xisto Community
Carnage

Ps3vsxbox360

Which one is better(In Your opinion)  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PS3 is a better system.Example:Madden 08 runs at 60 fps on the PS3 and only 30 on the Xbox. Thus a smother game playing experience. I am not a fan boy by any means however I have had both and I will say that the Xbox does seem more reliable because my PS3 does get very warm. However I have had no problems with either. As far as online, PS3 = Free xbox = pay. That right there ends the discussion. The abilities are the same with both online systems just one is Microsoft esq and the other Sony. my 2 cents

Console specifications are a lot like statistics in that you can really change perceptions by paying special attention in selecting what you measure and how you go about measuring it. Microsoft may have been the first manufacturer to announce its next-generation console, but in order to gain that advantage Microsoft also had to reveal its console specs first--giving a fat target-list for Sony's marketing team. Do you really think that Sony would have even mentioned the 51-billion-dot-product-operations per second number during the PS3 press conference if Microsoft hadn't boasted that the Xbox 360 could do 9-billion-dot-product-operations per second? What if we told you that Sony combined the CPU and GPU performance numbers to come up with the 51-billion number while Microsoft only reported its CPU performance number? The Xbox 360 actually has 33.6-billion-dot-product-operations per second if you also include GPU performance. We're not saying to ignore specifications altogether--most of them are relevant in some way or another. And we're going to talk about the specifications that really jumped out at us at first glance. Let's start with the processor. Sony has announced that the PlayStation 3 will have a 3.2GHz Cell processor that consists of a PowerPC-based core with seven synergistic processing units. The PS3 spec-sheet says that there's an eighth SPE reserved for redundancy--whatever that means. The Xbox 360, in comparison, has a multicore PowerPC processor that has three dual-threaded cores that can handle six total threads at a time. You might be able to call the Cell's SPEs overgrown math units, but we think Sony's Cell processor wins from a brute power perspective.

Notice from rvalkass:
Please try and avoid making duplicate topics. I have merged this with the existing topic on this subject.Also, please stop signing off your posts - its against the rules.

right now you get more for your mony with 360, however if your preparedto spend that extra bit ore you will never regret it. I,ve playedon both online and offline, and I can't see any difference in gameplay.The new xbox + ps are comming out in 2014, and xbox online costs ?26. It is now 2009, so even if you buy the new consoll the moment it comes out, you save (26 x 5) ?130.

also new games and exclusives will come out in time for the ps3 so basicly in the end you save money and get the better consoll with the ps3

hoped this has helped