xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adriantc

A Pessimistic View On Global Warming!

Global warming...  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 years ago it was science fiction, 30 years ago it was a mere theory, 10 years ago we started to worry and today we feel threatened. Now global warming is on everybody's lips! What you are going to read is a very pessimistic view of our future...Much of Europe has been hit by a terrible heat wave. England has suffered some terrible floods... Even though we knew for some time about global warming nobody expected to change our lives so soon. After a few days with temperatures over 40C, yesterday I've seen the worst thunderstorm in my entire life (not very long since I'm only 19)... a few trees were taken down by the wind, a few windows were shattered, a kid got injured, but for the first time in my life I was scared!Oil will run out in about 40 years. But before then it will be too late, much too late, we may have already passed the no return point. In any case mankind is going to reach a dead end very very soon! I'm sure me or my children are going to see the end of this century. Nature doesn't seem to cope with six billion and it tends to balance things up.I want to see what do you think, will mankind survive and if so for how long... And if you're an optimistic what do you think we can do to stop global warming and still maintain our moderne lifestyle.

Actually I will be very happy if all the humans were destroyed along with me...We don't deserve to live after all the damage we have done to the Earth. Now that the Earth is beating us down we have started thinking green and trying to control pollution after such a long time and now that there are holes in the ozone layer we are introducing solar cars and all.Scientists have speculated that no humans will survive after sometime as "ICE AGE" is gonna hit and all the trees are gonna be destroyed and only emu, ostrich like birds will survive along with baboon like mammals :) I saw this on Discovery Channel. Well we actually cannot deny global warming for the temperatures are soaring year by year ;)I had once asked my grandfather about the weather in his time and he replied that even in summer they would wear sweaters in the evenings say around 5 :) and in our town now you cant wear a sweater even in the winters for long :)

I kind of hope that humans can adapt to the changing earth, and that our efforts in the present to slow down (because I think that stopping global warming seems rather impossible) global warming might give us enough time to prepare ourselves for the 'new future', but that's rather optimistic. Mind you, for the months in Canada when it seems that winter is never ever going to end, you don't hear to much about global warming, and you wish it would just be less snowy and less cold (which if this past winter was any indication, we might just be getting our wish now). And with the super hot summers, it's becoming insane.We had a humidex of 45 yesterday here and no air conditioning. Not fun at all, but I guess I can be happy that I'm doing my part to help the extreme heat by not using all that energy to cool myself down, but rather, not having any energy to go anything and really get nothing accomplished, because I just don't feel like doing anything when it's THAT hot everywhere.I got up early in the morning today because my sister was leaving at 5:30am, and I couldn't believe how hot it already was. Now it's almost 8am here... and the temperature is already at 25C apparently with it feeling more like 31C, but it feels like it's 131C at the moment anyway, because hot always feels hot. Okay, so I'm exagerating, because I really don't like this heat starting this early. Can't I have a few hours off each day? Sleeping was even bad last night because of the heat.They say that the world is going to end on December 21, 2012... (at least that's what those Mayan people wanted us to believe when they ended the calendar there! Yea, I read up too much about weird stuff...) and after seeing days like this with weather that seems to get worse every year, hey, it might just turn out to be true, which would give us another 5 years or so. But if that is truly the case, at least my sister's birthday is on December 21... so I can go out with a bang lol.As for velma's comment about the Ice Age that is coming our way... that would be an interesting show. I wish I'd seen it. Mind you, they'll probably repeat it sometimes, because that channel often does that. Though I'm wondering just how the Ice Age will be able to form all this fancy new ice that we are slowly melting away year after year with all this global warming. But since it's happened in the past, I could really see that sort of thing happening again in the future.

I really think that technology will turn this around and that the only problem then will be economy related, because not all countries will have the cash to invest in these technologies. I really think that something related with future ecology will be invented to help fight this problem.

NATURE LOVER

A Pessimistic View On Global Warming!

