xisto Community
delivi

Web Designing Business

To Admin:Will I get more points for good post which cost more time?
If I am very clear to you I need your service and also want to proper use of my valuable time. So what should i do? To get more point will i post more with minimum quality or post with high quality?

High quality posts earn more credits and a better reputation for you as a member. Short, brief, one-line replies are considered Spam on this forum, so avoid them if at all possible.
Overall, longer, more intelligent and helpful posts are better.

Starting a business in any artistic pursuit does make sense considering the fact that you've probably got your own vision and style of what looks good, giving your work an original spin. However, because there are so many competitors out there, you really need to be serious and work at marketing your business in order to make it. You also will need to produce really high-quality work in order to entice potential customers.Before opening your business, be sure to do some market research and get an idea of what most web designers offer. Is there a particular service they lack, which you think would be really helpful? By having an extra feature like this, it gives you an edge over your competitors and gives your potential customers a reason to choose you over them. It also gives you the opportunity to charge a little extra for your work.There's always room for improvement in anything. By thoroughly examining your market and the needs of your audience, you can identify where this improvement should occur, and then provide it. This is how you will get ahead, and what will make your business unique despite the numerous other firms offering web design services.

Web Designing is indeed a good business. It does not require any capital as such, and for most it would be doing what you love most. It is also a very innovative business and requires you to complete new tasks everyday, which keeps the motivation up. It can also be profitable if you identify a market, and than target it properly. The success of a web designing business in the end depends on the ability of the coding team, the quality of support, and the creativeness in design. If you have those three you are bound to succeed. I agree that there are a lot of web designing companies out there, but if a new web designing firm enters the competition everyday, 100 web designing clients enter the market everyday.

of course it makes sense. the only question you need to ask yourself is how can i make my web design business better than the rest. maybe you can make yours more personal or more inventive or just more friendly but the main thing is make your customers happy so they will recommend it to their friends and so on.

The thing is a web site needs functionality too in many cases.Thatwould come in the form of php coding or vb script or pearl etc. Coders are like mechanics really compared to the 'web designers'who work on the cars body so to speak. One can have the greatest technical ability for coding but nofeel for the 'art' side of web design.The ultimate would be tohave both of these qualities.Then you can do it all yourself. As far as starting a web design company there is the 'sales'aspect too.It all adds up to a lot.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

A webdesigning business is a great idea. Yes there is lots of competition out there but you need to have something that gives you that competitive edge.Your designs will require good funcitionality above all else (easy to navigate, meets the needs of the clients, informative and so on) and of course the designs have to look good too.You'll have to decide which market you're going to target i.e. what type of businesses or people your designs will be aimed at. Each industry requires a slightly different website concept and you should tailor your designs to that.It would be difficult to break into the market per se so you'll probably have to start off small, give people a few freebies to get a feel for what your websites are like and if they like them, then the word will spread.You also need good customer support, helping clients to tweak your designs to match their needs and so on. Price of course is another issue, you need to have pricing that will make you a profit, sound reasonable to the clients, and match your competitors.There's alot to consider :) But it's like that when starting out any new business. You need to think of that one thing which will give YOU the edge.

I would say that opening a firm really depends on your skills.If you search Craigslist it's pretty easy to find people who need websites made, but most of them want specific skills. As long as you are capable of delivering sites on a timely manner, I think you could make it.I've actually thought about doing this myself, but I am not capable of doing most of the stuff that is being requested...Yet.

hi there web 2.0 is here and it looks good, web 3.0 is expected. The firm should take its advantages against other firms if don't have advantages at all you'll not prosper, web design depends on your artistical skills again if you don't have none , you will not prosper. To make a web design firm reliable you should do some internet marketing and put your name next the name of the big web design firms, as you know the people who really need good design doesn't care much for the money. :P

I think Web designing is a good business and great opportunity to earn money despite the fact that there are several web designing firms all over the world, still these business would have make sense due to high demand. If ever you got into these business, you just have to come up with new ideas and fresh designs to offer to your client, so you could be able to build a name in the industry.
Here are some tips on how to win the market on web designing:
1. You must consider and showcase the quality of your services or products.
2. Create a unique and extensive designs, functionality and features.
3. Make it in demand and more user-friendly compared to others.
4. Make sure to offer a reasonable cost.

Hope this will help!
Cheers!

Right now i live in Zimbabwe but i sometimes go to Malawi. In both countries there is opportunity to launch a serious web design biz but the problem is finding partners and other people who would be willing to gie it their all.

I ahve been considering starting the business on my own but i am not very good in graphics and was planning to use Joomla for the software then see about them.

I do not think it would be a great idea but i have benn idle for too long so i am confused. Can i manage alone and how long would it take for me to finish one site on my own?

Are they any peeps here who do or have done this before?

Please help!