xisto Community
TikiPrincess

Do Men Have Monthly Cycles Like Women? Women envy the male gender

I usually love being a female. Despite my findings in this thread, I still believe that women can do just about anything that a man can do at least as well, if not better. However, I have to admit that I envy the male gender at certain times of the month and when I go camping. (It's far easier to pee in the bushes when you don't have to squat.)Why can't guys have an annoying monthly problem so I don't have to envy them every time I have to suffer through mine!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified as per request.
Edit: This was originally under "The Vent." Apparently, someone modified the topic title to something that did not reflect the intent of the original post, so I asked BuffaloHELP to change it to something a little more appropriate. Thanks Buff! Edited by TikiPrincess (see edit history)

Wait... compare the common man to the common women and man has some supiorer abilities. However the scale goes both way. And I dont believe how you said that was the right way to approach the subject, saying that a women is equal or better at anything a man could do. This only proves your ignorance in a broad matter. Sure females does pee in the bush, and they get monthly problems, but they also man great qualities. They tend to be able to transfer data between the right and left side oftheir brain quicker than men... while men typically use there left side (i think its left) more, which shows for their logical/common sense. And yes a male brain is generally 10% bigger, with 4% more cells... but a females brain has more nerves and therefore has a smaller more efficient brain.Now beside intelligence, which I find we are all equally dumb, because you can have dumb girls, and dumb boys, and less dumb girls and less dumb boys, you can go on to the matter of the body. Both genders tend to have their qualities... men are hunters, agrressors... women are nuturers. This is simply genetic. If you don't like the facts, don't make up your own. Yes, some males and some females have the same qualities. Everyone is mixed.. the facts are simply based on typical/general results of tests. And yes, some girls can do everything a man can do and better, and some men can do everything a girl can and better.

Bla Bla Bla, hay kid its rule of nature, we can't go againest it. simple to say No way out. I suggest you to keep something with you, like artificial stuff , i hope u can Understand boys have some advantage on girls :P"Wow you have great knowledge about that stuff , i realy admire"

Notice from Plenoptic:
Please the edit feature instead of double posting.
Edited by farh1n (see edit history)

@9Block * Please note that I said I BELIEVE that women are equal to men in almost anything. I was not stating this as a fact, simply expressing my beliefs, as you have expressed yours. There's no need to jump down my throat for thinking that a woman could possibly be equal and, dare I say, BETTER than a man at something. Maybe it's just something your slightly larger brain can't seem to comprehend. I'm sure you've no doubt heard this before, but "bigger is not always better."

Of course, you seem to have missed the ACTUAL point of this topic, so maybe I can put it in terms that you might actually understand:

Women menstrate (bleed from the uterus) every month, which can be an annoying inconvenience and cause discomfort. I wish that men where blessed with a similar plague so that I would not have to envy them every month while I am suffering. I also wish it were as easy as unzipping my pants when I have to pee in the woods because it's rather uncomfortable and messy to squat.

I hope that I have simplified my language enough for you to comprehend so perhaps you will be able to stay on topic.

Wait... compare the common man to the common women and man has some supiorer abilities. However the scale goes both way. And I dont believe how you said that was the right way to approach the subject, saying that a women is equal or better at anything a man could do. This only proves your ignorance in a broad matter.

Watch it buddie. i know you are not dissin' my homegirl tiki :D lol, but for what men are superior in women do make up for in other areas (e.g men are typicaly stronger, but women tend to be more flexible) and in some cases women are better than men at somethings, and you need to learn it ang get over it. And you got WAY off topic :P thanks bud.

And she is not ignorant By the way :P

Sure females does pee in the bush, and they get monthly problems, but they also man great qualities. They tend to be able to transfer data between the right and left side oftheir brain quicker than men... while men typically use there left side (i think its left) more, which shows for their logical/common sense.

Logic/common sence :P I'd like to meet a man who is logical/has some common sense, scine most of the men i knopw are stoopid male chauvinist pigs *cough* like some people on this forum *cough cough*

And yes a male brain is generally 10% bigger, with 4% more cells... but a females brain has more nerves and therefore has a smaller more efficient brain.

