xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
misterhh

Oh God I Hate Ipod. Oh god I hate iPod.

Im not too big a fan of ipod but they have some great products if you are going for simplicity instead of style. The mac is pretty good aswell, but im not too much of it either. But both are great products, you get simple and good for the same price as the last , but over the other things, I will choose ipod or a cell phone that supports mp3. But I have an older ipod aswell, so be happy.

I'm surprised no one is mentioning the utter garbage of having to ship your iPod to get the battery changed. You call that simple and user friendly? It's sounds like a smart way for Apple to make sure you buy their overpriced batteries.

I have the uncontrollable urge to contradict the statement about the prices.

Name a couple of 'great alternatives.' I like iPods for it's durability and plus, from model to model, they haven't raised the prices. If fact, you get more for you buck.

Model - Year - Price

First - 2001 - $399, $499

Second - 2002 - $399, $499

Third - 2003 - $299, $399, $499

Fourth - 2004 - $299, $349, $399, $449

Fifth - 2005 - $299, $399

Each model growing in gigabytes for the same price seems very generous to me.

(Source: http://appleinsider.com/article/?id=1770)

I think Apple is doing quite nicely :XD:

Notice from rvalkass:

Any material copied from another site MUST be placed in Quote tags. Sales data copied from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod.

Yes, each model has greater space, but hard drives have also become drastically cheaper. If someone did the math I'm sure they'd be surprised at who relatively dropped their price more: Apple or HDD manufacturers?

i know you might think the zune will be better for you based on comparison sites, but come on, try a diff kind of ipod, like the itouch.. but is the zune really better?My answer to this is no. Most of this comparison sites are stupid, won?t even compare it to the actual itouch? So what are the advantages? HD radio? Who listens to the radio nowadays? Last time I checked we bought iPods bc we wanted to listen to the music we wanted to listen.. Not random music, neverless.. Uhmmm I have an itouch and have 3 radio apps in there?yeah so much for the advantage? Yeah woo you can connect your zine to your tv? Bc we are all just dying to do so?? No again apple has apps for that, plus we have better app alternatives? don?t we? Although the zune might end up being equally great, it will never defeat apple?. As for the song buying? I know i dont buy songs, plus most older people have their music collection set and ready to go already?. :) im writting to you from my tumblr app on my ipod, cant beat that can you? There are still a lot of question marks. Zune HD pricing is currently unknown. Microsoft won?t even say how big the device?s hard drive will be.It?s too early to say whether the upcoming Zune HD will be just another victim of the mighty iPod, but I think that it has the potential to be the iPod Touch?s most capable competitor. And there is a real chance that it can put Apple on notice. With an app store, comparable pricing to the iPod Touch, and high capacity, its chances may be good.

i know you might think the zune will be better for you based on comparison sites, but come on, try a diff kind of ipod, like the itouch.. but is the zune really better?
My answer to this is no. Most of this comparison sites are stupid, won't even compare it to the actual itouch… So what are the advantages? HD radio? Who listens to the radio nowadays? Last time I checked we bought iPods bc we wanted to listen to the music we wanted to listen.. Not random music, neverless.. Uhmmm I have an itouch and have 3 radio apps in there?yeah so much for the advantage… Yeah woo you can connect your zine to your tv… Bc we are all just dying to do so?… No again apple has apps for that, plus we have better app alternatives„ don't we? Although the zune might end up being equally great, it will never defeat apple…. As for the song buying… I know i dont buy songs, plus most older people have their music collection set and ready to go already…. :P im writting to you from my tumblr app on my ipod, cant beat that can you?
There are still a lot of question marks. Zune HD pricing is currently unknown. Microsoft won't even say how big the device's hard drive will be.

It's too early to say whether the upcoming Zune HD will be just another victim of the mighty iPod, but I think that it has the potential to be the iPod Touch's most capable competitor. And there is a real chance that it can put Apple on notice. With an app store, comparable pricing to the iPod Touch, and high capacity, its chances may be good.

Not sure if you intended it as such, but this post reeks of Apple elitism/fangirl-ism/whatever-you-want-to-call-it-ism with a last-second statement to save it from said -isms. ;):P

Every MP3 player is going to have its pros and cons. I do extensive research in everything I propose to buy, and I can say that the iPod isn't exactly a slouch... but then again, it's not exactly showing its true colors when one person says something bad about Apple and a thousand people call that one person an Apple-hater, a retard, a Microsoft follower, etc. There's just way too many people that don't say a lot of bad stuff about the iPod, and Apple's practices with trying to hush up owners of exploding iPods (same issue with exploding Lithium batteries in laptops and cell phones) kind of have me miffed... not to mention having to already pay an arm and a leg to be part of the trendy, Apple crowd.

