xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

My antivirus firewall combo is aNOD32 antivirus and comodo ersonal firewall. Both are excellent, not much intrusive. Learn easily and take u much less memory than the McAfee and Norton or even zonealarm. Moreover comodo is free.

NOD32 is the most lightweight non intrusive easy to use antivirus there is or ever can be. Updates several times a day as and when neede. Its developers are often the fastest to detect and patch viruses. And it ranks much above mcafee and norton on several antivirus comparision charts. Though Kapersky many be quite as good, I hate its intrusiveness.

I think the best antivirus software is Avast it is free reliable with constant updates of the database and software.

Hey i know that Avast is a free anti virus but it not able to scan the trojan and even new born virus as its database updating is very slow. I will suggest you that change or sift from Avast to McAFee anti virus because it is all in one and not take huge RAM as Norton anti virus.

I use Avast for my anit-virus software. I didn't want to keep paying for Norton either, so I decided to look for a new option when it came to keeping my computer virus free.I haven't really had too much experiance in the area, so I'm not sure if it's a good one or not, but it seems to be working fine for me and it's caught a couple of viruses on my machine since I've been using it. Plus I notice every so often a window pops up that says the virus definitions have been updated or something to that effect, so I know that it's staying up to date (at least more so than it started) which is nice to know too.I really want to find a way to shut of the sound effects though, but I haven't been bothered by it, cause it's only gone off a couple times, but both times I was sitting there with my sound on, and nothing playing through the speakers and all of the sudden a loud siren comes on and says there is a virus... it scares me when I'm not expecting it, so I really should go and find out if I can turn that off before I get another virus (which hopefully I won't anyway).

like what "mozilla" "Dawiss" and "paulmason411" said , i have used kaspersky for a long time and it still work like new , it won't slow down your pc u have to be sure in this case , and when u want to stop it u do in a simple and easy way .

Here the official discription :

KasperskyŽ Anti-Virus 6.0 combines reactive antivirus detection with the latest proactive technologies to provide your computer with solid and dependable protection against malicious programs.

Beginners in particular will be pleasantly surprised to find a product that is simple to install and set up, while more advanced users will find a highly adaptable product that can be easily tailored to suit their individual requirements.

and here Awards & Certificates :

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

finally i hope that it stay a great anti-virus , cuz i still using it ;)

download

Hey i know that Avast is a free anti virus but it not able to scan the trojan and even new born virus as its database updating is very slow. I will suggest you that change or sift from Avast to McAFee anti virus because it is all in one and not take huge RAM as Norton anti virus.

I would not agree with you on this one either as avast has really fast antivirus database update and it is working without any problems also it scans for any type of virus just that it does not scans for adware and such similar exploits however it is preventing them from entering or running on your computer to certain extent.

I use ZoneAlarm Pro. Has everything i need, firewall, anti virus and i with a flick of a switch i can play games that require downloads like my call of duty to scan anything downloaded in seconds and tell me if there is a virus or anything in it. Gives nice feedback on what it has done aswell.9/10

I have used many from windows, norton to mcafee and zone alarm etc. But the safest most reliable and the one with most structural integrity has been zone alarm.

The question is is there a firewall that can block and secure all computer ports?

I can't remember but i have found a website that scans for holes in ur firewall and tells you.

Notice from electriic ink:
A belated move from Hardware

I use avg free 7.5 antivirus which automatically updates its database

my os is windows xp pro sp2 and i am using windows defender and windows fire wall

I haven't had any problems with these

I use McAfee as my personal fire wall and my antivirus. It gives me a wide range of anti virus database. So I prefer to McAfee.

i used zone alarm, mcafee, norton, avast (antivirus only) and zone alarm has been my favorite by far. really easy to use, great interface and the pro version work w/ 3 computers, and thats how many i have =)

I tested almost all . Norton and zone alarm get lot of resourses McAfee is ok Sygate - for me best / 2 year on Laptop and Home PC / Black Ice and Tiny Firewall something midleMa Antivirus is Nod 32 ,Norton is OK but very large update files.

I tried using mcaffe firewall on my computer it was really good it was so good it blocked my internet connections i could not get on the internet even thou i had lower the setting i still could not get on i had to remove mcaffe for me to get on. So right now i have kaspery on my computer it does anti virus and firewall.