Size doesn't matter, honney bun. Like you said, just because it is bigger, doesn't mean it's better.

Now beside intelligence, which I find we are all equally dumb, because you can have dumb girls, and dumb boys, and less dumb girls and less dumb boys, you can go on to the matter of the body. Both genders tend to have their qualities... men are hunters, agrressors... women are nuturers. This is simply genetic.

Oh so your saying that women can't be better hunters than women? I beg to differ.

If you don't like the facts, don't make up your own. Yes, some males and some females have the same qualities. Everyone is mixed.. the facts are simply based on typical/general results of tests. And yes, some girls can do everything a man can do and better, and some men can do everything a girl can and better.

OKAY NOW YOU HAVE ME ANGRY tiki did not make up something, she was meerly expressing her opinions, she like i, is sick and tire of the male chauvinist thought of women aren't equal to men. The fact of the matter is, women have to put up with a lot more than men do- take the pain of child birth for example.

Bla Bla Bla, hay kid its rule of nature, we can't go againest it. simple to say No way out. I suggest you to keep something with you, like artificial stuff , i hope u can Understand boys have some advantage on girls :P

"Wow you have great knowledge about that stuff , i realy admire"

Don't you bla bla bla us, UNDERSTAND? Yes men do have some advantages (although i HATE admitting it :P) but you must understand that God created us all equally, and in what ways we are not superior to men we make up for in other ways. And DUH of course she keeps stuff like that with her when she goes camping do you think she goes Au Natural... I sure hope not for her sake :D

Always got your back tikiprincess :P

I'll let my sensitive side do some thinking on this topic... :PI think there are both good and bad for being born with a specific gender. There are many unrealistic expectations for both sexes. Yet, some expectations are that you act according to your sex. The philosophers will try to teach you it doesn't matter who you are or what you are, but the world will make sure you are put into where you belong... it's a contradictory yet perfectly well balanced role that, we, each of us will play in this game called, "Life." Sounds like I read the game box? No :PTo be honest, I would not want to have women's biological cycles. I will admit it sounds messy. And I bet it's a very annoying event especially you may have to schedule your activities according to the monthly cycle. Rather than the typical statement of "you know what" envy, I can see why certain concession would prefer to urinate standing up. It can be of a sport during certain time of the year, during certain idiotic periods :P While women's body is preparing for the miracle of life men do not have it as easy as you might think. How come we, the men, have to sweat so much? How come we stink when we sweat? Why is that some men have unbelievable amount and strange places where bushes of hair would grow but the place that's needed the most (the head) loses once we hit a certain age? We can fart and joke around about how disgusting we are among men yet we suck our guts in whenever a woman walks in front of us? Why are we expected to make more money, fetch hard labor, work longer, do more, and be the first one to go downstairs with a baseball bat when a strange noise is heard in the middle of the night? I want to stay inside the covers, too :PAll kidding aside, I have gone camping with women and I can see what cumbersome it may cause. When women are stressed out nothing exciting can cheer up the situation--until the stress goes away. But there is one aspect of this timely biological sign that us men, well at least I, are envious. That is women have strong support group and medical science researchers who are dedicated to one specific duty. I have not heard any commercial on a television promoting a wonder drug that can fix men's bloating symptoms. Not one medical support that can help out male mood swings and there isn't a name for it! I mean c'mon, we have feelings too. Although it may not be as sever as women's, men do experience monthly changes. It's just not noticeable externally. Some people call it "jackass" attitude or worse and some people may not even know the symptom and call it, "a gas." But men are taught not to express such inner emotions that who knows, there could be hundreds and thousands of men who go through painful days unnoticed.

But there is one aspect of this timely biological sign that us men, well at least I, are envious. That is women have strong support group and medical science researchers who are dedicated to one specific duty. I have not heard any commercial on a television promoting a wonder drug that can fix men's bloating symptoms

You should not be envious in this department either. Medical advances in years passed far favor the male problems than they do the females. For example, how many men do you know that have been neutered when diagnosed with prostrate or testicular cancer? But let them find a lump in a womans breast, and bang, off those babies come.

