xisto Community
Carnage

Ps3vsxbox360

Which one is better(In Your opinion)  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of your post i approve of, but i would like to put across my view with some more points:

so think about this:

Are the games rushed titles made purely to extend their line up

Would they have good gameplay

How good is the online part of each game as once you've completed each one a couple of times online is great addition. (I've been playing Call of Duty 2 online for months and it's still my top game. This is on xbox btw! I have almost forgotten it has a single player campaign as the online is so great.)

Are they fun to play?

This is very important in any games console, also the online gaming aspect is growing very quickly obviously as more and more games have this feature, some of what is majorly important to any game or console is just what you have said above.

Yeah one good game for PS3, but most of them are copies from other consoles/computer systems simply for the PS3 with nicer graphics - NOTE these will also be on Xbox so ignore these games when choosing.)

I belive that their are many games that are better or even worse on any given console, these version exclusives really annoy me as they would receive a wider market on many consoles (mainly because i have the other console that it isn't one) to add this, most games are copies from other consoles/ computer systems because that is what happens to all games they get portted to all consoles sometimes for the worse.

I would definitely say xbox, even when looking at the two honestly. I spent ages deciding myself, looking at the actual facts not warbling a descision like everyone else seems to have done whether they love sony or microsoft. Bear in mind Xbox360 really doesn't feel like a microsoft product (or look like it) if you hate microsoft. And if you hate sony, get an xbox anyway!!!

To me personally, i have a PS2 but i wouldn't play any old games on a PS3 anyway so i am back to square one. I want a clear winner because their are games on both systems that make me swing to either console. For example the Xbox has great games like Halo (obviously) gears of war and Graw (i know its on other consoles but much better on xbox) whereas the PS3 has games like LAIR which looks fantastic and the new tekken and metal gear solid which may never port to 360. Assassins creed is going on both consoles so it doesn't make a difference but still a good game.

The xbox is not cheap mate!! but neither is the PS3 which is certainly one almighty step up in price.

You say the PS3 is excellent and the xbox is ok. Pretty sure you based that on absolutely nothing. Specs are almost identical (xbox out performs PS3) so the only difference is games.

As you say xbox has the more games (might I add the better game selection is for xbox) so why bother with a PS3. Get the fun console. That is an Xbox 360

Firstly i didn't mean cheap i just meant cheaper. I also based the opinions of "ok and excellent" on my personal experiences of each console, the PS3 seems much easier to use and control for me and the xbox seems as if it isn't quite as good as it is suppossed to be, yes i know the PS3 can be a big let down at times aswell, but on both consoles there are no must have games that lie specifically on one console for me. The specs don't worry me as i have analysed them time and time again (yes i am a huge geek.)

Finally, i will wait to the end of the year before making any decisions (as i have no money at the moment and need to save up to get one.)

Sum up i guess:

Specs: virtually the same

Loading time please watch this video from gamtrailers and see the waiting and waiting for both consoles (i am ashamed at the PS3 in this) http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

To me the console winner really will have to wait for me as it is still hazy for me as they are both fun and not just the 360.

Also, what is with the Elite 360 not playing HD-DVDs, it might struggle there in the HD movies department.

I'm still thinking what to get..........

in my opinion i like the ps3 a lot better i think it offers better graphics and lots more features, despite not too good online supports, best of all all the games that are coming out, that i've seen, are great and i've always liked the playstations :lol:

in my opinion i like the ps3 a lot better i think it offers better graphics and lots more features, despite not too good online supports, best of all all the games that are coming out, that i've seen, are great

and i've always liked the playstations :lol:

Y'know, people simply saying that they like the PS3 or that they like the Xbox isn't going to help the debate; I think we should build up a strong list of the top games for Xbox and PS3... How about it? (I'll put it in a side by side table once it grows!)

Also, with the HD-DVD issue for xbox...

Also, what is with the Elite 360 not playing HD-DVDs, it might struggle there in the HD movies department.

Think of it this way, do you really need it? And when you decide you do, you can simply add it onto the console, so whatever way (and you can always sell the hd player off afterwards!!), you get the option instead of being forced to pay the higher price that works out about the same in the end, just with more choice!!!

PS3

LAIR

Metal Gear Solid

Xbox360

Halo Series

Crackdown

More Dammit!!!

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

PC rocks!!!!! But PS3 is definitely a meaner machine than xbox 360... But coming more than a year after xbox 360, it got delayed a lot.... and din't deliver much increase in performance. Id say both suck. We could have had better. PS3 costs a bomb... way too high. Stupid on Sony's part.

