xisto Community
Unregistered025

Hearing High Pitch Noise In My Head WHY does IT HAPPEN?

Here is something for the doctors Posted Image

i had a strange experience a few days back, i was making a phone call in a nosiy environment and suddenly i felt some strange frequency in my head probably coming from the phone [may be cordless radio frequency or something] then the noise grew on me from everywhere [both from the phone and around[ and i felt dizziness then everything just blanked out and went black for few seconds and then it become normal again

right now too, i m feeling a bit dizzy [so remembered the above incidence lol] but now there is no noisy environment, i m in fact in my bedroom

any idea why such things happen or may be i need some rest :s

cheers

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title is very important in our forum. Title modified. Topic moved.

Tinnitus (play /tɪˈnaɪtəs/ or /ˈtɪnɪtəs/; from the Latin word tinnītus meaning "ringing") is the perception of sound within the human ear in the absence of corresponding external sound. Tinnitus can be perceived in one or both ears or in the head. It is usually described as a ringing noise, but in some patients, it takes the form of a high-pitched whining, electric buzzing, hissing, humming, tinging or whistling sound, or as ticking, clicking, roaring, "crickets" or "tree frogs" or "locusts (cicadas)", tunes, songs, beeping, sizzling, sounds that slightly resemble human voices or even a pure steady tone like that heard during a hearing test. It has also been described as a "wooshing" sound, as of wind or waves. Tinnitus can be intermittent, or it can be continuous, in which case it can be the cause of great distress. In some individuals, the intensity can be changed by shoulder, head, tongue, jaw, or eye movements. More Info @ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus

From what I have heard, blackouts occur from the lack of oxygen to your brain. That's why if you "lock your legs" while standing up you'll black out (had a friend fall on me once because of that). The noise, I've had that too, but i usually only hear it when it's absolutly silent, maybe that's the lack of oxygen to the ears too? I don't know, but hopefully this helps clear up the black outs a little. :D

It's nothing to do with the brain or anything.
It is your blood pressure going extremely low

It has happened to me too... at the doctor's

Well yea, that's basically what i'm saying. When your blood pressure goes low your brain doesn't get enough oxygen from the blood, so it starts to shut down, that's why pilots can black out when they are in high G-force situations.

i agree with t3jem regarding the brain not having enough oxygen supply. you need to do a lot of breathing exercises in order to supply your body with more than enough. take note of the proper breathing (inhaling through nose, exhaling through mouth, with deep breathing). you might also want to do some exercise, it also helps with the breathing part.with regards to the buzzing sound, i believe it's either you spend too much time in a very noisy place or listening to very loud music using earphones. cellphones don't usually do that to the ear unless the opposite end is shouting at you. you might want to lessen being in a crowded place making phone calls. it's like a "duh" situation. if you're in a crowded place, and it's very noisy, the tendency is for you to shout and for the other end to shout as well (since you can't hear them).and lastly, you might want to go to the doctor for that and not to us :D despite the fact that people love to give out advices, things like these need a professional checkup.

Go to the doctor and see what's wrong. If you drink or smoke, then stop. Keep breathing. Drink alot of water. Try to ease up on roughousing. Relax a little more, get a head massage to relieve stress. Lie down when your head hurts, and close your eyes. Maybe you can also spend less time on the computer which might hurt your eyes, make you dizzy.

Edited by seez (see edit history)

I get that problem every now and again with feeling dizzy and blacking out... and I'm guessing that's it's a drop in blood pressure or something, because it's the same feeling that I get when I donate blood right before I pass out or almost pass out. Like other's have said... lack of oxygen getting to the brain.As for the high pitch noise in your head, I'm not sure if it's the same thing as tennitus (I probably spelled that wrong?) where you hear the ringing in your ears... but I usually get the high pitch noise when there is a tv or something turned on, but the sound is off. I probably have the noise in my head when it's on too, but I guess I just don't hear it when it's drowned out by the speakers.It may still be a good idea to go to the doctor though, incase it's a symptom of something bigger.

I think its actually a case of poor circulation, i get this all the time and i also get blue fingernails which is an indication of poor circulation. Not really a lot you can do about this though.

That happens to me all the time... I've fell a few times... It's really annoying actually. You have to just train yourself not to get up fast and not to go from really hot places to really cold ones. The doctor said it was because of low blood pressure because I can't stand the taste of salt of butter and eat neither when i can avoid it. I also am not a big fan of soda.

After going to the shooting range my ears ring like crazy for the next couple of days. It 'should' go away soon but if you're under constant loud noises consistently, it can be permanent. My dad whom went to Iraq, his ears ring 24/7 from all the gunfire. It'll never go away and you have to talk in a lower tone most of the time for him to understand :P

For you musicians. Protect your hearing at all costs. I learned (not the hard way) that when you listen to loud music with no hearing protection that you start to lose the high pitch in your hearing. You do not notice it but when you equalize music you start boosting the highs to get that nice crisp sound but you are actuall overdoing it. Someone might think that it sounds fine to them but when you hear it it seems like it needs more treble. That's not your opinion. That is your hearing loss. Also headphones are terrible for you. You may really appreciate a high volume but it is not worth the long run consequences. Once you lose it you can not get it back.DO NOT BE STUPID! You will be sorry!

Yeah, once while is was at my Chinese herbalist, he did something to me and told me to lay down on the bed, I did so, and at that moment, I felt extremely hot, and had a high pitch noise in my ears, than fainted.... Weird...

I have that problem too! I am surrounded by noises all day long, so I only notice it when it is completely silent. It is horrible. There are times when I can not hear it. I never have headaches, and it is not like my head hurts. It is just this high sound that never changes itch volume.

If you can, take a look at the anatomy of the ear, for example... The buzzing sound (tinnitus) can be due to problems in the cochlea. If you listen to loud music or work in a loud environment, try to wear some protection. In case you don't know, upon entering the ear, sound waves are very amplified and their motion is transmitted to a fluid inside the cochlea. That fluid will in turn move a membrane full of tiny cells which do the actual "hearing". This membrane is slightly stretched on one end and a bit loose on the other (high and low frequencies, respectively). So, if excessive motion of the fluid occurs, the stretched part may be damaged, and there goes the high-frequency perception LOL. Always, I really mean ALWAYS protect your ears. They may stop functioning, you know? lolAs for the blackouts, circulation problems, as already said, lead to decreased blood in the brain, which begins to malfunction as hypoxia grows bigger and bigger... There are some medications for this condition, all of which may have their side-effects, of course.Also, as already said, try to talk you doctor over these things, and not people in the forum. It's for your own good

I only hear it when the room is completely silent. I assume it's my bloodflow, or the fact that no one is talking, no music is playing.It could also be from loud music (we all know we do this) -- when you get back from a concert, your ears are 'ringing' because of the loud noise. There are fine, microscopic hairs that pulse a vibration along a water-like current in your ear, then your brain decodes and comprehends what you're hearing. So if it's caused by loud noise, the hairs in your eardrum are pushing the current at a fast rate.If you feel dizzy, you could be ill, or have an irregular sleeping pattern-- or some other psychical health problem.If you're hearing voices, then it's mental. Otherwise-- just switch the way you do things.Such as smoking, etc ect.