xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I have the best protection for my computer, Windows Firewall :P I've never gotten any virus or spam-ware.

Well, you're either very lucky, either you don't extensively install programs, browse the internet or use programs from torrents :P
I use Avast. I find it small and good, and if you register on their website you can use it for free, get updates and so.
I tried most of the freeware antiviruses, and I found Avast to be the best.

I have the free edition of Avira which is enough for me. Well on top of that, I have Spybot S&D, which has a built-in registry monitor (TeaTimer). Although it isn't just your anti-virus, if you're smart about what files you download on the internet, then you won't need to rely on it.

AVG anti-virus looks good to me. I didn't faced any problem related to memory resource and such. Other than that i tried Kaspersky, Avast, Norton, NOD32, Mcfee. Out of that Norton looks horrible as it eats lot of system resource. and many spyware goes through it. So if you've choice to choose from multiple antivirus then i suggest you don't go for Norton. Avast being free antivirus will protect as good spyware as well. Just try entering "https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=uSY5VNbWD-PY8gfL2YDACQ&gws_rd=ssl; in browser,it will flag as malicious site. Nice way to detect spyware i must say. Do install Spybot search and destroy/Adaware along with your anti-virus.

Hi... every one......

i bought my system a year ago and dun know which antivirus to buy....

then i searched and got gud results hope this will help you out.....

Best Antivirus is ....

BitDefender Total Security 2009......

and a gud firewall is

Zonealarm Security Suite.....

hope u all liked the answers...

and for any query just mail me to:-

testingpirakx@gmail.com

or

rite2alok@gmail.com

Best antivirus (Paid) is NOD32. It is light on system and configuration options are greater than many others.ESET smart security (nod32 is part of this) is a good security suite.as for free antivirus.....both avg and avira are good

I believe that if you are going to go out and use a paid anti virus program and if you are willing to pay a good amount of money to keep your computer in check I would have to say get Trend Micro. I personally don't have it I have norton but that is my opinion on what is the best anti-virus.

Long long ago,I used Norton Anti-Virus. It seems a cracked program and it seems not very good enough. It only provides some basic protection.Anyway, prevention is better than none. No matter how good or how bad anti-virus program is, we should pratices good e-mail habits ,such like don't open suspicious email. I have got one suspicious email,and which let me have to reintall my computer and os.After that,i changed to use Kaspersky Anti-Virus.It is very good.hehe:) After reinsall and using Kaspersky Anti-Virus ,I keep using my os without reinstall about two years!!!Good luck to you! :D

Well, I did use Symantec Endpoint Protection although it made my PC slow and crash, so I removed it and downloaded AVG Free instead. I personally like AVG as it takes less resources then Symantec Endpoint Protection does. However, most people have their own favourite Anti-Virus softwares so I don't judge others opinions as if they should use whatever. If others want to use say, Nod 32 or Norton etc then I have no problem as in their opinions they like that software better then others. Personally I think aswell it's sometimes rude to say/disagree/judge others opinions of software. They use what they want, you use what you want. Simple. :DBut yes, I do like to use AVG Anti-Virus because it's better for me. I don't like to install and use or manually try configuring other Anti-Virus protection software if I've never even used it before.I respect others opinions and my own. :DReguards. :D

i use Zone Alarm Security Suite, with Norton Antivirus 2004 Prodont like ZA's Antivirus, but its Firewall is really good!

Well I have tried quite a few antiviruses like zone alarm, norton,mcafee, and they work quite like the same. But there are some differences..like..
zone alarm and norton take long to to scan computer.
zone alarm may increase your boot time..ie.. login time.
mcafee is good but gives average performance on every basis.
zone alarm's firewall is very good and is quite rigid.

But the antivirus I recommend is ESET security nod32...its delivers the best performance
-- low on system resources
--manually configured and automatically configured firewall..
--quite good and fast virus scanning.