xisto Community
habbovalley

Php Or Html? which do you use?

It all depends on what you are planning to do with it, if you are looking for something fully functional, go for PHP, but still learn HTML, if you just want to make a website, just learn HTML.

First of all, you need to learn HTML. There are a lot of online resources, if you use Google. While studying HTML, I suggest you try to study CSS as well, It's for the interface of you're website. If your actually an observer, you'll notice that majority of the website these days uses CSS instead of using Tables. At the same time they also uses JavaScript and AJAX, combining them with PHP+MySQL. Which makes it a very powerful website. Good example is, of course, facebook.com :P

First of all, you need to learn HTML. There are a lot of online resources, if you use Google. While studying HTML, I suggest you try to study CSS as well, It's for the interface of you're website. If your actually an observer, you'll notice that majority of the website these days uses CSS instead of using Tables. At the same time they also uses JavaScript and AJAX, combining them with PHP+MySQL. Which makes it a very powerful website. Good example is, of course, facebook.com :)

Last time,Facebook is not good example for AJAX :P There are lots of errors with Chrome and Internet Explorer and sometimes Firefox...They need to do something to make facebook with compatibility for all Web Browsers.If you choose JavaScript for your website first lines of code should be declaring browser's name and compatibility.Then you can add libraries,because they are always working with all web browsers.Most used AJAX libs are the prototype and jquery.I don't want to add that much tutorials so i will not add them :P And try to convert ascii to hex to make your scripts more secure.Anyway,JavaScript is secure if it is connecting with PHP,which is not open-source language,and can't be read

Last time,Facebook is not good example for AJAX :P There are lots of errors with Chrome and Internet Explorer and sometimes Firefox...They need to do something to make facebook with compatibility for all Web Browsers.If you choose JavaScript for your website first lines of code should be declaring browser's name and compatibility.Then you can add libraries,because they are always working with all web browsers.Most used AJAX libs are the prototype and jquery.I don't want to add that much tutorials so i will not add them :) And try to convert ascii to hex to make your scripts more secure.Anyway,JavaScript is secure if it is connecting with PHP,which is not open-source language,and can't be read

I see... PHP is an open source language. Facebook is sooo perfect. Try to access it right now :P

i think php is good for one who wants a simple and personal sitebut for a company or a gig siteyou will need html or .xmlaccording to me go with html as its nice and easy to use and also very powerful

i think php is good for one who wants a simple and personal sitebut for a company or a gig site
you will need html or .xml
according to me go with html as its nice and easy to use and also very powerful

Wrong way around. HTML is for very, very simple sites with just a few pages.

PHP is for complex sites with user interactions (forms) and stuff like that.

There can be no opinion here, this is cold hard fact!

As usual, PHP is great for making dynamic websites, which is exactly what it's for. It's very versatile, has many more uses than HTML does, and of course, often produces better results. Technically speaking, it's a fairly complicated language, and while I'm still learning it, I find it quite hard. Very hard in comparison to HTML, though xD And well, PHP is a very strong web language, in my opinion.HTML, on the other hand, is the most basic web language there is, and it has really simple commands. Yes, it's still has a very diverse range of uses, especially for a simple yet elegant looking home page. If you couple HTML with CSS, it looks great. I use HTML in general for embedding javascript, videos, images and flash, and for some other things too.Eh, I tend to use HTML more, although I use PHP for harder things...

As usual, PHP is great for making dynamic websites, which is exactly what it's for. It's very versatile, has many more uses than HTML does, and of course, often produces better results. Technically speaking, it's a fairly complicated language, and while I'm still learning it, I find it quite hard. Very hard in comparison to HTML, though xD And well, PHP is a very strong web language, in my opinion.
HTML, on the other hand, is the most basic web language there is, and it has really simple commands. Yes, it's still has a very diverse range of uses, especially for a simple yet elegant looking home page. If you couple HTML with CSS, it looks great. I use HTML in general for embedding javascript, videos, images and flash, and for some other things too.

Eh, I tend to use HTML more, although I use PHP for harder things...

agreed.
PHP and such is for scripts mainly. like a web script and forums. it can be hard but once you have mastered it everything else fades away and all you want to use is PHP :)
PHP is a server side, HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web Pages. In an HTML document, PHP script is enclosed within special PHP tags. Because PHP is embedded within tags, the author can jump between HTML and PHP and is similar to ASP and Cold Fusion instead of having to rely on heavy amounts of code to output HTML. And, because PHP is executed on the server, the client cannot view the PHP code.

PHP can perform any task that any CGI program can do, but its strength lies in its compatibility with many types of databases. Also, PHP can talk across networks using IMAP, SNMP, NNTP, POP3, or HTTP.

agreed.

HTML is the simplest form of web code there is and is very easy to learn. able to master it in less then a month from scrach. it does have a lot of limits. so you are bound to run into situations where you will have to use a more advanced form of scripting such as PHP.

I prefer HTML, its a lot simpler, and you can get used to it very quick, php confuses me so.... HTML

Yeah that's true, but HTML also has a limit of uses, and there's a lot of things that you can't do with HTML, and you can do with PHP. Sure, PHP is confusing, but HTML is for simple web pages, and PHP is for dynamic web pages.

PHP is better for a complicated website with a lot of uses (with email forms, login forms etc.) and HTML is for simple webpages with stuff like videos, links etc.

i think learning html will take nothing in time cause frontpage do it all so php is a powerfull script to do actions and deal with database and all the world arround youyou will not spend your time in learning php in vainPHP is the best right now

You can't compare html and php, because php is a scripting language, all it does is usually it outputs HTML! But it can also output anything you want, XML, PDF and etc.HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language.

(X)HTML, although I would also love to learn PHP. PHP would be my language if I could only have a chance to learn it (if anyone can clearly explain how to install Apache and PHP on an XP Home PC so that I don?t have to have a server to test my code on, I would be very pleased). PHP is such a dynamically amazing language to learn to use! I?m just venting my irritation that there?s no easy way to learn it! And even though I?m going to college to obtain my Associate?s in Database Management (plan to transfer to a four-year college soon enough), they don?t even teach PHP in any of their courses!

Well being a HTML its easy for me but what do people use the most?Is it HTML or PHP.
It depends really on which you learnt first.
So im gonna have a poll.Post HTML for Html and PHP for php and we will see which is more popular.

Html, is quite easy. You can learn it in a while. In my opinion it is crucial to learn html and css for better understanding of the design or structure of a web page. This will help in other more complicated steps. In the other side, php is quite difficult. I mean by difficult that you must be talented and need hard work to learn it. I read a whole book about php and I understood a lot from that. Php is great if you will become a perspective webmaster or programmer. But it has lots of stuff inside to learn about. If you're doing something else, like you're a trader or a simple blogger, html and css is enough. Just a little practice of php will help a lot combined with wordpress or any other php based content management system. I just do so on my website. I use wordpress and can do so much little tricks with help of php that you can't imagine. But I am not a php geek, or a good understander of this programming language. I wish I would but this won't be my future job.
Definitively the answer is about a combination of html and php does great work. :)