With that being said, I'm looking into the iPod Touch 2G because the functionality of it is outstanding. It's literally a small PDA and not so much an MP3 player anymore, and my main incentive is Skype capability on a feature-packed device since I'm looking for alternative means of communication for when I go overseas. I'm reading rave reviews (of course... who would say anything bad about Apple?), but I'm not looking forward to having to deal with the horrible iTunes software.

Someone mentioned that iTunes is easy and blah blah blah, so I must be retarded in not knowing how to use it. (Too bad I didn't state that I'm computer-illiterate and unable to adapt to new things.) What I don't like about iTunes is that it is REQUIRED to interface with the iPod. I'm used to dragging and dropping and not having to deal with crappy software. Why is it crappy? Because I run Windows XP and not an Apple OS, so of course, iTunes will run like crap, no matter how speedy my computer is. Not the fault of XP... it's the fault of Apple and their genius in making iTunes sluggishly slow on a PC in comparison to a $1999 MacBook Pro. Makes business sense, right? Duh, but it doesn't give enough of a reason for me to fork over my paycheck for a laptop and only pisses me off.

Not to mention the crap you have to deal with when servicing the iPod. Some of these things are built so that you have to bring it to the stupid Genius Bar (yay for oxymorons!) or void the warranty and risk not being able to use the right geeky powers to bring it back to life if something goes wrong. A handful of consumers are lucky enough to meet the right person and literally trade their old iPod in for a new one... and then there are some that are not so lucky like Renaissance and his iPod with the conveniently-built-in battery.

Basically, when I think about it, it's like having to pay more for necessary evils to play the elitist and enjoy a possibly-superior product... or at least be able to wave the Apple logo. My Creative Zen Vision M was awesome and was better than most of the iPods out when I got it, had more space, more colors, more vibrant and quality video quality, more space, blah blah blah... all of which doesn't matter because it was so awesome that someone broke into my car and stole it. Thankfully, portable multimedia devices are more affordable now. If I'm going to be buying anything Apple, it would have to be an iPod, because that would be the only thing I could remotely see as affordable starting at about $160 for a second-generation piece of tech that I can actually flaunt and not get stolen... well, because everyone else seems to have one as well. :P
Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

Ipods are fine by me... I actually like it. It's better than the mini ones that you hang down in front of you, because you can choose songs easily and everything, when you have to keep pressing the skip button until you get to your song in those other mp3s.The only setback I see in the iPod is it not being able to play and blare music out loud - you'll have to buy a bulky player for that. But then, it helps Apple make more money, doesn't it?

Rayzor edge, don't get an iPod touch 2G until the new iPod touches come out, or get the new one when it comes out. There is supposed to be many more features and possibly a camera, which would be nice. As for running the iPod without iTunes, it is completely possible if you run a jailbreak. I'm a fan of the itunes software, but I completely dislike the fact that iTunes doesn't play most lossless file formats. And that the only videos that can be put on iPods are .mp4 and .mov. Yes, that's right, iTunes will tell you that the video that plays fine on your computer won't go on your iPod (but they play fine in the Safari browser in the iPod touch).The Genius Bar people rarely help me in my issues, but Apple restricts what they can do. They can't take anything apart, which often has to happen to solve my issue. Be careful with iPod touches. They get stolen all the time, but thankfully mine hasn't been stolen. I wouldn't be suprised if iPod touches get stolen more than the other more expensive iPods. One more thing that I don't like about iPod touches is that there isn't much space. The maximum size is 32GB, which isn't that much if you like movies or TV shows. Just pay attention to the file size of the music you put on. Often you can downgrade a 10MB mp3 (provided that the song isn't long) to a 5MB mp3 without the quality being so bad.

Don't you worry... I'm probably not going to be able to afford one for quite some time. I was just looking to shop around and settled with the iPod Touch 2G. Depending on what new features that a 3G would offer, I may or may not change my mind.

