xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I am using Norton Anti-virus system, I do not really know if this is better than other Anti-virus programs in the market. But I think it is pretty cool, except that it is colored yellow. I just update it regularly to be sure that my computer is tightly secured from viruses and spyware. But I think Anti-virus programs have something to do with my computer slowing down.I am not sure if those free Anti-virus program works just like the one I am using. If you have not much money to secure your personal compters with those expensive Anti-virus, I would also reccommend trying those free ones. Atleast you still have something to secire your files and computer. But I f you have enough and can afford to get something like Norton or McAffee get them.

Use nod32, one of the best avs I've ever used. It light on your computer and your resources. As for your firewall, use zonealarm or outpost firewall. However zonealarm can sometimes conflict with other outgoing or incoming programs.

I always use Avast, since it will pick up viruses before they can infect your computer. However, it can use a lot of cpu (especially on my moldy 450mhz laptop XD) so I turn it off while playing games. A very good program, but for slower computers I recommend AVG or AntiVir (with AntiVir though, it's a little difficult to get used to), but other than that, Avast all the way!Just be warned that if you have your speakers loud, it will jump you when a virus is detected or the database was updated (A siren for a virus and a voice for the updates) :)

What kind of antivirus do you prefer? Which are the good sides and bad sides of the av u preffer?

i use nod32 and i didnt have many problems

nod is a very good av, it blocks many spyware/viuses(especially IMON) the best side of it is that it uses very little memory and CPU usage

the bad side is that if u get a virus in the memory nod dies,it deactivates itself

nod32 doesnt work properrly if you have installed zone labs zone alarm antispyware, they have cnflicts between themselves

Edited by BlizzarD (see edit history)

I am currently using bitdefender but I probably won't renew the license and go for a free program instead. bitdefender is very decent, especially because it integrates anti-virus and firewall. But there are a few points which led me to become more and more unsatisfied over time:It oftentimes needs to restart after an update, but the "ask for restart" option is buggy and it keeps randomly restarting the pc after updates without asking or letting you know, which can be very annoying. So I had turn of the automatic update option.Also it could be a bit more configurable, I miss some more advanced options.Overall bitdefender is a great program and all-in-one solution, but the restarting problem is a real turnoff for me, since I oftentimes needs to have my pc running without restarts.

i use AVG free edition, it has regular updates and has so far prevented any infections on my pc, its also on my fiances pc, my brothers pcs and my mums pcs, and has worked wonders on those machines too. best of all is the fact that it is free. and bundled with a good firewall and some anti-spyware tools (like spybot S&D) you have a full protection package for zero dollars

BitDefender! Though, like mentioned, that restart thing is really annoying! Since, the program updates itself almost every hour! So much lag during that process... >_< Not recommended, unless you have a fast computer.. Then, go for it.

I use Norton simply because it was recommended by loads of people and relatively cheap at the time. People always say that it really slows the system down and gets annoying, but I haven't really noticed any major drops in performance and it normally just sits there, doing it's thing, rather than anoying me with questions. I used to use AVG, but when I got a new computer I got a new AV, and also it let a couple of viruses through the net.

I also use AVG because it was pretty much the first free Anti-virus that i came across a while back and it has seemed to do it's job pretty well with the regular updates and catching almost all viruses etc. (a think on a few occassions I still got one) With programs like these, if it works then I just don't really bother to look for a different one to use, that would just create more work having to relearn how to use a program that essentially does the same thing as the last program... probably why I never wanted to use windows 3.1 way back when because I was totally comfortable with DOS even if windows was easier to use on some levels.

I also use AVG. Apart from being free it really uses a low amount of resources, and can be configured fairly easily, and quickly. I bought Kasperspy before which I loved, but didn't like the idea of paying for a product when a perfectly well respected free one was available to me :angry:.

I User NOD32 AvYou Can Download NOD32 Here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Av has This Options ::1 - AMON2 - DMON3 - IMON4 - Update5 - Logs6 - Event Log7 - Virus Log8 - NOD32 Scanner Log9 - NOD32 system Tools10 - Quarantine11 - Scheduler/Planner12 - System SetupNod32 av has real scan systemWehn Your are Working With computer Nod Scan Your harddisk or networkI User It and I recommend it

I User Windows Firewall + Zone alarm Firewall + Nod32 I think Zone alarm is best firewall because Stop the Trojans and worm by stop the file ..i think its good idea for block ports and filesYou can by zone alarm Stop all internet connections or local network'sits really nice