xisto Community
Johnny

Where/how Did You Learn Css?

first i began with HTML and JAVA SCRIPTS but then i stooped to see a lot of problems to deal withtables width, jumping images, shadows...ectthere for i decided to open the source code of others and see what is happening this is the first time i saw CSS and i found it great...it fixed a lot of problemsand reach my imagination of making layoutsfrom that time till now i use it as a backup to my pagesi use mostly external CSS file no matter what is my pagesPHP, ASP, WORDPRESSbut as some members saidi hate browsers or to be more specific ie browser who can't read my CSS rightand makes me spend hours to fix bugs

Well I took a Web design class to learn all of this, but over the summer I decided to look into some more CSS than what I knew, before I only knew tables plus the old HTML 4.1 way. I restructured my methodology to skip tables and the font, or center tags and started skimming it down to XHTML, I did learn XHTML first but then CSS was quite difficult to understand in the beginning, if you really didn't get what it did, w3c schools is great for learning values and properties but its not very good at explaining in depth. I did learn the basics of CSS and basically I know what I need to know for XHTML, and now I forgot tables. CSS wise, the web design class I'm taking now does help to enforce everything, since I have project after project, but coding for a single resolution is difficult since later on you need to get used to different resolutions and sizes, especially with netbooks and phones, so I'm struggling with that concept. I have a hard time visualizing so CSS was a gift/boon to me compared to tables, which I believe are annoying to visualize.

I love CSS. :) Not sure if I've replied to this thread before, but CSS is so easy to learn, so easy to understand, the the format is easy to use, and it is so easy to integrate and very very functional and easy to use. I actually learned it from w3 schools.com, and I recommend it for all the new beginners because it is very simple to understand on the website.I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like the books make things much much more complicated. :P In fact, I learned all of my scripting from w3schools, and while I may not be good at it and understand everything, I know basic scripting. :D But I don't really know how they work though. :( So I can only edit small snippets, like change the colour and things.

I am interested in CSS, I have not studied it but i have used it in my tiny site. CSS addflexibility in design. You can avoid use of tables, that is a good advantage of using CSS.Understand that w3school is a good site for beginners as well as professionals for refference CSS. I will be studying it in this Holydays.