sense from my open mind. My mom had the same thing when she was a little girl & so did my cousin when she was a little girl. But mine occur off & on...Like being dormant, then something happens. Anyways, for me it depended on the people I was around, the places where I used to live & the experiences I have been through & the new experiences I have tried. But my first sighting was my dead grandparents. I could only see the outline of them & I told my mom about it & to make sure I wasn't lying she asked me what her father looked like, I explained him to her to a "T". She was shocked. I have seen dead cats rub up against my mom & mine room that we shared when I was younger, only b/c I did have 2 real life cats that basically marked their territory & the dead cats couldn't come in. It was they were rubbing up against a barrier. But they would go straight through my dad's room b/c the cats never went in his room & he was a very negative person. I have played hide & seek w/a little boy that had trashy, torn overalls on himself & every time I would chase him he would disappear. I would talk to him & I asked how he died. He told me. I felt sorry for him, like compassion & pity on him. When I was playing my n64 (when they were still around) I saw out of the corner of my eye a dead woman hanging by a noose in my downstairs bathroom. That made me turn off the game & go upstairs real fast. My brother never believed me & I don't think he ever will believe that. I talked about that experience w/my cousins friend at the time that let a demon in his body named "Loky" & would hover over his bed & over the floor. & he asked me where I lived at the time. I told him in North Richland Hills in this apt complex. He said he thinks there used to be people that lived there a very long time ago, where there was no apt complex & only land & a tree w/a rope tied into a noose & maybe a town or village there. I said maybe. But when he was talking about his experience w/me I was starring at the outside sliding glass door & saw a face that was showing that looked like sharp teeth & mean looking eyes as a white face like it was illuminating. That was spooky. He said the demon(s) didn't like him talking about it. There was also a time I have smelled a really bad smell in my old bedroom & my closet where we used to live. Then one day I went in my closet & bedroom again & I smelled roses. My mom said it might of been my g-ma. I have smelled cigarette smoke where we used to live when there was no one at all living around us. My mom said it might of been her father (my g-pa) b/c he did smoke a lot & cigars & pipes as well. When close to Christmas time, I got in this huge fight w/my brother & mom & went downstairs that day crying & upset & this wind-up Christmas music player started playing & it was so comforting that I think it was my g-ma trying to calm me down. It worked too. Where I used to live in the apt complex this older couple lived next to us & the man died in his apt. The woman stayed there a while longer & then she moved out. Well his spirit didn't, it stayed. One day I was running up the stairs after my dog & the space between me & my dog this little ball of light like an orb comes out of nowhere & then goes straight through the wall & into the apt where the man died. I think it was his spirit. He never hurt me in any way either. & I have heard my name being whispered in the day time & night & even when I am at work every now & then, but not every time. Where I used to live in the apt complex, I would hear my name whispered & then some whisper "help me" or "help". I never did, b/c I didn't know what to do or how I could help. Some of my dreams have come true & when I think of something that might happen in the future, it happens or if my phone rings it happens or when I think about my fiance, he calls me. My fiance says the same about me too.

I have played w/star cards & tarrot cards, & never ever ever play w/tarrot cards. They look harmless, but they are just like a Ouijia Board. When I have played w/those cards & ask Qs, they have been true & they have all happened & some Qs that I asked it are still waiting to happen. It is against my religion to do that stuff. B/c I do have an open mind I will never play w/a Ouijia Board b/c that is opening a door that I won't be able to close. I would rather keep reading my bible than that.

A friend I used to know told me that my g-parents came in the form of demon(s), but I didn't believe her, b/c my g-parents that are dead never hurt me. They only told me they wish they were still alive to meet me & then told me they loved me, my brother & my mom.

So I do believe in this movie, & what can happen in it has or is happening in this world as we speak. I have looked on Youtube for videos of demons & spirits & ghosts & you will find real footage of what people have seen or taken footage of. It's pretty scary. Just be careful & you have to know when to close your mind off. The only way to have an open mind is if you have a child's mind, meaning be more fun, playful, & laugh a lot & if you believe you will see them.

