xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mistikpso

Relief For Bug Bites using Plantain or white mans foot

Using the common plant, or weed as some may call it, Plantain, you can help releave bugbites. Wash a leaf of Plantain under water. Mix it into a pulp by chewing the leaf into a pulp creating a poultance. Then apply the poultince to the effected area. If you are trvaling i suggest putting a band aid on the area to keep the poultance in place. remember, only chew or digest plants that you are sure 100%, not 80%, not 95%, a 100%!Also if you know any other common remedies for bugbites using plants please share your knowlage!

This is awesome, I have tons of bug bites right now and they get very annoying. The one thing I would ask for, though, is what the plant looks like, could you give us a picture and where to find it so I know how to get it?

That's interesting, I'll have to give it a try, plantain is common here. It prefers to grow in compacted soil, so look for it along pathways. I wonder if you can grind it in a morter and pestle instead of chewing it for the bug bites or does the saliva help too? Cause I'm guessing the stuff tastes pretty bad.

I wish I saw this a few years ago during my trip to morocco! There were bugs and creepy crawlers everywhere. I came back home with bits and rashes plus there where millions And millions of weeds and plants to chose from.

Rubbing a white mans foot on a buggered patch of flesh strikes me unsavory, unhygienic,, unpleasant, and oh so..stinky. Not unlike mingling virgin Canadian hemp oil with genetically altered corn rendered in Monsantos evil lab of Franken-food horrors. Might lead to fungus-among-us or god/goddess knows what else. If I must be compelled to rub a human foot on a fresh bite, than so be it, but please make it an aboriginal, preferably black footor at least one with some measurable melanin. Give me color! For I have suffered long enough at the invasive and alien alabaster foot of doom. The pronoun I here is used loosely, as I imagine others can relate to this irreverent take on the white foot the foot that has long kept natural man underfoot and enslaved. Jhalips link sheds further light on the plants entomology, wherein the site master elaborates on enghishmens (i.e., white) foot. Appropriate that they also reference Britain (englishmen), an empire with a long, illustrious history extending their power by keeping aboriginal peoples underfoot.

Right. Now that Ive had enough fun subjecting yall to my very subjective (and twisted) interpretation of the plants origins, there are actually some practical measures one can take to keep the bugs off. First off, if youre of the female persuasion, consider yourself as likelier bate for various and sundry parasites. Not sure why this is. But if youve ever enjoyed an all night kegger with friends on a long summers eve, take note of the mosquito complaints. The majority tends to come from women. One might appropriately think this is because women are more likely to complain when something hurts. Youd get no argument from me there. If something bites me, youre going to hear about it. But it turns out theres more to this than simple psychology. I could probably dredge up the link if anyones interested, but a study I recall concluded that mosquitoes do, in fact, prefer to feed on the fairer sex. The theories submitted were mostly conjecture, the hormonal factor sounding most plausible. If someone were to patent a product that masks the scent of the pheromones these parasites seem most attracted to, we might likely do away with bug bite topicals.

Apparently theres still too much money to be made in insecticides and expensive pharmaceutical band aids. Perhaps for the same reasons youll never see industry present a cure for cancer, we may never see an effective pheromone insect blocker. In lieu of the technology purposely kept suppressed from humanity, we are left to our own devices. Thus, it is heartening to see topic starter address the botanical alternatives we still have access to, that is, before the FDA makes them illegal. Yes, any government capable of declaring a plant illegal (think cannabis) is capable of much worse. Plans are in the works to make it impossible for you or I to purchase Vitamin C without a prescription. This is but a start, of course. Other botanicals one could use as bug bit ointment would also be subject to the draconian Codex Alimentarius: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ultimately, rendering oneself an inhospitable host to parasites is the final solution. Eat raw garlic at every opportunity and avoid genetically modified food, most prevalent in factory farmed meat. But when you do get bit, a few things do come to mind. I spray any initial break in skin with hydrogen peroxide (H2o2) and follow with a thin application of betodine iodine. Let dry, then cover with botanical of choice. The botanical, unlike a band-aid, will allow your skin to breath and subsequently heal faster. One might start with a purging paste of neem and turmeric. This paste has long been used in India for dealing with all manner of ecto-parasite related infections. Follow up with a light glaze of honey. Yes, its sticky, but the bees knew what they were doing.