xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Smack

Virginia Tech

It is a tragedy which unfortunatly is becoming very very often in the states. I don't know what is happening with them... I am about the age of the killer and I can't understand what happened with his mind. It is weird that he got a schollarship which would recommand him as a brilliant student not someone inclined to kill people. Besides that I really wonder who easy it is to get a gun in the USA when somebody who is a foreigner can get one... I think parents are the main persons to blame. Some say there is a killer gene, but it is up to the society if that gene turns him to a killer or not. There is no security to stop such rampages all can be done is to give a better education at home.

Well at least we know why he did it based on the video NBC got and from the updates the media has been showing yesterday. Of course what the media hasn't talked about is cho family, I would assume they are still alive since I doubt he went on the boat himself since he would have 8 years old. What I find ironic is hte fact everyone knew about his mental problems but didn't really do anything about it, they should have kept him locked up until he was able let go those feelings of anger.Of course I think his statement of him being picked on was contradicting since he was a loner and beyond anti-social. Of course what was really sicken was he would compare his act of violence and suicide to the death of Jesus and that only just shows you how mentally unstabled he was amoujg other things he said.But it's time for grieving and of course people to wake about what really is important instead of oil (Bush).

First point: According to eye witnesses, the following night at a local bar, apparently, police who were first responders at the scene were tying one on and expressing their complete outrage and fury at being told to stand down to wait for the feds. That's right. They were told to stand there behind trees and do nothing and two hours passed between the dorm shootings and the rest.

Well thats screwed up....I never did like the American government and this will be more fuel for anyone else like me who doesnt trust them or like them to create conspiracy theories but i really dont see what anyone had to gain from this, except a terrorist organisation but if they were involved there would have been bombs, thank god there wasnt.

It is...i dont know how to explain it but when you hear of how close the killed came to be being treated for his obvious mental unbalances it just makes you realise how easy this would have been to avoid. Though of course he would have to want to change, as they say, for it to have been prevented.

I think the next step is to grieve and then to learn from these experiences. I think that the mental health of young people is something that is one key of many in these incidents and in the general culture of all countries leading to more violent culture and gangs etc.. so perhaps, as sad as it is, these events can highlight these issues because if the killer was assessed in more depth and then treated for his disturbances he might not have done this and i think would apply for many of the mass shootings in any country. Also it can highlight the security of places where lots of people will be together and on and on so that this kind of thing never happens again.

Second point: I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the boys who shot up Columbine H.S. were on anti-depressants and according to the Chicago Tribune:

Oh, yes, I thought of that as well. A few months back, if I remember correctly, a family sued an anti-depressant company because after taking their drugs, the father of the family then commited suicide. Seems like these things can knock you off your rocker, who knows for how long.

This morning on CNN, I heard the gunman bought the guns from a pawnshop and the seller said there was no reason not to sell it to him.

I just watched a video (on the news) about the Virginia tech massacre. The video was submitted by the killer himself. He is definitly crazy. He thinks he's some kind of second Jesus (BULL!!!!!!), he talks about how crappy his life is (BULL!!!!!!!!) then he says this day could have been prevented (BULL!!!!!!!!!), he has issues. Has anyone else seen this video???

Honestly i would not want to watch it as i think it is merely publicising his cause and i'm a firm believer you should remember the victim's not the Phsyco who kills people. I would like to know why he thinks that stuff though, maybe there is a message behind what he is saying.

Honestly i would not want to watch it as i think it is merely publicising his cause and i'm a firm believer you should remember the victim's not the Phsyco who kills people.
I would like to know why he thinks that stuff though, maybe there is a message behind what he is saying.

YEah I remember the victims and feel sorry for them. But this tape told his cause. He wanted revenge for apparently getting teased. Then he makes some whack job story that he's Jesus or something. Coocoo coocoo.

Well, if I remember correctly, he has seem some people because he has been regarded as mentally crazy. I don't really want to see the video either. It would just bring up sorrow and hatred. Everyone has their problems, some worse than others.

An informational point, not listed in my points above: This whole mess at V. Tech is an example that victim disarmament zones created by gun-ban laws create fertile ground for murderers and violent criminals to carry out their "work" with little chance of resistance. I'd bet nothing like this would ever happen at a University in Utah or Oregon where students and faculty/staff are given the ability to defend themselves from such things. There was a shooting at the Virginia Appalachian School of Law

In January 2002, a student at the Virginia Appalachian School of Law, Peter Odighizuwa, shot three people dead before other students were able to retrieve guns from their cars and put an end to the carnage before there was more bloodshed.

too, a few years ago but that school doesn't forbid students from carrying concealed and the killer managed to kill three people before being taken down by regular people who happened to have their guns with them that day. link to this story It's plain common sense: When a group of people (sheeple) are defenseless, some wolf will go into the herd and pick a few off once in a while. That's just the nature of the beast. And I hate to break it to you, it's human nature. Just because guns are illegal doesn't mean people won't commit murder. I'm not hearing any calls for banning baseball bats though they're used in an extraordinary amount of violent crimes. Nor am I hearing calls for banning Prozac and other SSRI psychotropic drugs:

Columbine shooters Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, as well as 15-year-old Kip Kinkel, the Oregon killer who gunned down his parents and classmates, were all on psychotropic drugs. Scientific studies proving that prozac encourages suicidal tendencies in young people are voluminous and span back nearly a decade.
Jeff Weise, the Red Lake High School killer was on prozac , "Unabomber" Ted Kaczinski, Michael McDermott, John Hinckley, Jr., Byran Uyesugi, Mark David Chapman and Charles Carl Roberts IV, the Amish school killer, were all on SSRI psychotropic drugs.