-reply by Kelley

Man in BlackParanormal Activity

I remember when I was around 10 years old and I was visiting my cousin.  It was a summer evening and my aunt an uncle were outside in the front of the house trimming the garden. In the house was my baby cousin, still in the crib, also a couple of twins around 4 years old. My aunt asked me if I would watch the boys (twins) in the bathtub so they could finish their gardening and get inside.  My girl cousin, that I was visiting was outside with them.  I agreed and went inside.  I was sitting in the bathroom with them while they were bathing and I heard something coming from down the hallway.  I got up to go and check on my baby cousin in the crib and something drew me towards the bedroom door of my aunt/uncles bedroom.  As I walked into the dark room, my head was down.  I got to the doorway and stopped dead in my tracks as I saw a pair of black aligator shoes up against the closet door to my right.  I followed the shoes upward as a figure started to form.  There he was big as can be.  A man all dressed in black, from his shoes to his hat. Couldn't see his face, only black.  I was frozen in my tracks, but was so terrified I turned around and with this unexplainable speed ran back to the bathroom where my cousins were still bathing and squeezed myself between the toilet and bathtub (small pace) in absolute fear.  I couldn't move.  Around 5 minutes later, my aunt and cousin came in and found me it total shock.

It was awful.  I am now 52 years old and have never forgotten that evening. They looked everywhere and couldn't find anyone in the house.  I know it was there, what or who it was I will never know. But I never stayed there again. There have been many more para activities that have occurred in my life.  Too many to get into. We are Christian people and I keep this on the down low because we aren't suppose to believe in this.  My son, who is 14, says that there is only heaven or hell and when you die you go to either place and there is not a happy/unhappy medium.  So I will leave it at that.  What do you believe?

I'm skeptical about all this paranormal talk.I don't mean to sound negative, but it appears thatthese paranormal activities only seem to happen topeople who want them to happen.All can be explained as well.The stories of noises in the attic were probably just a bird thathad gained entry or a mouse.Also, this person hearing somebody whisper something to them, when nobody was there, was probably just day dreaming.Why do people so badly want to believe in the super natural?.They want excitement, that's why.If you take a nickel and drop it, it will always fall down, never up.The laws of nature such as gravity,electro-magnetic activity,mass and light are never broken, despite what some peopletry and tell us.Those who truly believe in paranormal activity would alsobe susceptible to buying swamp land in Florida, the way I see it.

I'm skeptical about all this paranormal talk.I don't mean to sound negative, but it appears that
these paranormal activities only seem to happen to
people who want them to happen.
All can be explained as well.
The stories of noises in the attic were probably just a bird that
had gained entry or a mouse.Also, this person hearing somebody whisper something to them, when nobody was there, was probably just day dreaming.

Why do people so badly want to believe in the super natural?.
They want excitement, that's why.
If you take a nickel and drop it, it will always fall down, never up.
The laws of nature such as gravity,electro-magnetic activity,
mass and light are never broken, despite what some people
try and tell us.

Those who truly believe in paranormal activity would also
be susceptible to buying swamp land in Florida, the way I see it.

Oh really? *prepares for attack*

Haha, don't worry. :P Yes, it is true that paranormal phenomena only happens to people that believe that it is possible to happen. And that is why skeptical people always miss out on all the fun. This is only because skeptical people have already put a block in their minds preventing paranomal phenomena to happen to them. This is basically just the same as a person always getting an E in their test and never an A++ because they don't believe in themselves and they talk themselves down, therefore unconsciously blocking themselves to a path of getting A++ or a higher mark.

Have you heard of the "Law of Attraction"? This is basically the same thing. If you think of it often enough, and believe in it often and deep enough, then it will happen. But of course, that doesn't apply to you. Paranormal phenomena only happens to people that believe in it. This is the way it always is. I can't prove it to you, I can't show it to you, because you have to believe in it before I do. Even if I show it to you, you will always find an excuse and an argument to back up on your side. :)

It's the way it always is. Well, you don't break the laws of physics. You appear to. But the human mind has many potentials (and still developing), and there is a lot more to the subconscious mind than what we ever will know. So why not paranormal events like telekinesis, telepathy, and so on and so on? I don't believe in teleportation, but I believe in these basic skills that one have.

In fact, as far as I know, everyone has empathy. This is know how someone else is feeling, their emotions and things. You feel their pain. They might be crying, and you know that they are sad, but in technical terms, you are not able to feel their pain. And yet you can. It's a basic part of telepathy. Why not stretch this further to telepathy?

Also, I'm sure that you have heard of "gut instincts" and intuition and deva ju. I am the most un-psychic person that you have ever met. I personally never had an experience with deva ju, and I still haven't. And yet I can say that many people out there have, and many people out there also have had an experience with their "gut instincts" and intuition. I know I have.