Edited by srujanlive (see edit history)

PS3

LAIR

Metal Gear Solid

Tekken 6

Resistance: Fall of man

Xbox360

Halo Series

Crackdown

Lost Planet

Splinter Cell Conviction

Thats all I can think of right now.

ok here's some game that i think that are realy good *i really found interesting

PS3

Timeshift

Assassin's Creed*

Tom Clancy's EndWar*

Haze

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Heavenly Sword **

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Final Fantasy XIII

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground *

Devil May Cry 4*

Xbox 360

Forza Motorsport 2

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Haze

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction *

halo 3 **

Tom Clancy's EndWar

Assassin's Creed

Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII *

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground *

Devil May Cry 4*

theres a lot more and a lot to come for both :lol:

if ya'll want a technical comparison check it out here

Hi guys, I will say PS3, I love the games on Xbox 360 but its not reliable I had the 3 red lights 2 time and with my PS3 I had some problems with the the PS3 freezing but noting serious. I actually was able to find a solution for my 3 red lights problems in a very good tech support site. Here is the page 3 red light solution. But I am sure it will happen again soon. I am also sure that ps3 will come up with new games soon!

i would choose 360 over anythingps3 is too laggy on the internet plus way overpricedalso 360 has a better online game service :lol:

Yeah, I actually just got a 360 Elite for free and from the PS3 that I have used, I think the 360 seems to run much better IMO than the PS3. The PS3 consistently had lag problems and really the only thing that matters is that Halo 3 will be coming out soon. That should make the decision obvious :D

Xbox 360 is a lot better than PS3. The PS3 has a 2.5Ghz processor in it. The Xbox 360 has 3 of them running simultaneously, and the 360 came out first. Yes, the PS3 has a 60GB hard drive, so just buy the 120GB from Microsoft. They have made a transfer lead as well, so you don't need to lose your game saves or the Xbox Live Arcade. Also, Xbox 360 has games dedicated to it, while PS3 does not have any. The 360 has games that are miles better than PS3 games. If the first two are anything to go by, Halo 3 will be absolutely mind-blowing and Resident Evil 5 looks like the best of the series so far. What does the PS3 have? "Motorstorm" and F1.Xbox rules!!

I have read a few articles comparing the hardware specs/amount of games/cost ect. And while I was a PS2 fan over the xbox... xbox360 has undoubtably taken the lead in next generation. Wii is a joke in my opinion. Something for pre-gamers.. (ages 3-12) you know, those children who aren't big enough or can handle the games for xbox/ps. However, while Xbox360 is dominating, PS3 has been said to be able to out perform once developers can take advantage of the hardware which wont be for a couple years yet. Remmeber, double-layered blueray discs can hold roughly 50GB... imagine how many various objct skins, and how large of a level/game could be developed. I'm just dreaming of GTAIV, how large the level will be and ... i cant even finish. (wipes drool off keyboard)

I think that for the price of each one of those you could upgrade your existing pc into a good gaming pc that you might also even use for work. Halo also comes out for pc, Grand theft auto too, and if you want to play the old games, then there is the emulators..

Edited by FLaKes (see edit history)

I'd have to say PS3 wins. I'm not a Sony fan boy, but I have played it (A few games) and loved it. I don't dislike the Xbox360 but it was abit dissapointing.Offtopic abit: I HATE THE WII. My friend has it and only uses it for Legend of Zelda (Which is alright) and WiiSport (Which sucks after the first ten minutes). :D

I say that the PS3 is better. Basically for everything said before (blue-ray, games, etc.). But the PS3 graphics capabilities are just as good as the Xbox's if not better. It has also been announced that no company is using the full capabilities of the PS3. The problem with the PS3 is that the games are more complicated to make so most companies only use about half the power (also was announced), including a lot of SONY games. The games that were announces last year but are going to come out in a year. I expect those will be the major games for the PS3. The PS3 was I think released early as well. Why? Because they update it every 2 weeks or so and it is getting better. The PS2 and PS3 are kind of like opposites. The PS2 was really simple and came with a lot of simple yet good games. They weren't very advanced (Halo) like the Xbox's but the Xbox didn't have many of them. Now the PS3 is the most complicated and is going very slow. But if you are patient and value quality over quantity then the PS3 is way better. It would also help if you were really rich.