xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Hi alli'll cast my vote for ad-aware.really easy to use, quick and free (well, at least the version I have).it has a nice interface and seems to be updated regularly and often.regards,- arp

Spybot Search and Destroy is great, but it doesn't get it all, and alot of the stuff it does get, just keeps coming back. One good thing to do with windows xp, is use a limited account and only use the administrator account for installing software. Limited accounts makes it harder for spyware to be installed in the first place.

Well, the only real contest is between Norton and McAfee. Norton is better by a margin for one simple reason: They are faster at releasing new "virus definitions" (read: most up-to-date protections). Both programs are very good and stable, but antivirus software is only as effective as it is up-to-date.

I've never used Norton so I have no idea whats its interface and features are like, but McAfee works well. As for the release of the Virus Definition Files...I get an update almost every other day...which is kind of creepy...I had no idea new viruses came out that fast... :)

Spybot Search and Destroy is great, but it doesn't get it all, and alot of the stuff it does get, just keeps coming back.

ya i use the same thing it isn't much good i'm thinking of getting a new 1

Quoting Ghost Killer

are we supposed to download the full version from that link or some kind of demo which will expire after some time?

I dont want to waste my time in downloading some soft which will expire after some time

i'm using panda platinum internet security now.. and i find it guite useful. it can detect and remove virus automatically, block any unwanted connection, and antispyware.. for now i think it's reliable enough..

i'm using panda platinum internet security now.. and i find it guite useful. it can detect and remove virus automatically, block any unwanted connection, and antispyware.. for now i think it's reliable enough..

I have used panda Antivirus before and it was realy mesing up. That was the reason why i had to change it with AVG. For now, AVG is still working fine and i aint having any problems with viruses. Either AVG removes the virus automatically or it detects it and i remove it manually.