xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

oh n btw .. sygate has alot of useful logs .. u can even disable an application with it .. the good thing about sygate is it;s very compact in size and wont eat up much memory like others.u will no the incoming and outgoing connection if u r infected by some kinda trojan and virus.. it's a must-have for optimal protection of ur pc :rolleyes:

I use Zone Alarm, I hate it but it works fine, exept whe  you leave the computer on for a long time, that the cpu usage for the firewall goes to 90 percent, just terrible, slows down computer and all sort of problems, alot of people have this problem with the never versions of it....I use norton system works, but not norton personal firewall, just read too many negative things about it, that i don't want to install it...

I have used the free zone alarm for about a year and I never experience a problem like that. And I often leave the computer connected to the internet for days at a time. Maybe your installation got corrupted or something like that.

yeah.. zonealaram is good. Even for a home user who spends considerable time online(unless it is dial up connection).. using firewall is a good idea...zonealarm is a freeware and with todays high config systems.. it wud not affect performance much...

yeah.. zonealaram is good. Even for a home user who spends considerable time online(unless it is dial up connection).. using firewall is a good idea...

Is it not good to use firewall on a dial up connection?????

Well, firewalls tend to make your connection slower and you want to keep any speed you get with Dial up since it is very low :rolleyes: and you aint online full time (If you are you shoukd get dsl)

I've used Zonealarm before but had to take it off because it made my computer slow every time I played online games (maybe it was my video card :rolleyes: but whatever D: ). But still, since it was good at protecting my computer and its freeware, I like it. :angry:

Panda Titanium 2004.Fast , best , any virus will be deleted.Any time when I connect to net , it automaticaly checking is there some upfate.If there is , automatic download. Good thing is Automatic Protection...

my dad installed zone alarm on all the computers in our house. i tried to uninstall zone alarm from my comp but it was a peice of *BLEEP*. every time i restarted my comp after uninstalling it from my computer, it was some set up zone alarm screen. so i deleted the zone alarm directory from my hard drive. now when i start up my comp i get some stupid error saying it cant find some file like sone alarm.ink or something. i know have sygate installed on my computer.