xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imskaterpunk

Virtual Keyboard And Screen

hey did anybody hear about the virtual keyboard for pdas and other mobile items? i think they should incorporate the vrtual keyboard into real computers so that you dont waste space with a real keyboard. and virtual screens that would be awesome not only would be space saving but you would never have to worry about getting fingerprints on the screen or ruining your precious LCD screen

Do you have a link for us to show these 'virtual' keyboards and monitors?I really don't understand the concept too well until I see pictures sometimes. :P

Well here is a website that talks about the virtual keyboard, and I will have to say, I wouldn't mind having one of those :P. Here are a few images for them as well:

Posted Image

?!Fast reply isn't working.. or is it just me..Anyway, those keyboards will never be as fast as real ones. Similar to wireless keyboards or mice... It's cool, but slow

It wouldn't really save space though. You'd still need a clear area on your desk or table to project the keyboard onto. Plus the keyboard layout is very different to anything most people will have used before, and would take a very long time to get used to. Great if you want to type on your PDA and are willing to sit down and find a clear area to type, but not practical for laptops or desktops.

Oh, forgot to include that this device was featured in CSI: Miami where a secretary was posting her blog during her office hours which was connected to her PDA in her purse.It's a nice and fancy idea but not practical yet--yes, it requires one to clear/clean the desk before using.I can see some hotshot lawyer with his expensive executive desk, with nothing but a flat, thin monitor and this projected keyboard...along with bluetooth headset and black leather couch... ha ha ha