But as to the original question about do men have "periods" I say emphatically, YES!!! Years ago I had a boss who was regular as clockwork. I used to tell the other girls in the morning, "Ok, be on your toes today because he is going to be cranky when he comes in." Sure enough, he would roar through later eating everybody out up one side and down the other. After he left they would always ask me how I knew he was going to be in a bad mood, and I would just tell them it was his time of the month. They thought I was a bit silly, but it happened month after month. Thank god he had his period the week after mine, or there would of probably been serious consequences. I don't think we could of stood each other.

You should not be envious in this department either. Medical advances in years passed far favor the male problems than they do the females. For example, how many men do you know that have been neutered when diagnosed with prostrate or testicular cancer? But let them find a lump in a womans breast, and bang, off those babies come.

No, not always. Actually, most women when they have breast cancer, do not get mastestemies (i can't spell lol) They now undergo chemo therapy and radiation. only when it is absolutely necessary do they undergo that operation :P And, buffaloHELP is right, there are many cases in which women's care succeeds the mens care. But the scale goes both ways. And anyways, they make sure the lump is cancer first DUH!

Well I hate it when guys just have this feeling that they're better than us. It's like sometimes they don't have a right to do something, and if you say something its like "Yeah, shut up and go back to the kitchen." It's annoying, I never tell them to shut up and go back to lifting weights. Sexism is just annoying, both ways.

For me girls are better at many ways. I always wanted to be just one day at girl's body. It makes me horny when I saw theirs clothes :XD: And why I'm talking they are better?:1. When they want sex man don't tell NO2. They can find a boyfriends for a while3. When they are thin it is more then better (Man if is thin he can hard find a girlfriend)4. etc :)Is there someone as me?

Why can't guys have an annoying monthly problem so I don't have to envy them every time I have to suffer through mine!

to the topic at hand is that do men or should men have one of their special monthly cycle?
while we cant set a schedual to it but the closest thing i can think of is nocternal ejaculation,nocturnal emission, also know as a wet dream. it mostly hapens to tenagers and young adauls(dont know how to phrase that) it's when a guy ejaculate ssometimes has an orgasim while sleeping. like for girls their menstral cycles prepare for birth nocturnal ejaculations hapen when the either the epididimis or testes yah epididimis is full and needs to make room for more sperm. while it does not effect the guys nood but it does ruine a perfect pair of boxers which can be frustrating.

now to that other topic of men are better than women. anyone that thinks that any sex is better than the other is just plain stupid not just ignorant plain stupid. the ability of the sex vary between indivisual.
example. my mom cooked all the time for but when she started working my dad had to cook and he cooked as good if not better than my mom.

Logic/common sence I'd like to meet a man who is logical/has some common sense, scine most of the men i knopw are stoopid male chauvinist pigs *cough* like some people on this forum *cough cough*

not to sound cocky i think i'm pretty logical and smart if all your guy friends are stupid that probably because of the way they act while i'm smart i do like to goofe around so you cant say they're realy stupid they may be just goofy.

Bla Bla Bla, hay kid its rule of nature, we can't go againest it. simple to say No way out. I suggest you to keep something with you, like artificial stuff , i hope u can Understand boys have some advantage on girls

DUDE it's stupid coments like that gets girls angry an kick your @$$

HELP ME WITH THIS!

Do Men Have Monthly Cycles Like Women?

What is it that a woman goes through once a month, that a man goes through once a year?

-question by daryl ludy

ADMIN REPLY

===========

This link might answer your questions clearly:-

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=431376

I couldn't simply not answer this thread, lol... It's perhaps a little bit odd that the thread quickly deviated from the original subject to simply talk about advantages and disadvantages of both genders. This matter (which one is better) is a stupid question. And when I say stupid, it's like someone said it already... it's not ignorant stupidity, it is indeed worthless and thoughtless stupidity.

