xisto Community
soleimanian

Note Pad 2

Note Pad 2

NotePad2 is small developed editor software. NotePad2 like Notepad is a small and flexible freeware but with additional tools and features.

Here are some of Not Pad 2 capabilities:

1- Drag and drop text like Microsoft Word.

2- Find and replace text with an enhanced dialog box with additional options.

3- A small toolbar like Microsoft Word Pad.

4- This freeware highlights script codes such as : php, asp, java script, C, VB and …

Not Pad 2 support following Operating Systems: All Windows.

Note Pad 2 Official Web site: http://www.flos-freeware.ch/

Wait so this not Note Pad ++ then? because if I remember correctly note pad ++ more or less did the same thing or is this a more improved version of note pad ++? For me though I like to stay with simple stuff with notepad because of it's simplicity and not all the bells and whistles it took from a html editor. From taking a look at some of the screen shots I wouldn't be calling it notepad anymore maybe more like a simple html text editor like you would see back in the days when everyone was spitting out html editors left and right.SMALL NOTETHIS IS THE OFFICIAL 300,000 POST OF Xisto.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Cool, notepad is one of the top 10 applications that I use. I like its simplicity and its felixibility, I can do many things with it.

It looks pretty good but I'd probably go with Notepad++. Notepad++ has some base improvements and otherwise functions with plugins; so you can pick what you want. For example, Notepad2 has HTML editing abilities as does Notepad++, but Notepad++ also supports programming languages such as java. Link: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Cool! :( I like using notepad sometimes, if I can't be bothered with Dreamweaver :) And I always wanted highlighted/different color text for different codes! :(Thanks for the link :) I will definatly have to give a try

This seems pretty awesome. I like the way it numbers each line. ^^' I already use notepad a lot, so having an improved version of it is good in my book. =D

I like notepad and it is to some extent the best thing microsoft has ever produced and it was in fact the beggining of the computer revolution and maybe and probably the first software as this. Today there are many text editors but notepad survived.

Yeah this is pretty much notepad ++ . The only difference is that it aint got a panel at the side. + there is no installation which makes it pretty darn ...(:P)... You gotta click 'RUN' every time you wanna RUN it

Personally, I've never really liked the idea of adding extra functions which are not brilliant, into a program designed for something else: if you need an html editor, get an html editor!As for a notepad editor, I personally use the "editor" that is included with xplorer2, since it has lots of useful functions on its toolbar, including "goto line" and so on: all stuff that is useful for everyday notepad use, but I still use notepad occasionally

Thank for your share....note pad 2 is easy to download va edit text file like webpage file or text file from wordpad,word,...And It support following Operating Systems: All Windows.Easy to use Also I Know A sofware Which is more useful than note pad 2.it is em editor.let search with google to find this softIt can help us to edit text file or webpage file easily .

well, truthfully, i have always used textpad. it is my favourite editor for everything. it is good for coding up everything, especially web design.

it has a very friendly user interface and can be customised to suit your needs (for me, it is web designing needs, but i pride myself in knowing all of the code i need to use (html, css, javascript etc.) off by heart, so what i have open in the left toolbar is hex colours, something i always have troubles with :)

i only use notepad for quick use, when i cant be screwed opening up textpad. maybe for very quick changes.

i originally had the textpad evaluation version (just about the same as full but with nag screens telling you to pay up). i like using it for various reasons, such as:

-code colouring. - if you are editing something like a java source file, textpad colours in different parts of the syntax with different colours. this helps me see the "pattern" of the code when scrolling through it and looks better than notepad

-word wrap. - instead of having to go to the edit menu (in notepad) to make the text of a long line wrap to the next, the word wrap option is on the tool bar, so it only takes one click (or a keyboard combination press) to turn it on or off.

-line numbers. - you can have line numbers displayed (they are shaded light grey and to the left of the page. this helps with debugging code. the debugger might say "error on line 13" or something like that, and if i was still using notepad, i would have to count the number of lines manually to get to the right one. now I just scroll down till i see the right line number. a great time saver.

-view in web browser button. - if you are editing a web page and want to see what it looks like in a web page, there is a button on the toolbar (it looks like the globe). click it and your web browser will open with your page displayed. this is also a great timesaver - no more hunting for the file in explorer to preview it.

textpad has many other great time saving features, such as advanced text finding (look in several files at a time), a clip library (which lets you insert html tags, html characters and other non-standard characters to your document quickly, and auto-indentation (so that you dont have to worry about making your code "look pretty" - it does it for you).

if you are a hobby coder and are fed up with the limitations of notepad then give the textpad evaluation a try.

you can visit the homepage of textpad here