xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Well I don't have a firewall myself, I don't think that a firewall would protect my computer, If a hacker wants to get through to your computer, he/she will do it! specially if the hacker is particularly good.

I don't really know that much about firewalls but like stated above I know that ZoneAlarm is a pretty good firewall. I couldn't really say which ones are the best because I know nothing about sending viruses or blocking viruses. You could try http://download.cnet.com/windows/ and try a couple out to see which ones you like better... I just use the firewall that comes with windows.

I have used kaspersky on many computers for the last couple of years and I have to say I've had absolutely no problems. It also seems to use less RAM then Norton. Norton is just well known, doesn't mean its the best. Go for Kaspersky :)

AVG is definitely a good antivirus scanner that you can get for free.
Has anyone here heard of Google Pack? It includes Norton AntiVirus 2005 (old version i know) with a 6 month subscription. I personally don't like Norton Antivirus because of it's sluggishness, but if you can overlook that, it is quite a good package, especially when you can get it for free. The 2005 version is faster than the 2007 version from my experience.

Get it here ==> https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=eUUsVMSaJsqH8QeZ-4HQBg&gws_rd=ssl

I use the paid version of AVG. There's only been one virus I haven't been able to get rid of so far. I think I may have done it, but I'm going to get a friend to go through it and see what he can find.AVG is pretty good, anyway. Better than all the other anti-virus programs I've tried, and you don't have to pay for it.

I'm currently using Zonelabs on my bedroom PC and Titanium on the study computer. Titanium bothers me less but Zonelabs was cheaper. Zonelabs is much more active. Both as much the same to be honest though. It seems from this thread that most people use Norton's, I tried that once but it really didn't work for me.

I used to use AVG Free Edition, but it's going to be discontinued with updates soon so I switched to Avast. That combined with Ad-Aware and I've had no problems. My parents used to use Norton until it started messing up. They wanted me to look at it, and they ended up having gigs upon gigs of viruses in the vault. I told them to start using Firefox and Avast and they've had no more problems.