xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Silly Mistake In Awarding Credits My Sincere Apology To Trap17 Members

Hello Members,It had come to my notice that we have distributed the credits to our members who have posted 12 hours before the ceremony time.I apologize for this mistake. I had to take a long drive on that very same day and I had requested Yratorm to open the topic at 5:30 IST PM instead of AM. The credits would be added to the members again.Initially, I was ignoring this issue because I didn't expect so much of dissatisfaction by some members. Also, I have been working on a new clustering project for a client's site. The credits awarding thing is a very time consuming task.Velma was made in charge of distributing the credits and I apologize to her for the inconvenience she has to go through due to this. Giving her this additional task along with the Sales burden she has (from Xisto - Web Hosting) is really going to be tough for her. Additional Credits would be given to the members who posted after 00:00 GMT.For those members who received credits before this time, We will subtract it back. These same members who have NOT posted after 00:00 will get 25 bonus credits. (Just in case to avoid any heavy credit LOSS and to keep their hosting active).I apologize once again for this silly mistake from my part.Sincerely,Xisto Management.

aww... my creds are going to be deducted :) oh well. i could still make it up anyway. no problemo. i think this would be more beneficial to those who were supposed to get the right amount of credits. fine with me really. it's not a big deal.

Edited by master_bacarra (see edit history)

Well i dunno if i posted before or after that ( i dunno the server's time). But if i loose some credits its ok i'll just make it up :). But i hope i get those extra credits XD

Well I posted before 12, realised the mistake and then posted again after? Do I not get any credits at all? I thought the ones before 12 would be deleted, and I didn't want my congrats to go :)

Well, I will make sure everyone is happy and no one loses too many credits :-)

A funny way of doing things.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Stay within the topic. One-liner is spam in our board. Contribute with quality post.

Simply following the rules as they were laid out is the only fair thing to do. Anything else irritates some of us. Yes, I was one of the complainers. I hope you don't take that to mean we complainers are ungrateful or wish ill of you or the Trap staff, we're just sticklers for following rules and not changing the parameters after the event has begun. I think I speak for all the complainers when I say we're delighted to be hosted here, delighted at the anniversary event and we were very happy with the prospect of free credits for the occasion. As for the extra work Velma has to do, I'm not going to be too sympathetic because the posts we made were all edited to show post #1, #2, #3, etc. and St. Mike said he'd send in a list to reflect the members who posted and how many credits they should get. I was satisfied that all was in order and others were as well. That's why it was such a shock to us when we didn't see the credits that we were expecting show up in our accounts. Imagine our irritation after spending all that time waiting and talking about it in the shoutbox. Anyway, I'm glad she finally told you, Shree, and I'm glad you're setting things right. I hate for this event to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth just because someone couldn't do the right thing in the first place.

I think Velma, although t is a pressurable job is doing such a great job! Opaque is also right up there spending a LOT of time making everything work and function in an enjoyable and reliable way!Velma actually did award me my credits as correctly after the initial confusion, but then I ended up giving them all away for the Jimmy's 100 credit challenge lol!!!I think it's awesome you guys decided to sort this matter out. Personally the 25 bonus credits is completely fair and more! those who forgot to post after should be so grateful, even though their credits went up and down again!

Well the other problem was that the credits where rushed to everybody because people kept on asking when they were going to get them, and so that is why the credits where rushes as they were. I know I told a few people once this started that it was put together in the last minute with little organization and so when I was writing all the names down, I was going to wait until we got enough people listed (top 40 or top 50) before sending it out, so it could be done in one shot instead of doing it over time. Although the blame game could be started, just too many things where happening all at once which made this more confusing.So with this topic made it should help out in someway I guess.

The problem with adding credits is that the Credit system requires member's "username". Many members have set a different display name instead. So everytime, the credits are added, some attempts would be rejected because it will not accept the username (as its the display name). In that case, the real username has to be fetched from the database to make the changes :-) She has almost finished building the new list and credits will be adjusted most propably by today. I got a copy of Vista as Gift yesterday.. (Very tempted to install it). Anyways, Things have been very cool so far and our projects are running smoothly now. Qupis is now much more stable and balanced. (the site which literally gave me nightmares because of spamming, phishing etc.)

Well, not to highjack the thread, but since you mention it, I've not been able to upload pics to imagefilez for the past two days. Do you know anything about that? I don't know anything about support for that site so forgive me if I'm completely out of line asking you...

I posted, early in the thread because i wasn't going to be on when the point system started, and then i left and when i came back a few days later i had points, i wasn't sure why... but i figured i was supposed to get them or something. I think, in the future two threads should be made, one thread explaining what will happen, [so people have time to get prepared and what not] and then after, when its 'time' another thread should be made, and once THAT thread opens, people may post to earn credits.

I posted, early in the thread because i wasn't going to be on when the point system started, and then i left and when i came back a few days later i had points, i wasn't sure why... but i figured i was supposed to get them or something. I think, in the future two threads should be made, one thread explaining what will happen, [so people have time to get prepared and what not] and then after, when its 'time' another thread should be made, and once THAT thread opens, people may post to earn credits.

sounds good :-)

We didn't anticipate that such massive response for free hosting credits... "what's you gonna do with all that credits, credits in side your trunk?"All kiddings aside, we'll have a different approach next time: like instead of manual award, modify the credit scoring factor by 2 or 3 for that day and let members post quality posts to earn double or triple hosting credits, instead of the usual factor.This topic is resolved. Thank you Velma for your countless efforts even though we may not fully understand how painstakingly you made sure everyone received the correct amount.