(From this article.)
Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

Honestly i would not want to watch it as i think it is merely publicising his cause and i'm a firm believer you should remember the victim's not the Phsyco who kills people.
I would like to know why he thinks that stuff though, maybe there is a message behind what he is saying.

YEah we all should remember the victims. I feel sorry for them and their families. They are having an really hard time dealing with what happened.My prayers are with them.

It figures it would happen eventually that people would be doing some stuff on youtube.com. I would say only 2-3 people did stupid stuff and that is mock cho's play and then upload them and the excuses this one guy made doesn't cover the fact he would do this. Even if was about the murder, however some people have posted positive videos about what happen which I say is good coming from the fact we have morons trying to start trouble. If youtube is smart they delete that video ASAP and spare more suffering that the families have gone throw so far.

Also I just read the article about Cho's family making a statement about it, from the looks of it, the authorities found the family quickly because they mention that the whole family is under protection now. But at least they made a statement so those families won't treat them like crap after what has happen. I know they are just as suffering as the rest of the families and wanting to know what happen as well.

Classic gov't op. Multiple bomb threats for weeks. Cops just cower behind trees doing nothing for hours giving the bad guy more time to carry out his agenda. As of now, I'm hearing over 30 people dead at this time. There's no excuse for this kind of event in America where, supposedly, the right to keep and bear arms is protected for all citizens. Yet, no students were armed to defend themselves from some psycho with a firearm? Completely avoidable. We're a nation of wussies who are ready to be lined up and shot by ski mask wearing thugs.

in america, you are allowed to be arm...but there are rules to it, its not like anyone can just buy a gun and thats that, no, first you have to be over 18 years of age, second, you have to have a license for the gun, and 3rd, guns are not allowed on school grounds, if found that you do have a gun or anything that would threaten people's lives, then you would be arrested, but its obvious that guy was too much for them to control....

in america, you are allowed to be arm...but there are rules to it, its not like anyone can just buy a gun and thats that, no, first you have to be over 18 years of age, second, you have to have a license for the gun, and 3rd, guns are not allowed on school grounds, if found that you do have a gun or anything that would threaten people's lives, then you would be arrested, but its obvious that guy was too much for them to control....

First of all, the rules you listed are not federal (with the exception of the age restriction for purchase), they're given to individual municipalities and states so there is a lot of variation. Second, you do not have to have a license to own a gun in all but a few places in the United States. You need a license in most states (Alaska, except for Anchorage, and Vermont are exceptions where no license is needed) to carry a concealed firearm, but since these "kids" were all over the age of 18, they were all eligible to obtain a conceal carry permit. The process is different for different states, but mostly, you need to prove by being former military or by taking a class you know how to handle and operate the firearm in a safe and proficient manner while being mindful of the law in the case you actually have to use it for protection of life or the life of another. Second, your identity is checked against NICS (FBI) data base for several things that change with the mood of congress but it's pretty thorough and it's intended to deny several classes of people from legally carrying their firearms concealed. Not entirely true either. At the University I used to attend concealed carry was allowed for students who could show a compelling need. Also it's allowed in the states of Utah and Oregon. Of course all the other requirements I made mention of above would need to be met as well. Finally, on your last point, criminals don't give a crap about rules and laws when they carry out their crimes. That's because they're criminals! Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

First of all, the rules you listed are not federal (with the exception of the age restriction for purchase), they're given to individual municipalities and states so there is a lot of variation. Second, you do not have to have a license to own a gun in all but a few places in the United States. You need a license in most states to carry a concealed firearm, but since these "kids" were all over the age of 18, they were all eligible to obtain a conceal carry permit. The process is different for different states, but mostly, you need to prove by being former military or by taking a class you know how to handle and operate the firearm in a safe and proficient manner while being mindful of the law in the case you actually have to use it for protection of life or the life of another. Second, your identity is checked against NICS (FBI) data base for several things that change with the mood of congress but it's pretty thorough and it's intended to deny several classes of people from legally carrying their firearms concealed. Not entirely true either. At the University I used to attend concealed carry was allowed for students who could show a compelling need. Also it's allowed in the states of Utah and Oregon. Of course all the other requirements I made mention of above would need to be met as well. Finally, on your last point, criminals don't give a crap about rules and laws when they carry out their crimes. That's because they're criminals!

i get your point, and how criminals just dont care about rules, what im saying is, most people bring guns to kill, not to protect, the reason why nobody had a gun to kill this guy was, because things like this dont happen much in schools, so people really dont care to carry a gun because they dont ever think that they could become victims of such things,but i guess ur right on all the other stuff u have listed, im a junior, havnt taken american government yet...still on american history, sure we learn allot about how the government runs..but we dont go deep into things like this...

I never knew about the military experience which is interesting, but don't really made since i have no need for one. But now for a big shocker in this who shooting, it looks like cho bought the clips through ebay through his account that he has. Now if that doesn't just put an eye sore ot ebay especially the person or store that sold him the clips. $5 says ebay isn't going to do anything about it except maybe slap a few restrictions of weapons and what not just to cover themselves and not get sued by every single family.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/