If I actually am in the position of snagging one, I'm definitely going to figure out a way to make the damn thing work for me and not the other way around. Such a rebellious statement against Apple: I'll pay you to buy your stupid product, but bet your *ss that I'll change it to listen to and watch what the hell I want, darnit! ;)

I don't see why people would buy an Ipod. You are forced (at least is my understanding) to use only DRM-protected media from the Ipod store or whatever it is. And you can't just toss on any videos you want.The best media player I had so far was the Vision:M. It would play *any* audio/video files, and you could convert as much of it as you wanted into an external hard drive. It also had a microphone for recording your own stuff, plus built in AM/FM radio with the ability to pause or record the radio as it streamed.There was a picture viewer as well but I never used it.I just see the Ipods as a more expensive, yet inferior, product.Even the Zune has more features than Ipods, although still less than the Vision:M.

Yeah, make it work for you. You shouldn't have to pay for a headache. Apple tried to make jailbreaking illegal, but that got nowhere. Not exactly. iPods can play unprotected media and normal mp3s. Infact an album that I downloaded in wma format-Itunes converted it so that it would play on iPods and iTunes.

Yeah, make it work for you. You shouldn't have to pay for a headache. Apple tried to make jailbreaking illegal, but that got nowhere.
Not exactly. iPods can play unprotected media and normal mp3s. Infact an album that I downloaded in wma format-Itunes converted it so that it would play on iPods and iTunes.

Still too much work - converting.. I like being able to toss on songs in any format (whether it's WMA, MP3, OGG, MIDI, or anything else) and it play them all without any issues.

Or for video you can do .avi, .wmv, .quicktime (forgot the actual filetype), .rm, or anything else you want.

I just feel with Apple you are *paying* to limit yourself.

Yeah... that's the bad thing with Apple though. If you have to buy one of their products, you have to make it up with support by buying ANOTHER of their products...And another and another...That's how they earn so much money.And the reason why people still keep purchasing products from Apple? Because they have more features than what other companies have the offer. They're different.

Yeah... that's the bad thing with Apple though. If you have to buy one of their products, you have to make it up with support by buying ANOTHER of their products...
And another and another...
That's how they earn so much money.

And the reason why people still keep purchasing products from Apple? Because they have more features than what other companies have the offer. They're different.

Almost every Apple product (well, as far as I've seen EVERY product they sell) has a competitor out there with not only more features but also a cheaper price. From the Iphone to the Ipod to the Imac to anything else they sell, there is better.

The thing you are paying for is the brand name. It's just like getting a $10,000 T-Shirt because it says "Ralph Lauren" instead of a $1 from a sale. The only difference is the name, not the quality (generally... Some clothes are cheaply made... But in general).

Almost every Apple product (well, as far as I've seen EVERY product they sell) has a competitor out there with not only more features but also a cheaper price. From the Iphone to the Ipod to the Imac to anything else they sell, there is better.
The thing you are paying for is the brand name. It's just like getting a $10,000 T-Shirt because it says "Ralph Lauren" instead of a $1 from a sale. The only difference is the name, not the quality (generally... Some clothes are cheaply made... But in general).

Maybe, maybe not... to me, it seems like iPod is the best choice in terms of mp3 players... it has lots of memory space, more than what you'll ever need, looks nice, and has a good layout that is easy to use. But that's just because I haven't used anything else before.

You might be right though... iPods might sell better just because it is made by Apple, but I still don't know why anyone would pay extra just for the brand name. I actually prefer things with no brands on them (especially paper and notebooks and stationary), so I don't understand this concept. But the only competitors I see competing with Apple are the phoney and fake iPod look alikes that are way cheaper and all that.

I would pay more just for the Apple operating system, rather than the whole computer. They are immune to almost all viruses, and have a user friendly interface. And I never buy name brand tees and clothes (unless they are the same price). And I never buy clothes that advertise a company, unless they were to pay me. Why should I pay money to be a walking billboard? Unfortunately I have to get shoes that have the brand on it, since the ones that don't are crap. What shirts do I wear, one may ask. Band tees. The artists get more money from those sales than from CD sales.

I would pay more just for the Apple operating system, rather than the whole computer. They are immune to almost all viruses, and have a user friendly interface.
And I never buy name brand tees and clothes (unless they are the same price). And I never buy clothes that advertise a company, unless they were to pay me. Why should I pay money to be a walking billboard? Unfortunately I have to get shoes that have the brand on it, since the ones that don't are crap.

What shirts do I wear, one may ask. Band tees. The artists get more money from those sales than from CD sales.

*high five*

Yeah, for some reason I only like plain and BRANDLESS things... the plainer the better. I opt for simple, not complicated, and I really hate brands...

And really? I never knew that artists get more money form selling fan Tee shirts than selling CDs... that's really weird, as their main income should be coming from what they are actually doing (making music and creating new CDs) not the side, optional accessories...