xisto Community
blackrabit

My Page Is Down For 18 Hours

My page is now down for more than 18 hours when OpaQue was saying the replacement process would take 8 hours at most.Can anyone tell me what's happening? I can access the server and I see it running but my files, databases, email accounts are all gone, and I can't connect through ftp. I would be pleased with an answer...

That is peculiar. I can access my site fine, barr the ridiculous SQL connection problems, for some reason or another at times it can't connect to the SQL and thus resulting in some error pages, can any of the admins explain what is going on?

I am not the admin, of couse or Moderator, but since I had the same question and other members do as well, I guess I should address this.Since the upgrade to Cpanel X, and the server change, accounts have been messed up. Some cannot access their site at all, some can access just their Cpanel, while others have troubles with their webmail and others with thier databases. Opaque should be working on this. So everybody "Lets wait"Lets wait till opaque tells us when they will be restored, I dont think it'll be thta long

Me to me

My page is not there and error 404 is diplaying.

In the Cpanel > File Manager an error is there

And that is "Internal Error, can't find that folder "

And i have no back up for my site plz help me ........

One thing which may be affecting the ability to get into your cPanel is using a "bookmark" or "favourite". I noticed that the Server was not working for me with the old bookmark, so i signed on using http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and it worked first thing.

The files are usually stored in a different directory, so I have learned to throw the old bookmarks away on cPanel and or Server changes.

Sure hopes this helps somebody.

I already read that announcement, I mentioned on my post that it should have taken 8 hours at most exactly because I read that announcement and what OpaQue said, but it has passed now 24 hours and my page is still down.

One thing which may be affecting the ability to get into your cPanel is using a "bookmark" or "favourite".

No one was complaining about being unable to access the cpanel, in my case and I think is common to others, the case is just the fact that the account is empty of all data, which means that the account is recognised by the server but all the details about the account are missing, such as the databases, the files that compose the webpages, the email accounts and all the mails.

With all this said I know I have to be patient because it seems at least some of the accounts information haven't been copied to the new hard drive and I hope that someone is taking care of that.

What I intended with this topic was to get an answer about when it should be ready since the first time announced have already passed, I don't think that would be too much to ask, but I guess Opaque (if he is the one that should answer) is too busy at the moment. But don't worry, I'm not mad, just ansious! :lol:

GOOD NEWS - Databases are there already. Only webpage files missing now!
Still patiently waiting...

OK, patience is running out!!! 2 Full days without an answer or any notice and the only thing Opaque says is that the final touches to the server were given???

Only databases and no files, ftp access, phpmyadmin, webmail accounts or their content.

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO??????

Last Edit and Answer to BuffaloHELP:

Ok BuffaloHELP, point made. I don't think I used unapropriate language. Since Xisto provides a hosting service and I have no hosted files at the moment I don't need a hosting service that meet my needs, I just need a hosting service!

I'm not blaming no one for the problems I'm experiencing or even complaining. I'm just complaining about the LACK OF ANSWERS!
Since you could make an complete 12 lines post without telling me anything new!
Edited by blackrabit (see edit history)

There's no reason for you to triple post. Editing post was enabled so that you can add to your already posted reply if your post is the last one.There's one thing that is asking for support and letting admins know what's going on with your hosting accout, and there's one that just post for the purpose of making your case known to be the only one.In case you're not aware, you're account isn't the only one that is not operative as of this point. You watch your language when posting and learn to be still.If you are unsatisfied with Xisto upgrading procedure, I kindly ask that you find hosting that will meet your needs.Triple posts were merged and last time you will be nudged to watch your language to express your frustration.

Can any one please tell me the Answer ......When my site will not show the error 404 ???????Help me im not able to see my website and also the cPanel>File Manager .........

I know that the other topic about this was locked. I'll ask my question in this one instead of starting up something new. My websites been down this whole time, 404 error. the cpanel says I have a database but my disc space used is nothing. Same as everyone else. I'd like to know if there is a way that we can get our credits back for these two days or however long it takes. I know that might sound unreasonable or whiny, but since I haven't been able to make it to this board very often I paid to keep my site here.

lol, didnt notice that only members w/ b usernames were affected. Anyway, good to see this problem coming to an end just hope mine is restored next.

My time schedule and OpaQue's are completely on the opposit of each other. I'll try to get in touch with OpaQue tonight and perform a complete comb-through the hosting accounts.Thanks for waiting and we'll get this resolved ASAP.

Actually, I don't have a "b" username (sarah81) and I'm having problems. I can't get into my cPanel (404 error). I'm not in any huge hurry or anything. I understand that these things take time to resolve. I just wanted to let you guys know ;) Thanks for working so hard on getting things back up and going. I really appreciate it ;)