And this is what makes me believe that all this is real, and I am currently writing a paper on the scientific explaination on why this might be so, though of course, as a mere high school student, it is only theoretical, and not solid evidence. But I think that the human brain has many potentials, and I believe that we are able to do what the ancient belief systems on ancient cultures like the chinese and the indonesian people have always believe, that the is a upper conscious in out minds and we can tap into that to give up paranomal experiences.

(Which are not, and I repeat NOT, big enough to undermine the power of Jesus or any other religious deity. Hear me out.)
:P

Oh really? *prepares for attack*
Haha, don't worry. :P Yes, it is true that paranormal phenomena only happens to people that believe that it is possible to happen. And that is why skeptical people always miss out on all the fun. This is only because skeptical people have already put a block in their minds preventing paranomal phenomena to happen to them. This is basically just the same as a person always getting an E in their test and never an A++ because they don't believe in themselves and they talk themselves down, therefore unconsciously blocking themselves to a path of getting A++ or a higher mark.

Have you heard of the "Law of Attraction"? This is basically the same thing. If you think of it often enough, and believe in it often and deep enough, then it will happen. But of course, that doesn't apply to you. Paranormal phenomena only happens to people that believe in it. This is the way it always is. I can't prove it to you, I can't show it to you, because you have to believe in it before I do. Even if I show it to you, you will always find an excuse and an argument to back up on your side. :)

It's the way it always is. Well, you don't break the laws of physics. You appear to. But the human mind has many potentials (and still developing), and there is a lot more to the subconscious mind than what we ever will know. So why not paranormal events like telekinesis, telepathy, and so on and so on? I don't believe in teleportation, but I believe in these basic skills that one have.

In fact, as far as I know, everyone has empathy. This is know how someone else is feeling, their emotions and things. You feel their pain. They might be crying, and you know that they are sad, but in technical terms, you are not able to feel their pain. And yet you can. It's a basic part of telepathy. Why not stretch this further to telepathy?

Also, I'm sure that you have heard of "gut instincts" and intuition and deva ju. I am the most un-psychic person that you have ever met. I personally never had an experience with deva ju, and I still haven't. And yet I can say that many people out there have, and many people out there also have had an experience with their "gut instincts" and intuition. I know I have.

And this is what makes me believe that all this is real, and I am currently writing a paper on the scientific explaination on why this might be so, though of course, as a mere high school student, it is only theoretical, and not solid evidence. But I think that the human brain has many potentials, and I believe that we are able to do what the ancient belief systems on ancient cultures like the chinese and the indonesian people have always believe, that the is a upper conscious in out minds and we can tap into that to give up paranomal experiences.

(Which are not, and I repeat NOT, big enough to undermine the power of Jesus or any other religious deity. Hear me out.)
:P

That's true. It's all right what you say. Good little speech there.
I'd just like somebody to point out just one instance in history, of the paranormal
actually being proven beyond any doubt to be 'paranormal'.
You won't find one.
Most of it is always unexplained, or given a more likely practical
cause.
Religious documentation such as the bible shouldn't count
though. Then it becomes more a question of 'faith', rather than
a discussion of the paranormal.
Just my opinion.

That's true. It's all right what you say. Good little speech there.I'd just like somebody to point out just one instance in history, of the paranormal
actually being proven beyond any doubt to be 'paranormal'.
You won't find one.
Most of it is always unexplained, or given a more likely practical
cause.
Religious documentation such as the bible shouldn't count
though. Then it becomes more a question of 'faith', rather than
a discussion of the paranormal.
Just my opinion.

:) Argh... darn it. I just realised that I wrote "deva ju" and not "deja vu". I always get them mixed up... But anyway...

I'm glad you understand... and of course the paranormal doesn't have any proof. That's why it's called the "paranormal". It's out of this world (or so it seems like) and I wasn't talking about religious documents as part of the paranormal field. It is just that many religious people seem to think that if we can move things with our minds or read other people's minds, we would undermine the power of God. This is not so. I mean, the most we can do the to move a piece of paper, maybe a calculator or two, but that isn't enough to part the red seas or move deserts or whatever Jesus did... (as you can see, I don't really know that much about jesus... :P

Paranormal phenomena is similar to faith, apart from the fact that you get proof if you have faith and that you try hard enough to make it work. Faith in religion doesn't. You only know if the faith that you had in life worked out after you died. This is the difference.

