xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I am using win xp sp1 and have dial up connection. I want a good free firewall. I have found two options sygate and zonealarm. But some persons have said that firewalls can mess up your system and internet connection. So I want advice, is it OK to use free firewall and if yes than which is best for me?????

I use Norton Personal Firewall 2004, but most of the time I keep it off. It's much easier that way. I usually only put it on if I'm Googling for things.

I am using win xp sp1 and have dial up connection. I want a good free firewall. I have found two options sygate and zonealarm. But some persons have said that firewalls can mess up your system and internet connection. So I want advice, is it OK to use free firewall and if yes than which is best for me?????

I'd say go for the firewall if you really need the protection. I'm not sure which one's best since I've only used Norton Firewalls so far. Try both and find out!

Well I use Norton Internet Security 2004 and I am really satisfied because I didn't have any problems with 2003 before this one and it doesn't slow my connection at all...It has in-built firewall and norton antivirus & anti spam wich works GOOD!I would recomend it to all the personal PCs around the world.bye

I mostly use Ad-Aware, but i also have Spybot. sometimes i use them both, because sometimes one can't find all adware.....and i don't have any complains about spybot, it has done a great work for me :)

It is better to use Ad-Aware and Spybot both on your system. They work best if used together. And if you are using IE you should also use SpywareBlaster which is not a remover tool but it does not allow to enter adware to your system.

i recommend also getting sby blaster. prevents you from getting any adware any more. really great. note it doesnt remove it. but is probably strongest at preventing it.works for mozilla firefox, netscape, IE.along with sybbot search and destry as the scanning software....

Before I discovered firefox, I used ad-aware. I think it was great. But preventing is much better than fixing, which is excatly what firefox does. Since I downloaded it I haven't run a scan yet, but nor have I had any adware problems :)