xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
yachts360

Minesweeper Trick!

Just to share:

Minimize or close all running applications. Launch Minesweeper, then type xyzzy. Next hold down shift key for one second. Now when you move the mouse cursor over a Minesweeper square you will see a tiny white pixel in the top left corner of your desktop screen. This pixel will change to black when your mouse moves over a mine. You may need to change you desktop background to a solid color other then white or black to see the pixel.

It works

Notice from truefusion:
Quote material that is not yours.

This sounds odd, im not saying it doesnt work but its weird. If it was a cheat then why such a small indication of only one pixel changing colour? And if its just something that happens due to a bug then why does it happen?Its odd, i havent tried it yet because im at college but there ya go.

Just to share:It works

Notice from truefusion:
Quote material that is not yours.

I'm not reading this! You should alert people that this is spoiler. Now and then i like to play minesweeper, and thank god i didn't read this couse it would kill the game for me.
Warning peeps - it's a spoiler :)

Neat little trick, spose it's so small so you can fool your friends into thinking your some master minesweeper player :) . That's what I'm using it for. Pretty nifty that's for sure. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not reading this! You should alert people that this is spoiler. Now and then i like to play minesweeper, and thank god i didn't read this couse it would kill the game for me.Warning peeps - it's a spoiler :)

It's only a spoiler if you try it.

It's only a spoiler if you try it.

well sometimes only knowing that you can do something really spoiles the game. that's why i didn't read it, and i don't know it now. but i think author of the topic should've mentioned it's spoiler at first place :)

It's not a Spoiler. It's only a Spoiler if you use it. Besides that the game is still great if you dont use it. Read it or not it's still a cool trick to use when you want to beat someone.

It's not a Spoiler. It's only a Spoiler if you use it. Besides that the game is still great if you dont use it. Read it or not it's still a cool trick to use when you want to beat someone.

Umm, i think you are wrong.

Spoiler (media), a comment which discloses plot details of a book, play, video game, or film or is intended to distract attention from a rival

And it is usual to let people know when you are about to tell a spoiler so that they can either turn around and walk away without knowing it, or stay and listen to it.

really cool trick if it works. I use to play that game a lot but i could never beat it. This would defiantly ruin the game but it would certainly be nice to win for once. So thanks for the trick i will defiantly try it out.

Ya, it works. I completed a 99 space sweep without even looking at the map. I'm ganna bet my teacher on this or something. nice trick.

If someone actually discovered this on their own, I'd feel sorry for them. Regardless, it's a pretty cool trick. I sat here reading it, "There's now way that works." So naturally I tried it. Haha I bet ninety percent of the people who read this will try it.

matak, Wikipedia isn't that reliable. Even if someone trusted that source it's irrelevent, Minesweeper has no plot.

Edited by Mago (see edit history)