I believe global warming is going to destroy the earth and we should all act NOW to prevent it

Lets recycle human waste and use it to run our homes

Love liv xxx

-reply by OLIVIA RESNAIS

My view on Global Warming is SIMPLE, I am in a slight disbelief about it after people make wild predictions and then they expect us to all go and cry about it. YES, Global Warming might be a consequence for our actions but if we look back into the past we have seen that there have been periods of high temperatures during the middle ages which did not cause permanent damage. I have heard a theory that it is sun spots that cause it, I highly doubt this theory, but the point I am making is that Global Warming may not be as prevalent as we think.In Australia, last week a politician and all the major weather bureau's predicted a massive king tide that would have been caused by Global Warming. This did not end up happening, the result was a very average-small tide, which was in fact smaller than most days. I think that before we all start making these crazy, I think we need to all look at the facts, remember the Y2K bug, what was predicted then didn't happen, remember the Cuban Bay of Pigs and the nuclear bomb that was going to destroy the world, I don't think that happened...

you know, honestly and this will start some beep here most likely but I feel as all this GW is nothing but that a big load of horse beep. I will tell you why I feel like this too1. we as a humams really do not know for a fact of what happend millions of years ago. we do not know why or what really killed off the dinosores, only a guess. Could it have been globle warming? could the earth had become so hot that they all could not breath or find food and died?2. we as humans really have not kept records of the weather and climent changes for that long. how do we really know what happend 500 to 1000 years ago? we don'tfor the 2 reasons listed, I say BUNK on all this globle warming. this is only as phase that this earth is going through as it has many times before. We can only guess at the real true age of the planet. we dont have a true date to go by, even a year or anything. Records are not around to know what it was like. Yes mankind is hurting the earth, that I will agree with. but I do NOT and Will Not agree on this globle warming thing. This is something that Al Gory Gore came up with just to try and get elected a few years back, and you see where that got him. So no there is no such thing as Globle warming. it is only a phase.

the funny thing is, not too long after the big "Global Warming" uproar, the same scientists and researchers that created this pseudo-disaster to push their political and ideological views on the world came out and almost blatantly told us there is no such thing as global warming.but since they don't want to admit their mistakes, they merely changed it from "Global Warming" to "Global Climate Change"now we have no way to complain or disprove their theory. if it gets abnormally hot, the global climate has changed. if it gets abnormally cold, the global climate has changed. personally, i call this "Global Season Change"Mankind is completely incapable of creating the world, how can we possibly be able to destroy it?

Actually I will be very happy if all the humans were destroyed along with me...We don't deserve to live after all the damage we have done to the Earth. Now that the Earth is beating us down we have started thinking green and trying to control pollution after such a long time and now that there are holes in the ozone layer we are introducing solar cars and all.
Scientists have speculated that no humans will survive after sometime as "ICE AGE" is gonna hit and all the trees are gonna be destroyed and only emu, ostrich like birds will survive along with baboon like mammals :P I saw this on Discovery Channel. Well we actually cannot deny global warming for the temperatures are soaring year by year :D

I had once asked my grandfather about the weather in his time and he replied that even in summer they would wear sweaters in the evenings say around 5 :P and in our town now you cant wear a sweater even in the winters for long :P

Well you should not go that pessimistic and actually should be a little of realistic. There are plenty of people out there working day and night to clean our *BLEEP*. We should start doing our bit and if you have time well take out some time and o more. Go plant trees.

About the grandfather thing. There is no one here who believes a person so wise and experienced. We all think we are smarter but we are not . We are being covered by a fog of materialistic life and we got ego . We never listen to someone else when it contradicts our thinking.He is right. If people don't want to believe him then people should at least believe the weather reports that summers are hotter and winter are hotter.

We should not leave hope and do our bit to save this climate because we are not the only ones who live on it. There are those innocent animals who have not harmed their mother earth but are going to face the consequences. B)

You know, and this is not gonna sound like me but. After reading all of these posts single my last one on this topic, and also Doing some reading from what NASA and NOAA have studied over the last 10 yrs, I now have to rethink my views of Globle Warming. Yes I still say that it is a phase that the earth is going throught. But I now have to add a few thoughts and findings of what We as humans have done to speed this up. Not only is the norhpolel becoming warmer but the southpole is becomeing warmer also. Water in places in the south pasific has risen 1 to 2 inches in the last 10 yes. yet there have been no changes in the Atlantic. As for what the human race race has done. Thats very simple, all our car planes have and is killing off our ozone layer that has protected us for so many millions of years. I do not claim to know anything of this, just what all I have read over the last few years on globle warming and what could be the cause or causes. But as I just said with the poler caps melting and water on the rise in places. and this is only a hunch. but sounds like maybe the Poles are becoming Reveresed. They have always said that this could happen at some point in time. Could all this Globle warming be just that? the pole switching. Just a thought on this topic.

When I was in England it never got that hot andit never got that cold.I'm an optimist but thecurrent global warming is quite alarming. I like to think that it is a cyclical natural thing that is happening,and that eventually it will just play itself out.