xisto Community
Thorn

Google Vs *other Search Engine* Which is the best???

Now, do you think that there is a better search engine out there? Or do you think it's GOOGLE? And do you think Google is against yahoo and all the other search engines?

To me, I kinda like the search engine dogpile... It may not have a lot of search results, but that's ok. It has the best search engines all piled up into one! (visit Dogpile.com)

I prefer using google. To me, i seem to always find what i am looking for within the first page or so. If i am looking for something hard to find, i still normally get it in the first 5 pages which is amazing. Their site is simple, easy to navigate, and very reliable.

I prefer Google, but the only bad thing is that it dosent allows to go over 100 results for a searched term.So i dont prefer Google for hunting information, there are a huge number of Search Engines that provide good results than Google and they also go deep into the net and there is no limit of results.Live search is also more better than Google, Live search has realtively a smaller index than Google but produces more relevant search results.

Google its easier and faster but I just hate that it only searches for the word your looking for and not the thing you really want. and I don't think yahoo is against google at all but yeah google is better than most search engines I think I saw one other but can't really remember what its called plus google also have its own youtube video search, well if you search videos it mostly all youtube.

I reckon google is the best. it has 3.5 billion websites nearly, thats 1 website per family.

But yahoo search has nearly the same number of websites than google. I got this from CNET news.com

"When you're No. 4 that plays well; when you fall off, you tend to lose phone traffic. And if you don't have the right relationship with Google to find out what you could have done wrong, you're out of luck," Ahern said, noting that this can have a dangerous domino effect. "If you're not ranked in Google, Yahoo won't list you. It's incestuous."

But i still think google is better by instincts and also its got 99.999% better features :XD:

I prefer google for searching the information but when I don't get it in google I pass to Live search it's pretty good too

Google is THE best search engine because Google is one of the only engines that uses specific commands and key words to find what you are looking for, it has a relatively Gigantic Index and is very rare that Google won't find what you are looking for.

Google has special commands like

inurl

allinurl

intitle

allintitle

site:

define

and lots more that customizes your query into a more manageable and specific size.

Google also has a built in phone book index and serves as a four function calculator as well as a stock ticker, all by the things you search!

This is I think topic for nothing. You can know that google is the best search engine on web. I prefer google too and why? It is still fast and very useful. Nice design and there aren't stupid advertisements. This project have big future and I don't know people that are not using it. And as you can see it is best because many crime film where are detectives looking for smeone or something on internet they are using google :XD: And it is true because you find all on this google :) But i think google can make some skins..I like this but new skins (themes) will be good too :D

to be honest, after i left yahoo and ask jeeves for google all those years ago, I havent even looked at another search engine. I do get what i'm looking for with google, so i'm not too eager to change. But it doesnt hurt to keep your options open

I would choose Google, couse it has the largest database of websites in the world. It is one of the less search engines, which could find Bulgarian pages :P I think AltaVista could compare to it, but ... It's not as full as Google. Also Yahoo is in the same situation B)

As many have stated google is the *BLEEP*! :P
Is simple and relieble, but digging and hunting can be long and hard
to find specific information, and google isn't always the right tool.

But i think google can make some skins..I like this but new skins (themes) will be good too B)

I like the theme logo that google, have spiced up from time to time like Olympic Games, holidays.
But it would be nice having Css styled themes choosing from user to user.