xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
farmboy

This Girl Part 2 A little different from the first part

To recap here is the first part:I'm 15 and I realy realy like this girl (lets call her shawna) and I think she likes me. I realy want to ask shawna out but I just can't. My problems asking her out are that she is 17, a realy good firend of mine (who I don't want to scare off or loose as a friend), and the last time I asked a girl out she said no and I have been afraid to ask any other girl since. So now here is how it changed:I'm still 15 and her 17 and I am still to afraid to ask her out. We are still really good friends and I still really like her. I talk to her a lot on the computer and phone, but I don't see her much at school anymore and when I do we don't have time to talk. But everytime she sees me I notice she smiles and I can't control that I smile back. We flirt a lot but I am not sure if she considers it flirting or just me being me. When I talk to her she said that we have to hang out this summer. I am not sure if this is a sign of her likeing me or not.

Edited by farmboy (see edit history)

Are you kidding me? Of course she likes you, if a girl didnt like you than she def. would not want to hang out with you for the summer. And the smiling thing sort of gives it away. So its clear she likes you, just make a move or something while you hang out over the summer!

Watch a movie or go out for dinner or something, hanging out with you in summer is a clear sign that she likes you. Also remember to go soft, don't go too harsh. Pick a good moment to ask her out. Don't do it like just before an exam or something, she might not listen properly.

If I were you, I wouldn't do the above. You'll need to find time and talk to her face to face, not just text messaging like msn or email and on phone. Girls refer to boys who are in deep fear of talking to them face to face as either adorable (which is good in certain ways) OR coward (in which case they think their appearance scared the hell out from you). Go to school, find your own free time, find her and have a good conversation. And perhaps in your conversation, try to ask her out. If she says no, say it is okay and you'll ask for the next time when the time is right, and then walk away confidently with a smile.

Well look at it this way, if she is spending the whole summer with you, well she ain't spending it with some other guy now. Just think, you could be the one she likes my by taking her out, you know, swimming, walks etc. and fun stuff she likes to do. Then when the moment is right, just tell her how you feel, sounds daunting but if she has had a really good time, she'll either like you, or she won't like you in that way, but stay friends with you.Friendships are only ruined by those that cannot reliese the other doesn't like them and move on and be as they were friends, they try to impress and make the other like them which in turn pushes them away from you. Which isn't good thing to do considering you like her both as a friend and more. Don't forgot flowers one time, maybe even small girts for things. I gave one girl a single rose one day, she asked what it was for, simply said: "Because the mornings are gloomy, stepping out the door, to your beautiful sunshine, makes my mornings the best" <-- and that was in the morning when my brain don't work so, all is possible.

Well i have no clue how old all of the other people who replied to this are, but as a 21 yr old male, this is what i would do. First of all, if you are really good friends and already hang out together outside of school within the same group, she might not actually like you in that way. She might just be acting herself around you. However, if this is not the case, I would think she likes you. How much one would never know unless they asked. What I would have done back when i was 15 or even 17 i just would give her a call and ask her if she would like to see a movie. Since she is 17 and probably drives it might be a bit ackward but if she wants to pick you up go for it. Otherwise, just meet her there. Then watch the movie and if she moves close enough at some point, just put your arm around her or hold her hand. Now at this point you will know exactly how she feels based on her reaction. If she moves closer or squeezes your hand then you know she feels the same way, if she seems to make the situation ackward or uncomfortable, then you know that you have miss read her. Either way, there wil be no hard feelings and all of your questions will be answered. After the movie, go get ice cream and you can ask her out there or just hang out like friends. If all has gone well, give her a kiss good night.Since i was 15, i have followed this exact advise more times than i can count and it always works. There never are the bad feelings afterwards and the results are obvious.

To recap here is the first part:I'm 15 and I realy realy like this girl (lets call her shawna) and I think she likes me. I realy want to ask shawna out but I just can't. My problems asking her out are that she is 17, a realy good firend of mine (who I don't want to scare off or loose as a friend), and the last time I asked a girl out she said no and I have been afraid to ask any other girl since.

So now here is how it changed:
I'm still 15 and her 17 and I am still to afraid to ask her out. We are still really good friends and I still really like her. I talk to her a lot on the computer and phone, but I don't see her much at school anymore and when I do we don't have time to talk. But everytime she sees me I notice she smiles and I can't control that I smile back. We flirt a lot but I am not sure if she considers it flirting or just me being me. When I talk to her she said that we have to hang out this summer. I am not sure if this is a sign of her likeing me or not.

Yo man the same thing happened to me. I followed the wrong road though: I didn't ask her cuz I was shy and nothing happened. So... there you go now you know what happens when you don't do anything. So just go for it and ask her out! Don't be scared and just go for it. If I could've went back in time I would've just went for it.

When somebody loves other, he/she doesn't look the age. No matter the girl is older than you, I know many girls who prefer boys younger than themselves. A recent story is that of Ashwarya Rai, Miss World and now a film actress in India got married to Abhishek Bacchan who is younger then her.So my advice is give it a go and lets see what happens. Best of luck.

like what the people here mentioned, age doesn't matter. for me it does :lol: i only like those of the one year ahead of me down to two years younger than me. anyway, if you really like her, age should not be a problem. people who are into age are the first one's who'll judge you (of course i'm an exception :D) but you should not mind them and what they say about your soon-to-be relationship.with regards to both of you being friends, a great relationship starts with good friendship. your relationship will be a stable one if you're friends with her. i know you feel like you might destroy your friendship if you take it a step higher, but i think time will tell if both of you are ready to take it up a notch. and if you want to take it up a notch, you just have to make sure that whatever happens, both of you should be friends. it's kinda disappointing that once a couple splits, they really don't care about each other anymore and despite the previous friendship you've developed, it becomes awkward to maintain that friendship because of the break up. i guess the proper closure would have helped ease the breakup. right now, you need not worry about that, just continue your friendship with her, and that's something you'll cherish later in life.you just need to gather up some guts so you could walk up to her and ask her out. she already gave you a sign (her smiling at you), and that means you should need to do what you need to do. there's nothing wrong with you if you're going to ask her out. i think you're only paranoid about what people might say about you going out with her. don't listen to them. in fact, you shouldn't care about that.just keep your cool and everything would be fine.

There was a friend of mine who got a new Car.His car is in the Garage and he is waiting for the day when all the Traffic lights in the City are Green.The point is how will he know untill he takes his car outside.So buddy give it a shot, as i feel she would say yes.Its better to know the result rather that ponder too long over it.