Firstly, yes, men may (and should) also have monthly cycles like women. However, not the same hormones are affected... so, no period for men, and that's it. Many kinds of other (mostly unknown) cycles may exist, however.

As for the other questions... It's really hard to see that many people still think both sexes are equal or even that much different. The truth is somewhere in between.
So, while we all have equal *rights*, we do not have equal *capabilities*. The issue regarding brain size vs brain efficiency is actually true. Also, "just because it's bigger, it doesn't mean it's better"? LOL... of course it is, only not *always*. What I mean is that there are tasks that women may find difficult which typically require interaction over several areas of the brain. Men have greater communication between these cortices, which helps motor coordination, for example. Women however are more efficient at some "repetitive" tasks - tasks which request high processing power from one single region of the brain... That's just the way the brain has been optimized over time. Genetic info carries that over to our descendants.
Also, about the whole "hunters vs nurturers" matter, I have to say that I agree. Proof is given by genetics and the brain, again: men have more precise control over their movements and have a better sense of distance and geometry than women due to high interactivity between several cerebral areas - I believe all this, combined with more brute strenght provided by increased muscle mass (testosterone) may have helped hunting. Women however have individual areas that developed more extensively and as such, are better listeners, better readers, and could also distinguish colors better, for example. This specific capability is associated with identifying non-poisonous food (color matters). Had we switched places while maintaining the same abilities, our race would probably perish lol.

So, it's not just being equal. We had different tasks several thousand years ago... and that's still inside our DNA lol (slowly, very slowly changing).

specific commenting, now:

Logic/common sence :lol: I'd like to meet a man who is logical/has some common sense, scine most of the men i knopw are stoopid male chauvinist pigs *cough* like some people on this forum *cough cough*

Unless you're somehow joking, please explain the logic behind this whole sentence to me.

Oh so your saying that women can't be better hunters than men? I beg to differ.

Sure they can. Not most women can, but there will surely be some who can. Is everything in life just plain black and white? Of course not... mostly, the world is made in shades of gray...

Bla Bla Bla, hay kid its rule of nature, we can't go againest it. simple to say No way out. I suggest you to keep something with you, like artificial stuff , i hope u can Understand boys have some advantage on girls

Men have some advantage on girls, of course. It's obvious from our day-to-day experience. Also, another thing that's obvious is that we have more cardiovascular risk, etc etc... it's somewhat of a dumb comment... lol
Also, many women tend to portray men as if they were all stupid and emotionless (just check out Mermaid711's quote). That's a lot worse than having a lot of men thinking you're a sensitive and caring person, despite having that monthly bleeding. Feelings matter, and like BuffaloHELP said, men are quite simply ignored in this matter.

Anyway, we ARE equal. In a way, each gender makes up for the other gender's inabilities. And if we look carefully, currently women have some advantages, even in this equality: they may assume women or men-like activities and tend to be well seen by society. When a men does something commonly attributed to women (small things like for example, cleaning the house or even cooking), everyone's jumpin' over him because his not man enough. That's how equal we are. We're just not looked at in the same matter.
Edited by pedro-kun (see edit history)

wow! i'll tell ya what. if you truely believe that, watch the olympics which are coming up in a week. please compare the mens and women's events. when you do, please come back here and explain to me why you believe what you do.

do men have monthly problems like women? yes....ours are women who have monthly problems. it's also very painfull believe it or not haha

as a side note, will never believe women in general are equal or better than men. men and women serve completely different purposes in life. the general qualities of women and their stregths, men will never be able to compete with....EVER! but same is true in the reverse. there are some things men have in them that women will never be able to compete with. that's what makes men and women different and unique and that's why men and women will hardly ever truely know eachother. why do you think so many books have been written to define the differences between man and women.

now i urge everyone to watch the compitions coming up. an age old tradition dating back 100's of years. please post the results as you see them if women come close to ever beating a man in this age old tradition of competition. compare the results for the men AND women and post them here! :)

I still believe that women can do just about anything that a man can do at least as well, if not better. However
Why can't guys have an annoying monthly problem so I don't have to envy them every time I have to suffer through mine!