xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
YungOdo

Do You Ever Skip Class?

As funny as it may sound, but once I have gone to the wrong class. As in, COMPLETELY the wrong class. And spent the whole lesson there, watching a movie with other peeps.And, now that I am studying at James Ruse AHS, when someone suggests to skip...HELL NO! Unless I want to get expelled later on :)I have missed out on about 40 days in 3 years altogether, as I have spent 2 weeks travelling, and other times I had to see a dentist or was sick.

No way. I think skipping class is just too risky in my school with such high discipline standards, and would put myself at stake of possibly being severly punished. Besides, since we're blessed with a chance of having education, that millions of children and youth around the world do not have, and we have to invest that time in school anyway, so why not put it to full usage and learn, rather than skip lessons and end up with possible discipline cases and learning nothing at all. Though I agree, sometimes lessons are boring, and the lecturer or teacher just bores you.

No way. I think skipping class is just too risky in my school with such high discipline standards, and would put myself at stake of possibly being severly punished. Besides, since we're blessed with a chance of having education, that millions of children and youth around the world do not have, and we have to invest that time in school anyway, so why not put it to full usage and learn, rather than skip lessons and end up with possible discipline cases and learning nothing at all. Though I agree, sometimes lessons are boring, and the lecturer or teacher just bores you.

Yes, I support your opinion. It is too risky, but, most importantly, only about a half (I think I am wrong, but anyway) of the kids have normal education.

However, even in modern countries like Australia, there still are problems with education. Especially with aboriginal people and their families. Not only that more than a half are unemployed due to unfulfilling the qualifications, but they even do not understand WHY you have to learn. I cannot remember the community, (I think it was "Tiwi", in Australia), it was sad to watch the video about them.

Sorry for offtopic

I sometimes skip some lessons if the teachers annoy me, or I don't like the Class teacher.If I am in a bad mood, then I'll go walking outside, or inside. Sometimes the teachers or a TA comes out to annoy me aswell.I hate them!

I started skipping classes since elementary school lol. Usually the first lesson,i always used to miss that mainly because i got up really late and it was very annoying to run from home to school. So i used to take my time and walk slowly :). Teachers didn't really mind at that time Now that i'm in high school things are a little different. I always try not to miss the first lesson and almost always i never skip class. That's because my school is very strict >_<. Teachers call your parents every time you're not in school.I still skip physical education though because i think it's the most unnecessary class that there ever was!!!! even better than english.

I haven't been in school for a while, but in my opinion it's stupid to skip classes when you're paying for your own schooling. There were people like that at the university I went to, and no matter how smart they seemed when I met them, they inevitably made for below average study partners.

I certainly have never skipped a class. I have always made it a priority that I take school seriously and that I suffer through every class. I can't tell how much I have wanted to skip French class though. The teacher and the French language/culture drive me close to insanity! Nevertheless, I have attended every class and have always maintained excellent grades. Taking education seriously is very important to me and I view it as the key to a successful future. I plan to attend a prestigious university upon graduation.

I never skip a class. And I never have. Even though most classes are boring, it can be fun if you have nice people around you. And you don't want to 'miss' anything special that happens in class. I once saw a classmate falling out of the window and falling on to the roof below it. I wouldn't have want to miss that.Further I think that if you skip classes you will not learn everything you need to.

I've never skipped a single class when I was in School and in my College as a Fresher. Once I moved to the second year of my college, I started skipping classes. I'd go to the Lab or Library preparing for anything interesting rather than playing in the classroom on my Mobile. I used to participate in many extra-curricular activities so I had to skip many classes.But I seldom skip Maths or any Programming classes as I loved them :lol:Those were sweet days which I long for ^_^

I usually only skipped class if I couldn't get a homework assignment done that day. I was kinda afraid of teachers yelling at me. Sometimes they let me turn it in the next day.Also for senior ditch day. That was fun. <3

Interestingly enough, I'm skipping class right now. I do have an excuse, though. I can barely move. I pulled two back muscles yesterday. Stupid hereditary bad back.Anyway, I don't usually skip class. I only ever skip when I need to finish a project for another, more important class. That's rare for me. Last year, though, I skipped too many classes. I had an 8:00 a.m. class that I missed a lot. Even when I was there and on-time, I would fall asleep in my chair. The class was boring and long, and I hated it anyway. I guess that's really no excuse, but it's all I've got.My advice: don't ever skip class. Also, don't sign up for classes before 9:00 a.m., no matter what you think you can handle. When you start college, you automatically lose about four hours of sleep every night. It just disappears. Seriously. And finally, pick a major you enjoy so the classes don't all suck. As for general classes, just focus on living through them.

Ummm, I'm 16 years old and I skipped class when I was 13, but only because I thought it was fun and it'll make me more popular among my friends. I was highly stupid those days, I wouldn't think of anything other than to hang out with my friends (which made a very, very good use of me, to write their homeworks, to tell me to do something and then make fun of me, you guess how it goes). Because of those days I skipped school, I had serious trouble with my parents (but not with my teachers, because they were good :lol: ) and they urged me to leave those friends, and find new ones. I did that, but because my characther is asocial, it was hard for me to fit in a new friendlyness and I currently stopped going outside, partly stopped talking with my friends, I did only 1 homework for a friend 'till now, but it's because he doesn't have money/knowledge to make a paper about something - he must search the web, and he isn't capable of that.Let's get back to the point - I never skip school, 1 year ago in high-school I skipped only 1 day throught the whole year and only because I had to go somewhere. Skipping school is bad ^_^

I generally tend not to skip class, unless I'm injured or sick (in that case I'd have to go home/sick bay etc.) even if it is a class I really hate. Of course, when I am expecting an unfavourable bit in class (such as an oral presentation, and it is not my turn yet) I'd "go to the toilet" for a longer period than usual... But I have not fully skipped a class... yet.