For the proof, well, I don't think you can find any solid proof. I know that I can't show it to you... but think... just think, that maybe Jesus parted the red sea with telekinesis, the ability to move things with your mind, and maybe Jesus can read minds too... you never know, right?

I have to say that if you really want proof, then you will need to look deep within yourself. Only you can make proof for yourself. I know I have. And that is why I believe.... :P Good luck.

I don know if this is paranormal but....Paranormal Activity

When I was little I would find myself waking up in odd places due to the fact that I could see black figures come on to my bed. For instance one night I was try'and to sleep when I saw a figure of a squirrel climb into my window and onto my bed. I jumped off my bed, a bunk bed an cowered on the floor. I sat there just watching it until I feel asleep. The next morning I examined the window and it wasn't open.There was a tree right outside my window and I somehow justified it. 

It's not always squirrels I saw but most of the time I would see things, they would be animals. I've seen frogs jumping down my hallway and shadows. I feel off my bed a lot, but that might have just been me. Doesn't make much since now cause I barely move in my sleep.

My mom has seen a cup be pulled across a table in the same house.

Now that we have moved and I have grown older. I don't see anything anymore. The attic door keeps opening and shutting though. Jus slowl, and it creaks. The door mostly creaks when I'm alone late at night in the living room. I yell at it letting it hear that I saw it. Normally it's something like "aye get back up there" And I have had feelings like there is something in my room when I was younger and even a couple times now...But I don think its a bad one. I think is a girl.

But I don't know... That movie has got me think'and a lot...

-reply by Larry Dean

our experienceParanormal Activity

I didn't believe in the paranormal I thought people that were afraid just didn't investigate to see what the noise was. In march my boyfriend and I went to a barn in Russellville, AR. We were told that a little girl named Sally was in this pit in the barn and if we went and called out to her she would visit you that night. We went there and my boyfriend and I went back to the barn he wouldn't go all the way in I went in and then went back by myself nothing happened. Later that night my boyfriend's brother went with us I went to the barn with him. He recorded a few voices asking for help and just saying hello when we were there we heard nothing until we listened to the recording. I still didn't believe. The man that owned the property said to call out to Sally and take a picture I did and my daughter which is 16yrs old and not afraid of anything looks at the digital camera starts screaming and drops the camera. I look at the camera and there is a figure standing behind me about a foot taller than me. I still am not afraid I thought it was just a flute. Later that night we head home which is about an hour an a half away.That night nothing happens. In the morning my 4yr old said that Sally wants to play with her my, 4yr old did not know anything about last night but could have over heard us is what I was thinking. We asked her who Sally is and she said a little girl in my room at this point my 16yr old and  boyfriend are a little freaked out. The second night we go to sleep and I have a very bad dream about a demon coming though the window on my side of the bed and taking my 4yr old and me to hell. When I wake up I am out of breathe I look around and realize it was just a dream. As I am going back to sleep I feel something grabbing my ankle thinking that the kids or my boyfriend are playing a joke I get up and check the end of the bed no one is there and everyone is still sound asleep still I think my mind is just playing tricks. About an hour goes by my boyfriend gets up asks why I m up I say I cant sleep. I asked him why he is up and he said I thought something was grabbing my foot and so our story begins. Our the next few months 5 to be exact doors open and close by themselves windows start opening we find DVDs stacked flat against the window no cases just the discs and when my 16yr old walks in the room they fall. We find all the draws and cabinets open one morning and the next they are taped shut none of which we did. We start finding our bibles in the oven and the dishwasher. My boyfriends dad calls some people to help us they study our home and hear some growling. They send our picture to a lady they know that help with some of there cases. She told us things about each of us that we hadn't told each other and that there were 3 black figures in the corner of our bedroom. And then asks if anything has happened to our dining room chairs we say no and thought that was strange. She also said that this thing was not here because of Russellville that it was here because of my boyfriend from the time he was 5 or 6. A few days later my 16yr old calls my at work all freaked out and text me a picture my dining room chairs are stacked on top of my bed. Another time I was taking a bath I had shampoo in my hair someone start rubbing my shoulders and I thought it was my 4yr old I tell her she cant take a bath in the mornings I don't have time that why she takes it at night it stops when I get out everyone is still asleep including her. The most scariest is when I'm talking to my boyfriend and his expressions change and it don't seem like I'm talking to him and then it just seem to be him again. So many time I thought about leaving because we were told we were in danger I was also told if I left my boyfriend would be in danger so my boyfriends mom and dad took my 4yr old and my 16yr old stay with her dad we spent many nights camping away from the house we did hear this thing twice in our vehicle but it was better when we were away from the house. One of the things that did happen we had an argument and we both left the house when I got home all the clothes in one section of the closet we thrown out like someone or something walked out of the closet our crosses were hung upside down bibles moved and turned facing away from us we heard banging out of the closet and growling and many other things. The people that tried to help us said that it would go back being dormant but could start again at anytime. After 5 of the longest months Ive ever had it just stopped. Its kind of funny but now that the haunted houses are here that no longer scares me just mine. The movie paranormal activity sent shivers done my spine to think how lucky we are that it stopped I pray to God it never comes back!

