xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I use McAfee Anti-Virus. I used to use Avast, lol, I have to admit that it's a very interesting program. With audible alerts when a suspicous file is detected, all the way to practically harassing the user to do something about the problem. :) Very interesting program indeed...

I use Norton Anti-Virus on my computer. I also run Ad-Aware for the spyware/adware issues. They both work pretty decently, though I thik that Norton might be slowing down my web-browsing. Sometimes, it will ask permission to scan certain pages, and doesnt let them load until I clikc ok....its rather irritating.

I have used panda Antivirus  before and it was realy mesing up. That was the reason why i had to change it with AVG. For now, AVG is still working fine and i aint having any problems with viruses. Either AVG removes the virus automatically or it detects it and i remove it manually.

really?but it works perfect for me. i never had viruses problem till now..

I use Spyboy Search and Destory in unison with Lavasoft Adaware. These will usually get rid of the majority of the spyware and adware. If you've been pr0n searching all day, you need to get hijackthis which will clean out the stuff spybot and adaware can't get out(you also need a virus scanner).

I use Spy bot search and Destroy, ad-aware, spywareblaster (which "supossedly blocks spyware from hickjaking/installing adware to your browser/computer) I had some other anti-spyware programs, but they were basicly the same as spybot and adaware, so I just stuck with those 2. Sometimes Norton would find thigs that Search and Destroy or adawre wouldnt' find, like some dialers.

For spy ware I run Bazooka spyware detector. Then I delete all the spyware manually. Sure it takes some time, but this is the only way to really know that you are getting rid of the spyware (since you are doing it yourself).

I use the firewall integrated in my router. It's safe. It blocks DOS attacks, just forwarding ports is troublesome. And if the app doesn't support NAT, you have a problem. And sometimes you don't even know why certain websites don't work. A friend of mine can't access SSL web sites when the router is plugged in.

I use Zone Alarm, I hate it but it works fine, exept whe you leave the computer on for a long time, that the cpu usage for the firewall goes to 90 percent, just terrible, slows down computer and all sort of problems, alot of people have this problem with the never versions of it....I use norton system works, but not norton personal firewall, just read too many negative things about it, that i don't want to install it...

sygate personal firewall is very good n reliable free firewall out there ..windows xp firewall is like nothing ... maybe the fire is not big enof to kill all those incoming viruses :rolleyes: i personally recommend sygate as it's really good .. i tried to install zonealarm but some errors occured ..