-reply by LISA

comforting entityParanormal Activity

many years ago, I would say when I was about 10 or 11. My moms first husband left at about 4 in the afternoon and went to the daytona 500. The same night he left, approximatly 6 hours after, my mom was folding the laundry in her room directly upstairs from mine. I then heard a loud thud and she was screaming. I ran up the stairs to find my mom curled up and crying uncontrollably. I took her downstairs and finally got her to calm down and she told me

"I heard a mans voice right behind me say 'everything is gonna be just fine, he'll be ok."

she swore up and down it was Bill's (her husband) voice. But he was gone, and there was no one there besides her, my sister and me. Needless to say we moved out of that house about 3 weeks after that incident happened.

-reply by Allan Brinkler

Now here's the thing, Paranormal Activity, the movie, was lame. I know it was made off of a low budget scheme, but the idea behind it was a poor regurgitation of the Blaire Witch Project, or even Cloverfield, where immediate Camera take is translated into scenes and is thus the entirety of a movie, creating the illusion of realism to it. Some things I didn't like about the movie were:1) The Ghost-ologist, the one who said that there was a demon in the house, and that he couldn't help them, he overacted. I don't mean emotionally, I mean professionally, his acting was poor for the role. It was cliche of him to hint at the fact that he shouldn't be there right now, and that he should leave, as the demonic presence was growing increasingly aware of his unwelcome existence. It just seemed like a cheap delineation of an old horror flick where the shaman gasps in fear, points at you, and says there is a great evil spirit haunting you, and that he must flee. It's been done before, and will be done again, unfortunately.2) The camera made me want to puke cows. Just when you thought it was possible, when you sip your Cola and giggle to yourself, certain that Okara KAmi can not puke out cows, he does it. The camera had way too much motion to it some times. Now, with the given type of video take, sure you want motion, to make it more realistic, and make it seem like "oh wow this is actually happening to them, cuz he's holding the camera, seeing it." But that only matters in paranormal scenes, where something spooky happens, and your camera is moving to remind the watchers that this is a bit more real than they are used to. But when the two protagonists are having a conversation, and the man holding the camera decides to teach the damned thing how to do the irish jig, I, the viewer, found myself defying biologists everywhere. I puked out a cow. Yes, his name is Woof. Don't ask why.3) Boom scares annoy me. A scary movie is scary when the plot to it just straight out haunts you. What annoy me are the movies where they use loud sounds and sudden movements to startle the audience, then claim that this was a scare. The entire movie moved super slow, even the night scenes where the demon is walking around, until finally one last bang occurs. The door slams, or the dude goes flying, or some loud noise happens, stuff like that, and the crowd gets startled. Not scared, but startled. And this, apparently, was what made the movie so scary. I admit, the last scene was well directed, the idea behind it was tasteful and not so horribly cliche, but in the end, the girl's acting made it awkward. Was it just me or did her evil face look like like your 2nd grade teacher's smile after you broke a crayon? Okay so I had a creepy childhood, leave me alone. All in all, Paranormal Activity failed to scare me or my friends much =( But back to the topic at hand!! I am a strict nonbeliever in the paranormal. Years ago when they could not explain thunder and lightning, they said it was Zeus, displaying his wrath down upon the human race. Now, we have a clear explanation for that. Similarly, now when we hear eerie foot steps walking around in the attack while none of the boxes move, we attribute it to a scary ghost that's trying to find the bathroom, where as reality might argue that it's just a leak in the roof that's causing the water to drop in some hollow pipe, causing the foot step noises. We don't know, and that's the catch, there's no way of proving one or the other, so I guess we might as well just go with whatever floats our boat. I'd rather not believe that there is a demon behind me, breathing down my neck, right now. But hey, that's just me.